TylerDurden (DayZ)

When is 1.7.2 coming out?

On the stream with PC Gamer Rocket said it had almost been ready for release for a while and they have a preview version at the game thing they're all at.

But when is 1.7.2 gonna be released? so people who cant play the game might actually be able to.

Before Half Life 3. I can guarantee that.

My guess is no less than 3 days and no more than a week after rezzed. Testing 1.7.2 outside of the dev team is surely going to drum up some bugs that Rocket and co. didn't previously notice (bugs that we would have encountered if he released to the general public today). These hypothetical bugs be minor annoyances or total game breakers, and I'm leaning towards the latter because of the "performance and security" focus of this latest patch. Either way, I feel rocket and the dev team are going to do their best to polish this latest build before it gets out to us so we don't have a repeat of the 1.7.1 hotfix fiasco.

will our gear be rest in 1.7.2? I hope so

If the patch is being tested this much does this mean it is the 1st beta ??? :)

Probably not. 1.7.2 is a bug fix of 1.7 Earliest beta would be version 1.8

Kinda sucks they didnt release a bug fix just so they could showcase some DayZ at Rezzed to promote Arma 3.

will our gear be rest in 1.7.2? I hope so

Honestly I would be ok with a reset after each major patch. My group is all sitting on NVG, GPS, rangeflnders, top tier weapons, tents on 4 servers, vehicles on 2 servers. All within map boundaries which is why its down from like 8 vehicles. A reset will allow us all to get a clean "mad rush", it would be fun, I guess when you know there is no thrill of gear on the horizon because you took it all from bandits/survivors.

Something else that might be interesting, make vehicles refuel at pumps, or at least be by the fuel drums you fill your jerry cans at. That would make for a lot more potential 'contact'. And this is where the rush comes in, the fear of losing what you have, the excitement and anticipation of stalking others.

Click Respawn if you want a restart so badly. Why does rocket have to do it for you? That's kind of the height of laziness, don't you think? It's one button away. Nothing is stopping you. Do it right now.

No i dont want a reset yet I meant it in a way so that all players new and old start at the same level if you know what I mean

Click Respawn if you want a restart so badly. Why does rocket have to do it for you? That's kind of the height of laziness' date=' don't you think? It's one button away. Nothing is stopping you. Do it right now.

[/quote']

I don't dream about restarting, or want to make out with it. It would be an interesting experience though, at least once. 'Extreme laziness' perception is hilarious. Laziness would be not wanting a reset me thinks. What are you hoarding that it matters so much, you got an Escalade bro? You tingled. Noahs ark? Not many animals, you could probably pull it off with 2 tents if you get some extra NVGs.

I spoke to Rocket & Matt at Rezzed today and yesterday (I also played 1.7.2) and they said they would add it Monday or Tuesday when theyare home.

What are you hoarding that it matters so much' date=' you got an Escalade bro? You tingled. Noahs ark? Not many animals, you could probably pull it off with 2 tents if you get some extra NVGs.

[/quote']

Oh, so it's about me now, is it? I thought it was about you? I thought YOU wanted a reset because YOU were bored because YOU had too much gear?

Now suddenly it's about me?

If you want a restart, click Respawn. It's as simple as that.

What are you hoarding that it matters so much' date=' you got an Escalade bro? You tingled. Noahs ark? Not many animals, you could probably pull it off with 2 tents if you get some extra NVGs.

[/quote']

Oh, so it's about me now, is it? I thought it was about you? I thought YOU wanted a reset because YOU were bored because YOU had too much gear?

LOL

Click Respawn if you want a restart so badly. Why does rocket have to do it for you? That's kind of the height of laziness' date=' don't you think? It's one button away. Nothing is stopping you. Do it right now.

[/quote']

It's entirely likely that he wants to see a reset because of all the duping that's been happening with 1.7.1. Frankly, I'm all for it. Sure I'd lose my first Ghillie Suit that I just found yesterday, but I'm gonna lose it eventually anyway.

I'd rather a reset wait until I'm done my sniper montage at least.

I mean some of us have ongoing projects that would get disrupted. I know it's an alpha and the general sentiment that your character can be cut short at any time by issues beyond anyone's control, but this is not one of those issues.

Plus I wish there wasn't such a huge "take my ball and go home" mindset on here.

[/quote']

Sounds like someone is going to be mad if there is a gear reset. Personally I hope there is, it would also help bug testing, more weapons being used, more looting etc, it wouldn't make sense not to reset, its alpha we should be testing throughout the game not just pvp at nwa or cherno

A reset isn't a bad idea. Would at least purge all the server hoppers of their ill-gotten gear and since it is Alpha people should expect to lose everything anyway.