merropa93

Experimental Update 1.26 (Change Log)

On 8/19/2024 at 5:29 PM, merropa93 said:

Im sorry, it is what it is

Everything is fine. Then pay attention to this. When a weapon is in the "worn" state of wear, it is not clear how many more rounds it can fire before its condition becomes "damaged." Once it becomes damaged, the chance of jamming increases significantly. It often happens that a weapon jams almost immediately after its condition becomes “damaged”. This is quite critical in situations where the player is under attack from a large number of opponents or, say, when hunting a bear. The main problem is that there is no way for a weapon to have a safety margin and therefore it can fail at any moment. I think this can be solved by increasing the number of wear levels or something like that.

Posted (edited)
On 8/19/2024 at 4:29 PM, merropa93 said:

Hello, 
there are currently no plans for this. It's true that it does not correspond with reality, but DayZ is not a simulator, it's a game. This topic has been brought up many times and the answer won't please you much. "The difference between computer simulations and computer games is subtle but important. At the core, the distinction is that simulations are about things (or systems) and how they behave, and games are about a fun user experience." So mechanics, that are at some point simplified in comparison to reality might stay like this unless it's a part of a larger rework that would have any impact on the current mechanics, but it still doesn't mean that the rework would be matching the reality. Im sorry, it is what it is.😔

I take note and thank you for clearly explaining the management philosophy of DayZ.

However, I do not completely agree with the distinction between "simulation" and "game".
In my opinion, the term "simulation" is overused too often, in many senses, also because it is a specific term that I have a bit of difficulty associating with any type of video game/software on PC. Even if it were ArmA3/ArmA4...
On PC you will always have insurmountable compromises and you will always miss the physical sensation, very important in a simulation (have you ever seen the "fake" cockpits for training airline pilots? Well, that can be defined as a "simulator", with all the limitations of a simulation, obviously).
EVERYTHING else is "just video games", more or less complex and more or less well-finished.
All other "video games", however, should at least be "coherent" with the setting they claim to "recreate" and for which they are advertised and sold.
DayZ is advertised and sold as:
1)
"The post-soviet country of Chernarus..."
So the time and place setting is clear... after the fall of the Soviet empire and between Europe and Asia. Not in 2352 (star year) and in a universe lost among unknown galaxies.
2)
"DayZ is an unforgiving, authentic, open world sandbox..."
So there is also reference to a "claimed authenticity" of the game's representation.
There is a lot to discuss about the meaning of "authentic", and I wouldn't know how to do it in English, but in Italian the meaning is this: "corresponding to the truth" or "what is true"
A synonym is also: frank, genuine, sincere...
Its opposite is also: false, fake...
I think that in English it is not that different...
This is why I think that DayZ should still try to be as "realistic" as possible... or at least as "plausible" as possible to the reality of the facts and objects in use in the period after the fall of the Soviet empire, on Earth, in the space between Europe and Asia.

Nobody is looking for a real... "simulator"...

I think it would be a huge and fallacious undertaking for any company... but a "playable" game and, at the same time, more adherent to the reality of the facts and objects YES!

Otherwise, really... could we also expect a "Purple Flying Unicorn" just because it's "fun to play" ?!? I hope not...
I understand that this graphics engine is not really... a "little angel" (at least from what I read around), but please... for what you can... try to make it as "realistic" or "plausible" as possible to the context for which it is described and sold.
And don't hide behind the distinction with "simulators", which seems more of an excuse than anything else.

Thanks and good work to all of you 😉

Edited by Riddick_2K

PC Experimental 1.26 Update 2 - Version 1.26.158670 (Release on 22.08.2024)

NOTES

• Consider using the Steam client option to verify the integrity of the local game cache to avoid corrupted data after downloading this update.
  • Consider de-fragmenting your HDD after downloading large updates.
  • In case of problems, please check the Bohemia Interactive support F.A.Q., DayZ F.A.Q., or BattlEye F.A.Q.
  • You can help us to further improve the game by posting your feedback on the Feedback Tracker.

GAME

ADDED

• Rubber Boat
  • Experimental watermark with version number
  • New sound effects for pneumonia
  • New sound effects for fishing with the improvised fishing rod
  • Particles for car wheels on asphalt and gravel
  • DayZ Frostline info in the main menu

FIXED

• Fixed an exploit to look through walls
  • Fixed a game crash in the Livonia underground
  • The name of the dead fox was not correctly displayed
  • Fixed unintended behavior of the fishing trap
  • It was not possible to drink from animal troughs
  • Shooting small plastic objects generated a black dust particle effect
  • The middle and top floors of watchtowers were not visible in the vicinity view
  • Multiple fireplaces in close proximity would persist even through heavy rain
  • Several items were clipping when added to the cooking slot of fireplaces
  • Fixed several broken item interactions
  • Sidewalks in Chernarus were disproportionately harmful to footwear (https://feedback.bistudio.com/T182580)
  • The shemag was not properly held in hands
  • The heat pack was missing its fire geometry
  • The tactical goggles weren't fully displayed in inventory view
  • The hunting vest had wrong fire geometry
  • Rain was not visible from inside a vehicle
  • It was not possible to use the surrender emote with an item in hands
  • It was not possible to upgrade a torch with fuel from a gas station pump
  • Other players could see buried items on top of the supposed stash location (https://feedback.bistudio.com/T183104 - private)
  • The wolf headdress was missing certain materials

CHANGED

• Reduced inventory capacity of backpacks and some larger jackets
  • Tweaked the free-look restrictions during continuous actions
  • Cooking meat from predators now has a 40% chance of ridding it from parasites
  • Reduced sound ranges for ambient animals
  • Tweaked heat insulation values for the patrol gear variants

SERVER

• Fixed: Not setting a shardID for your server would result in it defaulting to a bad value (ShardIds 000 - 099 will not function) (https://feedback.bistudio.com/T183412)

MODDING

• Added: DayZPlayer.GetLookLimits and DayZPlayer.GetAimLimits script API
  • Added: CatchYieldBank registration management methods (https://feedback.bistudio.com/T183548)
  • Added: "SurfaceInfo.GetByName" and "SurfaceInfo.GetByFile" to directly get the SurfaceInfo
  • Fixed: Applied several changes to sustain modding compatibility
  • Changed: CatchYieldBank defaults initialization for modded WorldData (https://feedback.bistudio.com/T183548)

KNOWN ISSUES

• The character can glitch under water after exiting boat at high speed
  • Incorrect "Stop engine" behavior on boats
  • Sea wave movement sometimes jumps
  • It is not possible to repair boats
  • Push boat is present from inside the boat
  • Inconsistent and missing damage textures of the boats
  • Players can ride ruined boats
  • Boats cannot be damaged via melee combat
  • Camera behavior is wrong when switching from 1pp to 3pp in CivilianSedan and exiting boats
  • Character gets thrown off the boat when fishing from it
  • Surrender gesture is not working consistently when standing inside boat and on vehicles
  • Climbing on a boat can cause wrong animations
  • Climbing on boat, especially with no or low stamina causes animation issues
  • Pull out body in boat animation can glitch
  • Smoke particles are appearing from the incorrect part of oven
  • Smoke particle stays on ovens even after smoking item is removed
  • Volumetric fog is not present immediately after connecting
  • Heat comfort of the player rises when eating food with neutral temperature
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 4
  • Sad 1
  • Beans 1

Let's also reduce backpacks, now ?!?

But you allow me to put ALL the bags I find on my shoulder, right ?!?

And weapons, with their carrying strap, should ALL be on the shoulder... right ?

And stamina should be proportional to the character's training, not the same for everyone, right ?!?

Seriously: do everything you can to make players run away from the official servers and save on management costs ?!?

🤨

• Haha 1

53 minutes ago, Sauwercraud said:

Great Job!!!

i second this!

"reduced inventory capacity of backpacks...." finally :))) thank u!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2
  • Sad 1

So, will be a wipe on experimental today? or what will happen with who already has a full backpack?

Are you kidding me?
How come only in this forum I find people who appreciate this bullshit?
The majority of the modded server increases all the inventories, for the videos on YT the vast majority complains about this... how come only in this forum is this bullshit "praised"? Is there a "gathering of weirdos"?!?

😵  🤔  😕

4 minutes ago, Fonseca Games said:

So, will be a wipe on experimental today? or what will happen with who already has a full backpack?

When you reconnect, if things are too big for your inventory, they will fall to the ground and you should get a warning on your screen. This used to happen

12 minutes ago, Riddick_2K said:

Are you kidding me?
The majority of the modded server increases all the inventories, for the videos on YT the vast majority complains about this... how come only in this forum is this bullshit "praised"? Is there a "gathering of weirdos"?!?

😵  🤔  😕

What's wrong?

• Like 3

Are you kidding me?

😵  🤔  😕

This game is/was too easy with huge backpacks and people carrying 5 weapons on them all the time. Dont even try to defend that 🤣

But due to those new changes I would personally change sizes of some items like repair kits or headtorches to be little smaller. Also, it would be nice to see some extra slots on backpacks. For example map slot on hiking/mountain backpack, one extra slot on few military backpacks for a mag for example. That would make it more interesting and varied.

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

Are you kidding me?

😵  🤔  😕

the "majority of the modded servers" has traders and use infinite stamina. are u asking for that too now? i guess not.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

Just now, Riddick_2K said:

What I wrote...

Inventory sizes? It seems like you yourself want the game to be more realistic? Do you want some facts? I actually have a 20 liter canister. Its dimensions are approximately 36x43x17 centimeters. I can say with confidence that it will not fit into any “civilian” backpack. Maybe the biggest one. Not to mention the fact that by some miracle it could be placed in some items of clothing. Personally, I like any change that makes the game more realistic, so I'm one of those who like this update.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

10 minutes ago, etwas said:

the "majority of the modded servers" has traders and use infinite stamina. are u asking for that too now? i guess not.

Don't always think in "Black and White". I'm ONLY talking about the slots in backpacks and clothes. NOT all servers have "Traders" (which in my opinion are the exact opposite of the "DayZ philosophy": looking for what you need to survive) In mine I have NEVER put it and I would never do it. Infinite stamina is another "FPS Arcade" bullshit... and NOT all modded servers have it. Maybe I understood the "problem". In this server, that is, there are mainly "CoD" players who would also like to "CoDize" DayZ. Only a player who is NOT looking for "survival", who is NOT trying to survive alone in remote places carrying everything he needs for this... and who only enjoys looking for wretches to kill and wants them "unarmed and helpless" can want the slots to be reduced (he doesn't need them and it creates problems for him if others use them).

This is not DayZ...

This is becoming more and more CoD.

😔

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, 64coreCPU said:

Inventory sizes? It seems like you yourself want the game to be more realistic? Do you want some facts? I actually have a 20 liter canister. Its dimensions are approximately 36x43x17 centimeters. I can say with confidence that it will not fit into any “civilian” backpack. Maybe the biggest one. Not to mention the fact that by some miracle it could be placed in some items of clothing. Personally, I like any change that makes the game more realistic, so I'm one of those who like this update.

You can't change just one thing and leave everything else, you don't fix the game, you MIX it up.
There are other ways to prevent a canister from being put in your pants, if that's the problem... but by reducing the slots you create many other problems.
You reason like this:
I have pain in my hand, it bothers me and so I "cut my hand".
WRONG.
The hand must be treated with specific drugs!
In any case, read better what I write in the forum, I can't repeat everything every time for every "stupid" comment I receive.
Here's an example:
https://forums.dayz.com/topic/263334-experimental-update-126-change-log/?tab=comments#comment-2498723

I welcome a lot and even love the inventory size reduction across clothes and backpacks. To point out, the T-Shirt was reduced in the first exp patch, but it should have been reduced to zero slots in my opinion, it's such a starter clothing that change in the first few minutes after spawning and doesn't have any pockets or much identity to justify even the fewest of slots.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

@Riddick_2K I think it will be difficult for me to convey my vision of the situation, since English is not my native language. I think that the developers cannot calibrate the size of items and inventory capacity at one time, so they will do it gradually or something like that.

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

25 minutes ago, Kuzyn. said:

This game is/was too easy with huge backpacks and people carrying 5 weapons on them all the time. Dont even try to defend that 🤣

This comment of yours clearly shows that you do not play DayZ (surviving a pandemic), but CoD (I arm myself and go kill other survivors).
And it also shows how little good you are at this game (it creates problems for you if the opponents have many weapons) and also unsportsmanlike (you look for the system to take away the weapons from others).

Great example of a "DayZ player"  🙁

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

10 minutes ago, Riddick_2K said:

Don't always think in "Black and White". I'm ONLY talking about the slots in backpacks and clothes. NOT all servers have "Traders" (which in my opinion are the exact opposite of the "DayZ philosophy": looking for what you need to survive) In mine I have NEVER put it and I would never do it. Infinite stamina is another "FPS Arcade" bullshit... and NOT all modded servers have it. Maybe I understood the "problem". In this server, that is, there are mainly "CoD" players who would also like to "CoDize" DayZ. Only a player who is NOT looking for "survival", who is NOT trying to survive alone in remote places carrying everything he needs for this... and who only enjoys looking for wretches to kill and wants them "unarmed and helpless" can want the slots to be reduced (he doesn't need them and it creates problems for him if others use them).

This is not DayZ...

This is becoming more and more CoD.

😔

i never said ALL servers use traders and infinite stamina. where did that come from? i used your OWN words ("majority of modded servers"). why do u translate it to sth very different and then tell ME not to think in black and white? 😕

just have a look at battlemetrics and what the most popular servers look like. so my point was quite valid. just because sth is popular, doesnt mean it would be a good thing for the vanilla game. u said so for yourself (CoD reference).

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

30 minutes ago, Riddick_2K said:

Are you kidding me?

😵  🤔  😕

You are kidding yourself.
You can call it "gathering of weirdos" if you want but the argument of the majority of the community servers and players won't stand up to authenticity. This argument won't stick with the official description of DayZ which is authentic and unforgiving.
Actually, many of the community servers go for boosted loot, boosted and infinite stamina, traders, etc. 
How can you opt for such an argument of "the majority" and take them as an example instead of revaluing the true identity and the roots of DayZ?

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

Posted (edited)
13 minutes ago, Riddick_2K said:

This comment of yours clearly shows that you do not play DayZ (surviving a pandemic), but CoD (I arm myself and go kill other survivors).
And it also shows how little good you are at this game (it creates problems for you if the opponents have many weapons) and also unsportsmanlike (you look for the system to take away the weapons from others).

Great example of a "DayZ player"  🙁

I am fascinated by your conclusion. Out of all of the people here on the forums I would have never guessed you would oppose the inventory changes.

Back in the day, DayZ used to have even less inventory slots.

Edited by DefectiveWater
  • Like 2

Thank you for REDUCING BACKPACKS SIZE! This is truly one of the best decisions ever (not a sarcarsm). Go on Youtube, turn on random XBOX Dayz video, 99% chance the guy would have 4 main Guns, 2 spare and 3-4 pistols - this is insane, Dayz is not a gun trader simulator

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

24 minutes ago, etwas said:

i never said ALL servers use traders and infinite stamina. where did that come from? i used your OWN words ("majority of modded servers"). why do u translate it to sth very different and then tell ME not to think in black and white? 😕

just have a look at battlemetrics and what the most popular servers look like. so my point was quite valid. just because sth is popular, doesnt mean it would be a good thing for the vanilla game. u said so for yourself (CoD reference).

You are good at mixing words, unfortunately I don't know English and I have to use Google translations... I am not able to answer and, at the same time, be sure that what I write is also "well understood"...
In any case, there are also servers with monsters and hordes of skeletons... which obviously have NOTHING to do with DayZ... and there are a lot of them. And the vast majority of modded servers also have the "Trader"... which for me is "the Anti-DayZ".
But when I point to the Moon, don't look at the finger.
If a lot of servers use the mod that "increases" the slots, (PvP, PvE, Monsters, and various bullshit... ALL genres) and there is NO mod that reduces them... maybe there is a reason. Maybe that really A LOT of players (of all genres, PvP, PvE, monster hunting, skeleton hunting, pure survival, etc...) feel the need to have more slots than the "standard DayZ".
And since there is NOT a mod that reduces them... maybe... there are NOT enough players who think that the "standard DayZ" slots are "too many".
Is it clearer this way?
I don't know why there is a "rare gathering" in this forum.
Look around, watch YT, think about it... The only ones who appreciate and defend these modicica are you 4 in this forum.

🙄

26 minutes ago, Presence- said:

You are kidding yourself.
You can call it "gathering of weirdos" if you want but the argument of the majority of the community servers and players won't stand up to authenticity. This argument won't stick with the official description of DayZ which is authentic and unforgiving.
Actually, many of the community servers go for boosted loot, boosted and infinite stamina, traders, etc. 
How can you opt for such an argument of "the majority" and take them as an example instead of revaluing the true identity and the roots of DayZ?

Read also what i wrote to "etwas"