green_machine

Robbing people.

Here is something that players with mics might enjoy.

If you have a mic, you have a chance to benefit from a PvP encounter without killing.

From what I have read, people can get the drop on players and pin them down, simply by using the mic and warning the player that if they move, they will be shot.

If you have the time and space, you can seriously benefit from this without having to second guess your decision for hours to come.

Approach the player, tell him/her: "move and you are dead, you're in my sights and I can kill you."

(He might turn around, kill if he/she does. If not...)

Tell him/her: "go to your inventory, drop your weapons on the floor and step away"

(investigate to check if he/she has complied)

Tell him/her: "Drop your backpack and run" --OR-- "Drop your backpack and step away" (If they seem to be taking some time, they could be putting useless item in there, kill them if they do not comply immediately)

(Be weary, ask to drop the axe too and keep and eye on them, they have to reload the axe 1st but if you tell them to step away further, you'll have enough time to react if they try to Axe you on the sly).

Also, if they have not dropped a secondary item, warn them that you'll kill if they don't and shoot their leg/arm (something survivable, allow them to bandage).

Take what you need, make you sure you are clear to escape by using smoke grenade or walking back slowly.

Job-done, You both survived a little bit longer.... (It is risky, if something does not feel right, take the shot)

(Rough idea, opinions welcomed.)

I've done this before, they turn around every time and somehow manage to get a shot off before they drop dead, so I'm left 3000+ blood gone and my entire clip wasted. Easier said than done.

I've done this before' date=' they turn around every time and somehow manage to get a shot off before they drop dead, so I'm left 3000+ blood gone and my entire clip wasted. Easier said than done.

[/quote']

If you're gonna say: "I have my sights on you"... you'd better darn well mean it! :)

I was thinking of different ways to get a ghillie suit, one would be this:

Find someone with a ghillie suit, follow him with friends, then stop him and make him drop his guns and walk away from them, then give him civilian clothing from your inventory and make him wear it. He drops his ghillie suit and one of you takes it.

In my point of view this is much better than "shoot on sight".

But for the mass of PvP-loving players the loot isn´t always the most desired benefit. There are some peeps who just have fun to sniper people in Elektro and Cherno for the thrill of killing.

If i meet a robber i would prefer he take my stuff but let me life my live. I also think this kinda way is much more roleplay a-like. Who in "reality" would shoot anyone to survive in a Zombcopalypse.

but firstly the DC problem must be fixed.

Ha! Indeed. I wouldn't let that ruin the possibly tho.

There are some peeps who just have fun to sniper people in Elektro and Cherno for the thrill of killing.

Most definitely not City/Town situation friendly. Time and Space is what you need.

If I was getting robbed, I would try to turn it around on the robber. I would say something like "no you listen to me asshole. I just respawned and I was making my way to my buddy. Luckily he is close and saw you coming up on me. He has his [insert sniper name] pointed right at your head. Now, I'm gonna face you and ask you to drop your guns and supplies. If you shoot or try to run, my buddy will splatter your brains all over the ground." If he falls for it, I win! If not.... fuck.

If I was getting robbed' date=' I would try to turn it around on the robber. I would say something like "no you listen to me asshole. I just respawned and I was making my way to my buddy. Luckily he is close and saw you coming up on me. He has his [insert sniper name'] pointed right at your head. Now, I'm gonna face you and ask you to drop your guns and supplies. If you shoot or try to run, my buddy will splatter your brains all over the ground." If he falls for it, I win! If not.... fuck.

Thank you for the intel.

If I was getting robbed' date=' I would try to turn it around on the robber. I would say something like "no you listen to me asshole. I just respawned and I was making my way to my buddy. Luckily he is close and saw you coming up on me. He has his [insert sniper name'] pointed right at your head. Now, I'm gonna face you and ask you to drop your guns and supplies. If you shoot or try to run, my buddy will splatter your brains all over the ground." If he falls for it, I win! If not.... fuck.

Thank you for the intel.

Obviously it won't work if you're being robbed by a big group but if its one or two people, you could give it a shot. It certainly requires a lot of balls though. You will most certainly be killed if they don't fall for it.

I actually stumbled upon a robbery happening at the balota airstrip.

I seen 3 guys at the hanger and I had a revolver, so i was cautious and approached.

There was a guy with an AKM pointed at an unarmed guy who was more centre from my view point, and another guy with a lee-enfield pointed at the same guy.

I heard someone say over comms "Give us all of your loot" to which the guy replied in chat "I only have 1 beans".

I had seen enough, gunned them all down on the spot. Seriously who doesnt watch their flanks when they are trying to kill/rob a player?

I'm not sure if this was a "setup" robbery for youtube or something, but i do know it felt great to kill the robbers and end the victims misery. More loot for me!

Doesn't make sense to me. If i get robbed all my gear, what's the difference to a respawn ?

I'd always try to run away and escape.

Doesn't make sense to me. If i get robbed all my gear, what's the difference to a respawn ?

Doesn't make sense to me. If i get robbed all my gear' date=' what's the difference to a respawn ?

[/quote']

+1

I've done this twice.

Once was with an ak with no ammo and the second i had to shoot them in the leg to get them to drop there FN FAL.

You will have to watch for anti-robbers sending out a decoy with snipers watching.

Robbing definitely needs to play a bigger part. It's pretty much useless with the current rate of disconnecting though. I guess you'll have to rob honest people only.

Why are people so fking evil and selfish? What ever happened to common courtesy?

It is to your advantage to stick together, give each other supplies, protect each other and if one gets shot quickly revive the other than it is to be greedy.

I've yet to find a single armed person who isn't hostile. I'm YELLING at them over voice chat to stop shooting and that i'm friendly as i RUN AWAY and they still are trying to shoot me? You'd think these people could identify a threat, a man running away not fighting back isn't your enemy. Paranoid retards.

Why are people so fking evil and selfish? What ever happened to common courtesy?

letting them live is the common courtesy and at least it's one step in the right direction.

If you take their weapon, you'll still drop your own and they will take it once you leave. I'd imagine they'd still have their axe in most cases.

They'll still have their equipment I imagine (maps, compass, watch, matches etc etc) so it's not as if you'd be better off respawning after being robbed.

It just depends how much the victim values their life and progress. If they want to spin round, pop off a few round and get shot then that's their own fault...

(Ha! That robbery video was good. I Think I'll have to remember to tell the player to drop their inventory items too because he got away with that really, the robbers could have got more)

im guessing that you got killed recently and now your mad about it.

we shot 3 people at the NE airfield with snipers, and they most likely thought it would be safe there...

and we are not bandits, we were there looking for vehicle parts...

they were running around with flares, not hard to miss when wearing NVG's.

i would try doing this tactic if it was 1 guy, and i had my teammates behind me to back me up, but it takes the risk out (Of them shooting back, and D/C), and you are going to get the loot if you just shoot on sight.

EDIT ~~

lol forgot to add this in before...

we shot them because they all assault rifles, and were hostile.

we would have let them run along, but they shot another player hiding in the air control tower.

i would try doing this tactic if it was 1 guy' date=' and i had my teammates behind me to back me up, but it takes the risk out (Of them shooting back, and D/C), and you are going to get the loot if you just shoot on sight.

[/quote']

Who doesn't get killed recently?

Who wouldn't be mad about it?

I see nothing of interest in that statement. This discussion has nothing to do with me losing a few a good characters and I'm fully aware of this mods relationship with death. If I die, it's my fault and no amount of forum discussion can change that with my deaths to come so here we are just talking about robbery or robbery tactics.

If I didn't get mad about dying, then what's the point in playing? Why try to survive if dying means nothing?

Like I said in the OP, you still have a CHANCE to benefit from a PvP WITHOUT KILLING. It all depends on a players moral code.

Even if you are a friendly survivor, it doesn't mean you should be friends with everyone you see or hide in bushes every time you see a player.

Even if they DC, nobody died.

If they get robbed, nobody died.

If you're saying it's too risky then perhaps you should assess your awareness. Don't get too close, use cover by tilting your body and keeping the sights on the players whilst being able to let go of Q/E and be safe enough if shots are fired.

If they DC, they don't deserve the privilege of playing IMO, hopefully that element will be fixed soon but until then, we should still try to enjoy this game and not let the few ruin it for the many (Or in some cases, the many ruining it for the few! :rolleyes: ).

I've done this before' date=' they turn around every time and somehow manage to get a shot off before they drop dead, so I'm left 3000+ blood gone and my entire clip wasted. Easier said than done.

[/quote']

If you're gonna say: "I have my sights on you"... you'd better darn well mean it! :)

I start spraying as soon as they turn around, yet lag lets them get a shot at me. :/

i would try doing this tactic if it was 1 guy' date=' and i had my teammates behind me to back me up, but it takes the risk out (Of them shooting back, and D/C), and you are going to get the loot if you just shoot on sight.

[/quote']

Who doesn't get killed recently?

Who wouldn't be mad about it?

I see nothing of interest in that statement. This discussion has nothing to do with me losing a few a good characters and I'm fully aware of this mods relationship with death. If I die, it's my fault and no amount of forum discussion can change that with my deaths to come so here we are just talking about robbery or robbery tactics.

If I didn't get mad about dying, then what's the point in playing? Why try to survive if dying means nothing?

Like I said in the OP, you still have a CHANCE to benefit from a PvP WITHOUT KILLING. It all depends on a players moral code.

Even if you are a friendly survivor, it doesn't mean you should be friends with everyone you see or hide in bushes every time you see a player.

Even if they DC, nobody died.

If they get robbed, nobody died.

If you're saying it's too risky then perhaps you should assess your awareness. Don't get too close, use cover by tilting your body and keeping the sights on the players whilst being able to let go of Q/E and be safe enough if shots are fired.

If they DC, they don't deserve the privilege of playing IMO, hopefully that element will be fixed soon but until then, we should still try to enjoy this game and not let the few ruin it for the many (Or in some cases, the many ruining it for the few! :rolleyes: ).

Yeah if they can fix the D/C issue, i would feel more compelled to hold someone up for a nice weapon. But right now they can say "Ok dropping my stuff" then just hit abort.

On the off chances that i find another person on a server with a population of 8/40, im not going to take any chances.

The nicest way i've avoided combat was shoot a guy in the legs, explain im not going to kill him, and place a bandage, and morphine in his pack and run.

even then he was trying to hunt me down afterwards, but thank god he was a horrible shot.