user23353453

DO Not Shrink the Slots in Clothes in Update 1.26!!!

I like the idea of the slots being reduced. Very much so...and it should have been done years ago. Nobody should be walking around with an M-16 in their trousers and a Glock in their T-Shirt and a Mosin in their backpack. It's fucking stupid.

And while your at it Devs, make the fucking zombies lethal again. It's absolutely ridiculous that the main antagonist in the game cannot kill the player.

Thanks. 🙂

• Thanks 1
  • Beans 2

Yeah.... Its silly hearing people say: ~"don't worry, ill get up in a minute, they wont kill me". Infected with rage npcs just give up their rage when the target is lying. If so then why are they attacking us when we're standing/lying completely still? But this is not enough. Game also needs an adjustment to the detection mechanic. Currently infected are not good enough in getting those who make biggest noise. And their intelligence when it comes to finding players who throw items at them? That's even more funny.

Edited by nemorus
letters...
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, nemorus said:

Yeah.... Its silly hearing people say: ~"don't worry, ill get up in minute, they wont kill me".

That's my strat when there's too many of them.

Why fight 10 of them 1 on 1 and risk losing a lot of blood/bandages/hp when I can just run into the crowd, get hit 5-6 times instantly and go uncon immediately.
They disperse and I wake up with more blood/bandages/hp than I would have had if I fought them and then I run to safety.

On 8/20/2024 at 6:25 AM, nemorus said:

No one likes? That's a lie. On this very board there are people who like the idea of reducing slots (including me) and people who dislike that. Let's be at least semi-objective, ok? And so what that some servers will have to make adjustments? Its always like that for server owners. Always was. You new?

Not sure why you would want your inventory to be smaller. Bad idea and game ending for me. Our server will not be upped again. Just going to let it die. 100s of hours waisted in setting things up and adding buildings and all. Just for them to trash the game. 

Edited by TheLordVIle

Learn to adapt and overcome i guess. For me its not a problem at all. This game changed so much since its started - there are people who still play mod and alpha because they liked them more. Nothing bad about that. But the main game will change with time.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, nemorus said:

Learn to adapt and overcome i guess. For me its not a problem at all. This game changed so much since its started - there are people who still play mod and alpha because they liked them more. Nothing bad about that. But the main game will change with time.

This so called update feels like a step backwards. I just feel for me its now not worth my time. I know of others that are also stopping because of the way they are changing the game. I don't miss it at all, plenty of other games out there. 

14 hours ago, TheLordVIle said:

Not sure why you would want your inventory to be smaller. Bad idea and game ending for me. Our server will not be upped again. Just going to let it die. 100s of hours waisted in setting things up and adding buildings and all. Just for them to trash the game. 

how does reducing inventory trash the game? All it does is force the player to be more discerning regarding the loot they carry; can't carry every little thing in the game for every contingency. Next, they should make it so you can't full sprint when carrying a field bag full of loot, and can't run straight up steep hills. The game should be harder, that is a step in the right direction. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

59 minutes ago, TheLordVIle said:

This so called update feels like a step backwards. I just feel for me its now not worth my time. I know of others that are also stopping because of the way they are changing the game. I don't miss it at all, plenty of other games out there. 

we have stats for that - steam charts for example. Everything will be crystal clear in a year or so.

1 hour ago, Misnomera said:

how does reducing inventory trash the game? All it does is force the player to be more discerning regarding the loot they carry; can't carry every little thing in the game for every contingency. Next, they should make it so you can't full sprint when carrying a field bag full of loot, and can't run straight up steep hills. The game should be harder, that is a step in the right direction. 

Making the game harder is just going to make the casual gamer leave. The only ones left are the nolifers that spend hours daily in the game.  The casual gamer group is larger than the people that can spend hours daily in a game. 

A small example: having less items = more stamina, which gives casual player bigger chance to escape from sticky situation. Also, lets not forget that official servers have no more than 2% of whole market. 98% is private initiative, mostly modded. And mods allow for custom number of slots. So tell me - how is dayz gonna lose anything?

• Like 1

I see the community base hasn't changed to much in my absence, be it, just new faces. 

• Beans 1

9 hours ago, TheLordVIle said:

Making the game harder is just going to make the casual gamer leave. The only ones left are the nolifers that spend hours daily in the game.  The casual gamer group is larger than the people that can spend hours daily in a game. 

You'd have the devs sacrifice what makes the game unique in order to appeal to a wider audience? Dayz isnt designed for the casual gamer, but there are plenty of community servers to accommodate those kinds of players. IMO you shouldn't be able to accomplish all that Dayz has to offer in a matter of hours, meaning it might take a few sessions to progress your gear, put together a car, or start a base. You should build stashes if you can't handle an inventory reduction. A stash in a freshy town with a fishing rod setup will allow you to essentially skip the early game struggle that casuals often get stuck on. The better you get at the game, the more you'll realize it isn't nearly as hard as you think and that inventory space isn't much of an issue. Also, I don't know of many casual players that bother posting on forums of the games they play.