Sign in to follow this  
Liixe

Just been killed by a server hopper.

This is depressing. Killed a guy legit after stalking him and his friend as they went into the barracks, waited for them to leave and then sprayed one as they vaulted over the bench. The other fled back into one of the rooms. I waited, and waited for him to leave, finding time to loot the body I had killed - only to discover he had reappeared behind me and peppered me with machine gun bullets. First time I had ever even seen NVG's, nevermind got to loot them.

Is this even a fixable issue, or is this something I will have to learn to deal with? :s

thats not ghosting. google words before you make yourself look like an idiot

Changed the thread title as appropriate, apologies. No need to be rude.

I know what you mean, my friend and I saw a guy in a ghillie suit near Stary, my buddy took a pop at him, missed, he fired a 2nd shot and it would have made a direct hit but the guy Alt F4'd - relocated and shot my friend.

You're certain it was the same guy? I find it hard to tell my friends apart, except for their guns.

One thing that has helped my life expectancy, (and this works on server hoppers and non-exploiters, alike) is displacing.

Never "wait & wait" after you have fired on someone. The guy stalking you, or server hopping, will have it too easy.

Yeah, could tell. The guy who killed me had a machine gun, and fired a couple shots before realising he was in a bad spot. Heard those shots again as I died.

Changed the thread title as appropriate' date=' apologies. No need to be rude.

[/quote']

yeah sorry, just loads of people call it ghosting when its not. i just dont want a wrong term to catch on and be used haha.

but i agree, this dc'ing and coming up behind people is retardedly game breaking

Eh, don't worry about it man, bad things happen, just gotta move on, respawn and start your next dayz experience.

Earlier today I was stalking a guy, only had a revolver on me at the time, I was waiting to get closer to ensure I would kill him, I see him begin to talk into a building then he suddenly stops, I figure this might be my chance, I begin to crouch run down, when I'm about 50m away I pop 3 rounds into his upper chest, didn't do anything, figured it was lag and he'd die soon enough.

I figured I'd check out a building near by while I wait, as I turn to exit the building my leg breaks and my health drops, I look all around me to find nothing, then I watch my blood drop again and I'm dead. I was pretty annoyed about it, mostly because there was absolutely nothing I could do, but eh, I quickly got over it as soon as I respawned :P

Same thing happened to me in Stary, looks like it's a hot place for this.

I just posted this on /v/ so I might as well repost here.

I made it all the way to the NWAF and raided the barrack in the middle of the night to avoid being seen, and I'm in the second last room from the end when suddenly some cunt throws a chemlight in the last room.

So I faced the door and wait for him to walk in.

Unloaded half a M4A1 CCO mag into him, then he disconncted.

Knowing he is a little server-hopping bitch I knew he was going to try and ghost me by rolling behind me on a different server, so I turned around and sure enough about 1 and a half minutes later he spawns in my crosshairs.

Killed him. Like a bitch.

Ahaaa just happened again to my friend.

He was in the barracks looting, he made sure he was the only one in there. As he's looting he gets shot numerous times in the back by a guy with a FN FAL, he obviously hopped there, I approach the barracks and lie down facing the door, I can see right through; waiting for the FN FAL dude to enter the hallway.

As he comes out I nail the fuck out of him, I get the confirmed kill yet the scrub Alt F4'd.

He took my friend's NVG and M107, and I couldn't retrieve them because our opponent's corpse disappeared (assuming this is because he quickly Alt F4'd even though I killed his ass).

If someone DCs in front of you, just log out too. Don't play into their bullshit game just so you can have some false e-pride. If someone beats you fair and square, so be it, but I personally refuse to die to a server hopper.

If someone dc, relocate to avoid ghosting.

I stay away from the NWAF. Night vision goggles really aren't worth the bullshit you have to put up with to acquire them.

Had it happen to me too. People just spawning behind in a building.

There was an odd point in time, where when I logged in I dropped to the ground and had to wait for 3 minutes before I could get up. This happened twice, but thankfully in the middle of no-where so I was fine.

It wouldn't be a bad idea to put in a 1-2 minute timer when you log in. Or just flat out refuse to allow you to log in within 50 meters of other players.

Changed the thread title as appropriate' date=' apologies. No need to be rude.

[/quote']

In DayZ ghosting is used about people server hopping to reposition themselves to get an upperhand, just like in your original example. You got it right, other dude got it wrong. ;)