merropa93

Experimental Update 1.26 (Change Log)

On 9/9/2024 at 8:33 PM, Xeonmeister said:

I just can't for the love of god understand why the DayZ devs don't split game mechanics like this into a hardcore and casual mode. There are already hardcore server which are hardcore because... first person view only and a little less loot. Wow.

If they only changed the clothing and backpack inventory on the hardcore 'branch' then I wouldn't mind it. The thing is that a lot of people like to play dayz bc it's a slower looter-shooter for them. Look at all the modded servers which have the highest player counts. So many of them have either more inventory slots, or modded clothing with more inventory slots, or stuff like nbc cases which can hold an entire nbc set using up only 9-16 slots. It's really counterproductive to treat the playerbase as a whole as hardcore, challenge thirsty simulator lovers. Just split the game into 2 modes already.

This is a good idea, have you ever thought of opening a suggestion ticket on the feedback site?

3 hours ago, CallMeRive said:

As for the inventory sizes, while I personally like challenging conditions (sometimes extremely challenging), I'd offer a compromise: still big inventories, but divided in groups to avoid having big continuous spaces. Like, for example, the hunter backpack could have one larger space, but still not big enough for rifles/ARs, and then (just like it has it shown on the models) 3 separate pockets, one slightly larger, like 3x2, and then 2 smaller ones, like 2x2.

This is a good idea, have you ever thought of opening a suggestion ticket on the feedback site?

1 hour ago, Riddick_2K said:

Precisely for this new change I tried the experimental version again, I have a doll in "3635 - Asia Pacific - SG", I will survive anyway, I will adapt to the change, but I still consider it a wrong change.
You cannot forget certain changes that you consider wrong, because you will find them every time you play.
And I am not writing in this forum so that the "DayZ offices" will hear it but to express, like everyone else, my opinion on the matter.
I repeat again that if my tone was too emphatic I am sorry, I did not intend to offend anyone, but I hope that it is still possible to express, in cordial and polite tones, one's opinion and contest that of others considered wrong. This is called "dialogue/discussion" and should be the purpose of a forum, right?
If I had wanted to make my opinion known to the "DayZ offices", I would have opened a ticket on their feedback site, as others have done.

🙂

Ah, so are you the one who keeps raiding my bases and blowing up all my containers? Because that's really uncool whoever is doing it. I am not a PVPer, nor am I into raiding other's bases. I try to enjoy the game on a small, low pop server, but someone on 3635-SG makes it almost unplayable

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, frogskyn said:

Ah, so are you the one who keeps raiding my bases and blowing up all my containers? Because that's really uncool whoever is doing it. I am not a PVPer, nor am I into raiding other's bases. I try to enjoy the game on a small, low pop server, but someone on 3635-SG makes it almost unplayable

No, it's not me... 🙂
You definitely don't know me, if you had read some of my posts on the forum, you would know that I don't raid and I don't kill anyone except as a last and extreme defense. 😉
I also look for servers with little population to avoid "man hunters" and cheaters.
If you hid your deposits well, you must have been very unlucky, on a server that has a maximum of 10 players. Let's hope it's not some cheater who is testing an "esp" with the new patch. 🙁

5 hours ago, Riddick_2K said:

Feel free to suggest it to the devs any way you'd prefer. TBH, I think, they've thought of it already.

• Beans 1

11 hours ago, Riddick_2K said:

I don't know what Google translated, but I wrote that you CANNOT dismantle a makeshift fishing rod.
I tried again, just to be sure, just now... both on a Vanilla 1.25 server and on an experimental 1.26, and in neither server did I find any option to dismantle the fishing rod (both with and without a hook), nor did I see the rope that could be taken as for the fence, turret and flag kits.
If you know the system for recovering the rope from a makeshift fishing rod, and would be kind enough to share it, you would be doing me a huge favor.

Done on 1.26 experimental, probably works on 1.25 too. All you need is a knife which to be honest shouldn't be required.

Edited by DefectiveWater
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, DefectiveWater said:

Done on 1.26 experimental, probably works on 1.25 too. All you need is a knife which to be honest shouldn't be required.

Great, thanks... this was just what we needed.

Hoping it's a wanted feature and not a "bug" that will be fixed.

Edited by Riddick_2K

@Judley

There is no point in talking with him, really. He argue that something cant be dismantled but he does not even know the ingame name for it and probably does not even try to dismantle it with a tool... And he is stubborn like this in basically every topic.

@CallMeRive

Have you tried cutting bush down? Cars also lose interactions when they are inside bush or a big tree. You need to find the correct spot or just cut it down.

@DefectiveWater

I also think that backpacks should have some extra slots. I like the recent changes to inventory sizes, but extra slots could extend backpacks variety. But I guess its harder to make it right, regarding clipping of items, different sizes and player stances, but maybe in the future... Some mods already have added many extra slots but players looks like turtles and items sometimes float in the air. You can attach pots, plastic boxes, gas stoves, med packs, sometimes a weapon, compas, binoculars and many more and it looks ridiculous. It should be done in a smart way, with just few items/slots (2/3 max) per backpack and combine different types to make them unique.

@merropa93

Got a question regarding one desync bug. On the last stream with Marks and Adam we could saw that on your dev build 1.27 it is present even on "singleplayer" version. Marks couldnt get any item in his hands and interactions were broken because the server thought that he has something in hands but on client side hands were empty. This bug is in the game for a long time (2 years at least) and I have a feeling that it is more present now than before. Is there any chance that the team could try to find the issue? Its often happens when player tries to swap items from inventory into hands. And it can happen both ways, your hands can be empty or you can have an item in your hands but you cant use it because server does not recognize anything in your hands.

There are 2 actions that can fix it, but its not always working. One solution when you are at least 2 people, the "not bugged" player can handcuff hands of "bugged player" with handcuffs, rope or anything else and after releasing the player, its status may update. Second solution needs to be done by bugged player, he needs to use Surrender emote that raises hands and drops items from them. But as I said, they are not always working, the ultimate solution is to relog. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

6 hours ago, Kuzyn. said:

@merropa93

Got a question regarding one desync bug. On the last stream with Marks and Adam we could saw that on your dev build 1.27 it is present even on "singleplayer" version. Marks couldnt get any item in his hands and interactions were broken because the server thought that he has something in hands but on client side hands were empty. This bug is in the game for a long time (2 years at least) and I have a feeling that it is more present now than before. Is there any chance that the team could try to find the issue? Its often happens when player tries to swap items from inventory into hands. And it can happen both ways, your hands can be empty or you can have an item in your hands but you cant use it because server does not recognize anything in your hands.

There are 2 actions that can fix it, but its not always working. One solution when you are at least 2 people, the "not bugged" player can handcuff hands of "bugged player" with handcuffs, rope or anything else and after releasing the player, its status may update. Second solution needs to be done by bugged player, he needs to use Surrender emote that raises hands and drops items from them. But as I said, they are not always working, the ultimate solution is to relog. 

Thanks for bringing it to our attention. I sent it to my colleagues in our internal feedback chat. It's probably known but if it wasn't that frequent back then, it most likely got a lower prio.
They will look into it and see what we can do about it.😊

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Kuzyn. said:

@Judley

There is no point in talking with him, really. He argue that something cant be dismantled but he does not even know the ingame name for it and probably does not even try to dismantle it with a tool... And he is stubborn like this in basically every topic.

You are biased.
I never said I knew the whole game.
The name of the game is irrelevant, if I wrote the exact name of the "types.xml" file, probably, no one would understand it. I use Google Translate.
And you think I am "he is stubborn like this in basically every topic" just because in this thread I don't have the same opinion as you?
I am ready to change my opinion, but you have to convince me... and it is not the "number that makes the reason".

Maybe you should read more about me, and without "prejudices".

🙂

10 minutes ago, Riddick_2K said:

You are biased.
I never said I knew the whole game.
The name of the game is irrelevant, if I wrote the exact name of the "types.xml" file, probably, no one would understand it. I use Google Translate.
And you think I am "he is stubborn like this in basically every topic" just because in this thread I don't have the same opinion as you?
I am ready to change my opinion, but you have to convince me... and it is not the "number that makes the reason".

Maybe you should read more about me, and without "prejudices".

🙂

There are only two fishing rods in the game now and only two in the types.xml.

name="FishingRod">

name="ImprovisedFishingRod">

There is no Makeshift fishing rod. Improvised one can be dismantled as it was shown to you on the video. And it was possible to do that for years. So its not the bug or new feature...

12 minutes ago, Kuzyn. said:

There are only two fishing rods in the game now and only two in the types.xml.

name="FishingRod">

name="ImprovisedFishingRod">

There is no Makeshift fishing rod. Improvised one can be dismantled as it was shown to you on the video. And it was possible to do that for years. So its not the bug or new feature...

OK.
I repeat that I never said I knew the whole game... is that a serious fault?
Who knows how many other things I don't know about the game because I've still never tried them yet.
Google translates "ImprovisedFishingRod" and "Makeshift fishing rod" to me the same... but the concept is the same, if you don't want to find any error by force.
I am happy to learn that this is a feature that has been around for a long time and is not a bug.
¯\_(^~^)_/ ¯

4 hours ago, Riddick_2K said:

OK.
I repeat that I never said I knew the whole game... is that a serious fault?
Who knows how many other things I don't know about the game because I've still never tried them yet.
Google translates "ImprovisedFishingRod" and "Makeshift fishing rod" to me the same... but the concept is the same, if you don't want to find any error by force.
I am happy to learn that this is a feature that has been around for a long time and is not a bug.
¯\_(^~^)_/ ¯

If you dont know something you can always check the wiki, some people from the community try to mantain it and make it up to date. I myself work on a website with some basics regarding gameplay, mods or community maps.

2 hours ago, Kuzyn. said:

If you dont know something you can always check the wiki, some people from the community try to mantain it and make it up to date. I myself work on a website with some basics regarding gameplay, mods or community maps.

Yes, it's true, I should have at least checked.
And it's a site that I know and always recommend to all new people looking for information:
dayz.fandom.com
&
izurvive.com
But always specifying that "Wiki DayZ" is not very updated.
I used it a lot at the beginning, now not anymore... sometimes I tried to see if it wrote something about some news, but few times I found useful information.
As I already said it was my mistake of underestimating the Wiki (more an forgetfulness than a real underestimation).
At the beginning I only went hunting, and I fed myself on this.
Only when they nerfed the nutritional value of meat I looked for an alternative (hunting had become absurdly useless), but I fished a lot only with "industrial" fishing rods, they are often found on the coast.
Now that they are reducing all the inventories it is becoming necessary to reduce the objects I wanted to try the improvised cane, and it was fine when I could put it in a backpack, but now that they have reduced those too...
For me that cane is a novelty and not finding an option to dismantle it I assumed they were not there (it is not that for every single thing I try all the tools... knives, axes, hammers, pliers, screwdrivers, etc...)
Anyway you are right, I underestimated the Wiki DayZ... my mistake.

I guess I am human too.

¯\_(^~^)_/ ¯