Sign in to follow this  
ChicagoFaucet

Does anyone know of a mod that uses alternate ways to open a key card door?

I kinda don't like key cards and key card doors.  But, I think it would really excite the players on my server to have them.  But, I cannot suspend disbelief in knowing that there would be no electricity in an apocalypse to power the key card door.

I think a way to satisfy both camps is to have alternate ways to open key card doors.  Like, use the electrical repair kit.  Or a generator.  Metal wire.  Truck and car battery.  Something like that.  Does anyone know of an existing mod that does that?

There is one that forces player into attaching battery (via metal wire) to the fuel distributor to give it enough jolt to actually work. There was also a lot of talking over the years about powering up codelocks with something different than "magic". I'm pretty sure there is a mod that does that as well. Haven't seen it in action though. Just heard the rumors.

17 hours ago, nemorus said:

There is one that forces player into attaching battery (via metal wire) to the fuel distributor to give it enough jolt to actually work. There was also a lot of talking over the years about powering up codelocks with something different than "magic". I'm pretty sure there is a mod that does that as well. Haven't seen it in action though. Just heard the rumors.

What if you just write the mod that overrides action instead of using Punched Card you shall hit/kick he lock and it's opened 😄 as the way for solving 🙂

If your ok with kicking or punching it to open it then you would probably be fine with using a lever instead of the punchcard a.k.a the same lever you use to exit them.

you could even hide it relatively near by to hide it if needed