Sign in to follow this  
"Lost" Alice

No Female Cough?

Lying in the cold night outside of Cherno for my friend Odin, who got taken down by a combination of asshole server hopper/ unlucky zombie spawns. I was watching over his body and waiting for him to hoof it back. We were chatting in teamspeak when I suddenly heard it, a distinct male cough, and it sounded very close by.

I spend the next 7 minutes completely flipping out and frantically looking around for a male character in my vicinity who, in my mind, no doubt already had a sniper aimed for my head. This is the third most terrified I have ever been in this game.

until I realized how low my temperature was, and then I suddenly wondered if the coughing was in fact, me. But perhaps there is no voice clip for a female cough yet, so I mistook it for another player. Can anybody confirm or deny this?

Edited by Lost Alice

I have yet to hear coughing, by anyone.

I was sick at one point too with the 10k blood limit.

I have heard coughing, watch your blood. If it starts dropping you have an infection and need antibiotics. I play a female too but seem to recall one time I coughed like a man... that was a while ago though so I don't know for sure.

Seems like there are some bugs with the female character, like ghillie and camo suits not working right and other weird things I've heard about.

Wouldn't surprise me that the female model borrows the cough from the males. They weren't originally playable characters to begin with. I have yet to be sick, so I don't really know.

Yup I played a female char and swam to the island where the helicopter spawns and caught a cold, she had a very manly cough lol

Seems like there are some bugs with the female character, like ghillie and camo suits not working right and other weird things I've heard about.

Those aren't bugs... there are no other skins for females yet, so they're prevented from wearing those suits.

Well as you know, all zombies are male. So as the infection spreads, you slowly turn into a man. The first to go are the vocal chords

• Like 2

Does changing the voice pitch at the main menu have any effect?

Until they update the female cough, just pretend your throat is full of phlegm making your voice drop. Imagination, people.

Unless your character has balls there is no need for them to be coughing. So yes, there is only a male cough.

None of them have genitalia. Thankfully there are no nude mods for Arma 2.

I think I got antibiotics if you need some :P But I think the the mod just took a female model from what was suppose to be a Non-player model and they just havent replaced any of the audio. Just my guess