Sign in to follow this  
Feelsgoodbro

Ghosting?

So i was just playing tryin to raid stary and there were a couple of guys that i didnt know there as well. So i shot and killed two, i believe there was one left. I took up a defensive position hoping to wait him out when all of the sudden i got banned for ghosting? Can someone explain this?

Ok so apparently this is a clan run sever US78 run by nwo. While im not in the clan, i still enjoy playing on the server(kinda like being the underdog). My only explanation is that someone got upset that i killed them and put in a word to ban me.

you ether were server hopping to change positions or the people you killed were butt hurt admins and banned you.

Log files need to me more accessible.

ghosting... banning for this you are on shakey ground at the best of times.

reason for this?

there are multiple reasons someone may log in on top of you and attack you.

1. person logged off and just happened to log in on your face

2. person saw you comming logged off and logged back in once you were closer to kill you

3. person had a spotter watching you and told them when to log in.

4. person logged off in another server and logged on in your one and just happened to log in on top of you.

the problem with the above is... well lets face it. some are simply random chance.

an admin is probably going to assume you ghosted if you land on him while logging in and kill him. simple as that. its an admins job to enforce rules so they will assume your breaking them if it happens to them.

in this case. your best bet is to appeal directly to said admin and ask for them to review the logs. chances are if the admin cannot find proof they will unban you.

if they do not pony up logs though... they need to unban you because that there is just bad adminnery.

easy ways to spot ghosting would be to use logs to check logging times.

if a player has not logged into your server before and lands on you and kills you? yeah. you cant ban em.

if a player logged off 10-15 minutes ago. chances are they either toilet breaked or saw you comming, you can probably ban.

if a player logged off some time ago and just logged in on top of you. chances are its random chance you cant ban em.

someone really needs to post an accurate guideline for banning for hopping/ghosting.

No to mention when sniping, it's generally advised to change positions, when you've revealed your position.