Posted (edited)

Is there a complete official  server and player wipe on the 8th or not.  ??????????????????

Edited by Kingfisher5564u
add word

11 minutes ago, Kingfisher5564u said:

Is there a complete server and player wipe on the 8th or not.  ??????????????????

About server wipe: I don't see any reason for calling wipe, because if item/cargo size was decreased - items will fall on the ground on your enter.

No new items/vehicles buildings - so again no need for wipe object database.

And last thing that's really matters that you question is not correct at the basement.

I'm understanding you you live in small world and don't see objects in front of your nose, but I've got some good news, the world is huge and DayZ Servers can be PRIVATE and OFFICIAL. That's why it's really matters what's server's interested for your question.

Yet still you better ask Mrs. @merropa93 about wipe statement for private and public servers. I think she can ask Development Team about possible wipes and give us more detailed explanation about future update in time.

Also please understand that current state of 1.26 is "Testing", that means it can be changed over 100500 times, like for now it's not required, but tomorrow it will required to wipe the servers.

🙂 But yet still I don't think that 1.26 will required for any server's wipe. But time will show and @merropa93 can let us to know about it 🙂

• Confused 1

I don't care if they wipe it or not. I just want to know. I'm going out burning up all my stored ammo because Im being told there is going to be one. Killed off three characters . I don't like wasting things. 

• Beans 1

16 hours ago, Sid Debian said:

About server wipe: I don't see any reason for calling wipe, because if item/cargo size was decreased - items will fall on the ground on your enter.

No new items/vehicles buildings - so again no need for wipe object database.

And last thing that's really matters that you question is not correct at the basement.

I'm understanding you you live in small world and don't see objects in front of your nose, but I've got some good news, the world is huge and DayZ Servers can be PRIVATE and OFFICIAL. That's why it's really matters what's server's interested for your question.

Yet still you better ask Mrs. @merropa93 about wipe statement for private and public servers. I think she can ask Development Team about possible wipes and give us more detailed explanation about future update in time.

Also please understand that current state of 1.26 is "Testing", that means it can be changed over 100500 times, like for now it's not required, but tomorrow it will required to wipe the servers.

🙂 But yet still I don't think that 1.26 will required for any server's wipe. But time will show and @merropa93 can let us to know about it 🙂

Hello, we are always handling official servers in this matter, we can give suggestions or recommendations to the admins of the community servers, but the final decisions are theirs. 🙂

• Confused 1

16 hours ago, Kingfisher5564u said:

I don't care if they wipe it or not. I just want to know. I'm going out burning up all my stored ammo because Im being told there is going to be one. Killed off three characters . I don't like wasting things. 

Heh but welcome to the life. Each day we're wasting things in many different ways, starting from money endings with lifetime. 🙂

1 hour ago, merropa93 said:

Hello, we are always handling official servers in this matter, we can give suggestions or recommendations to the admins of the community servers, but the final decisions are theirs. 🙂

I don't understand if in the "Official" servers (yours, NOT the community's) there will be some kind of deletion or not. Thanks for any valid information on this. 🙂

4 hours ago, Riddick_2K said:

I don't understand if in the "Official" servers (yours, NOT the community's) there will be some kind of deletion or not. Thanks for any valid information on this. 🙂

Sorry for the delayed response, last minute tests uncovered new issues in the hotfix 1.25 and we had to evaluate the pros and cons of proceeding with the patch being released or not.
Here is an open letter from our project lead Thales with more details read here.

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

33 minutes ago, merropa93 said:

Sorry for the delayed response, last minute tests uncovered new issues in the hotfix 1.25 and we had to evaluate the pros and cons of proceeding with the patch being released or not.
Here is an open letter from our project lead Thales with more details read here.

Anyway, thanks for the reply... and no problem with the "delay"... (5 hours... what delay?).
That post is talking about 1.25, the one already present... NOT 1.26, which is "in progress".
Did you really think you were going to do a cancellation after having already released a patch (1.25) just for an update of the same?!? 😲
Anyway, if I understood correctly, there will be no update and no cancellation, right?
You must excuse me but I have to translate with Google.
And for 1.26?
Are there any cancellations planned?
Reply when you can, no problem... it's "just" a video game, luckily... not life. 😉

• Confused 1

44 minutes ago, Riddick_2K said:

Anyway, thanks for the reply... and no problem with the "delay"... (5 hours... what delay?).
That post is talking about 1.25, the one already present... NOT 1.26, which is "in progress".
Did you really think you were going to do a cancellation after having already released a patch (1.25) just for an update of the same?!? 😲
Anyway, if I understood correctly, there will be no update and no cancellation, right?
You must excuse me but I have to translate with Google.
And for 1.26?
Are there any cancellations planned?
Reply when you can, no problem... it's "just" a video game, luckily... not life. 😉

We posted the announcement regarding the cancellation in the 1.25 update topic because the patch will fix issues that are currently present on update 1.25, which is the latest stable update. The release of the patch is not cancelled in general, but it was cancelled for today because it was meant to be released in today afternoon. Instead of releasing the patch that would fix one thing but break another, we are postponing the patch to solve the issues first. 
We will give more specific info about the hotfix next week. 🙂

Update 1.26 is in progress and will not be affected by this in any way, it is completely unrelated to it including the Experimental 1.26 version.
I hope this will help you to better understand the current situation.
If you have any more questions, feel free to ask 🙂

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

20 hours ago, merropa93 said:

We posted the announcement regarding the cancellation in the 1.25 update topic because the patch will fix issues that are currently present on update 1.25, which is the latest stable update. The release of the patch is not cancelled in general, but it was cancelled for today because it was meant to be released in today afternoon. Instead of releasing the patch that would fix one thing but break another, we are postponing the patch to solve the issues first. 
We will give more specific info about the hotfix next week. 🙂

Update 1.26 is in progress and will not be affected by this in any way, it is completely unrelated to it including the Experimental 1.26 version.
I hope this will help you to better understand the current situation.
If you have any more questions, feel free to ask 🙂

It seems like you're beating around the bush but you don't want to say it openly...
If I understand correctly: with the next patch (whatever it is and whenever it is distributed) there will be a total deletion of the characters too... right?

On 8/9/2024 at 3:03 PM, Riddick_2K said:

It seems like you're beating around the bush but you don't want to say it openly...
If I understand correctly: with the next patch (whatever it is and whenever it is distributed) there will be a total deletion of the characters too... right?

For PC it will be characters, for consoles - map + character. More details will be posted this week.

• Thanks 1
  • Beans 1

Been a tense week or so for base builders and hoarders like myself. With the announcement of the PC character wipe like many others we had to deposit our good loot in our base, not ideal due to an unwanted visitor that logged into our base the day after the original wipe announcement. No damage done but we suspect they’re still there. Then the night after the cancelled wipe a full raid through six gates, sympathetic and very little damage done, all rebuilt and secured. Yesterday another full six gate raid all loot disposed of including my favourite tent😢. Rebuilt again this morning and await the next raid!

We’ve been lucky every raid got nothing better than a weapons cleaning kit due to our diligence in always logging out with the good loot, must be a lot of players out there with excess loot to burn or could it be the dupers using up their ill gotten gains before it’s gone? Hope all you other hoarders out there have been as lucky as us.

Anyway looking forward to getting back to normal gaming soon after the character wipe (take your time devs and get it right), only been on the coast once since last wiped so I hope I can still remember how to survive on the treacherous journey home. 

• Beans 1

The ease with which you can hack a base is incredibly absurd, compared to the time and effort it takes to build it... 😞
This would be a major thing to fix in DayZ.
But it seems like they are doing it on purpose to push DayZ towards a "fast CoD" style of play, instead of a true "survival".
You can only make a "classic" base if you play in a large Clan, but then it becomes a constant war... This is NOT DayZ anymore.
Or look for something small and hidden (as I tried for years), but you always find someone who finds it and enters it... It's a losing battle.
Now, in public, I no longer make bases, but I just hide my supplies and hope they don't get found... it's a war there too, but I still have my systems unhacked.
You have my complete sympathy.
It would be nice to have a general ticket on the B.I. Feedback site where as many people as possible could complain about the ease of hacking bases that DayZ has.

• Beans 1