steam-76561198177891726

Lots of fake servers in the community servers. Do something about it.

Posted (edited)

Now a lot of fake community servers, when you go to 1 connects to another, there are hundreds of them please intervene in this, as it is impossible to find servers with real online.
Everywhere the same mod “Sky fall”
They're always full. 

https://imgur.com/a/sRlz1Hh

https://imgur.com/a/JJrFAmx

Edited by steam-76561198177891726
supplemented

I would like to think that whatever budget there may be which would be spent on your request for community server "policing" would best be spent on updating and improving dayz tools, making tools actually work like programmed tools rather than spaghetti noodles of maybe work maybe no work...

I am curious what you would expect the developers to do about controlling these server owners, better yet, how would you fix this problem you see? 

• Sad 1

2 hours ago, DeGrincH said:

I would like to think that whatever budget there may be which would be spent on your request for community server "policing" would best be spent on updating and improving dayz tools, making tools actually work like programmed tools rather than spaghetti noodles of maybe work maybe no work...

I am curious what you would expect the developers to do about controlling these server owners, better yet, how would you fix this problem you see? 

Maybe you shall stop seeing smal picture and you shall look bit wider?

In that case shall be 2 issues:

1. Steam side: when server starts it reported information to the Steam Master Server.

2. When server starts it's also report data to BI master server that will parce data from server and will added new server to the BI server's list that will be shared for the Game Launcher. (Yeah that's not expected but DZLauncher is requesting data from BI servers such as Information (online, installed mods (Mod Published ID aka Workshop ID, Name) and A2S_Info (aka Steam Server Information Protocol)).

So in first case BI can do nothing, coz Steam A2S Protocol is constant and if ruin A2S_Info - server list will fall down (is it useful? -for me it's not).

In second case BI can filter and trying to implement some kind of encrypted protocol for reporting to the BI Server with private key (witch is bad, coz executable can be de-compiled and secrect can be stolen) or with negotiable key system but Wireshark will help to catch packages and analysis them.

So in both states required more secured communication between game server and master server. And as you can understand in both states it's hard to became the winned without damage for community servers...

Idk will that msg blocked coz contains many words and some explanations that I guess should not he public, but nevertheless...