CowboysAngel

Frustrating game!!

I have never played a game that had so many bugs and hiccups!!! And it has been built so difficult, between the actual game play and all the ways you can easily die (which means losing your character completely and starting over) to other players killing you for your loot, with no way to block that feature.. it's gotten to the point where it's not even fun to play... it just pisses me off, most of the time and now I am getting the "Connection Failed" error saying that I am logged into another server, which I'm NOT and cannot get back in to play (AGAIN!!!!!). I don't remember which server I was on so I can't go back to it and attempt another log out. I have literally shut my entire system down for over two hours and it is STILL giving me the same error. WTH!!???? This game is a nightmare... and not the fun kind!😡

• Beans 1

You haven't play Bethesda's games, right? Bohemia is learning from them :). Also - how is that you don't remember what you've clicked? Its dangerous thing to do in internet. Backtrack your logs or see if your manager has something like "last played" or a list of known addresses.

Hey!! Thanka for your input! 😊I try to keep track of which server I click, however I am not playing to build any bases or anything, yet. I am just playing to build my character and have fun exploring and looting and getting acquainted with the game. I also tend to use servers in which there aren't many players already playing because I have run into so many *ssholes, that I end up just getting pissed and not playing for awhile. I do play Bethesda games (Fallout Series, The Elder Scrolls Series) and have never encountered this kind of frustration. At least in Fallout 76 you can keep other players from killing you and stealing your loot. But this glitch is one of most frustrating things. As you know, your character stays in the game for 15 seconds while you leave.... so why does this keep happening?

Play on community PVE servers. Use dzsalauncher and filter pve name. The game have many bugs its known, but you need to learn how to survive in this game, for new players isnt easy at all

• Like 2

Build your character? Like statistics? These ain't worth much. In fact almost nothing in this game is worth anything except for one thing - relations. Because these things won't disappear with a wipe. Try to build these. It's a hard thing to do when most people kill on sight but what are local servers for? Find some places founded by your locals and aimed at people in your country so language won't be a problem for majority.

I've mentioned Beths titles because whenever they publish something its a journey through bumpy road. "76" was a mess in a first few years - to the point people boycotted it. Its also a small turning point for that studio; the game had such a bad fame around that time it started to destabilize their income and of course plunge their image into mud even deeper then it already was. You just can't publish titles with cutted corners to this degree - even hardcore fans would notice that something is getting out of hand. But lets get back to the main topic...

Maybe it has something to do with server stability Or your own internet connection. I would test that as well - like resetting it and getting new ip address. I have never ever encountered being stuck on any server like that. But it doesn't mean its not happening for others - the game is constantly "enriched" with new flaws & features. Bohemia likes to do one step forth and two steps back tactic during their updates. Game is pretty stable now - especially considering how it was like 8 years before but its not perfect in any way. You'll get used to these things eventually, unfortunately :).

ps. 15 sec. screen is nothing. There are private servers with different timers - so people could not scan vicinity when assets are loading or to make escaping from combat harder.

• Confused 1

Yes, I do remember how 76 used to be!😁

When I talk about building my character I mean things like fiinding warm clothing, food, water, weapons, etc. 😊

The "signed into another server" issue is definitely common. I have found other forums in which folks are talking about it. I have begun writing down which server I am logging into and that seems to help when I need to log back into the one I was on, in order to get around the glitch. 😊

Hey, that sounds super frustrating! Bugs and connection issues can really take the fun out of it. Have you tried reaching out to the support team? Sometimes they can help sort out the login problems. Also, do you think adjusting some gameplay features, like blocking loot theft, would improve the experience for you?

You can play on a server where it is not possible to get killed by other players, its called PVE server.

You have to learn to love DayZ, warts and all.

But it can be a super frustrating game when you're starting off no doubt and understanding the game can be tough. However, when you learn the ropes, there really is no other game like it. Despite its many flaws, it has turned into the longest game I've ever played and the best.

• Beans 3

And as addition to @Tonyeh you'll learn to get the best ability - love and at the same time hate that game at the same time. To be honest that game will not left you in simple state like you only prefer or only hate the game.

Not sure what bugs you are referring to as I never encounter these, but like others have said. Join a PVE server if PVP is not your thing. In the steam DayZ launcher, go to community and use keyword "PVE" or "Mostly Vanilla PVE"