Miss_Nuts

Wow, I freaked out because of freeview....

I was in Dubrovka, a little cropping of houses west of Berezino. It was pitch black, could see jack sh£t and heard zombies everywhere. I felt a bit stuck because I'd gone in there trying for all might to find a damn hatchet even though I knew I was in the wrong place but such is life.

I did something on my keyboard and all of a sudden, my viewpoint did a 360 spin and I was unable to move properly. WSAD had betrayed me!

Wow. I almost DC'd in terror when I realised I couldn't move and a zomble was heavy breathing like a hundred year old sex craved maniac down my neck :(

Instead, I decided to check out my controls to see where the f I'd gone wrong.

Newbies take note. If you ever become 'stuck' with your mouse moving your view 360 degrees and you're not moving an inch the way WSAD should be moving you, tap ALT twice. You've been stuck in freeview mode.

I hope my little story helps at least one person because it damn well helped me

I had that problem when I was running across the map, but press the (*) button solved it as well. :3

Am i the only one that actually uses free view when i'm walking around to check my surroundings?

Am i the only one that actually uses free view when i'm walking around to check my surroundings?

Free view is great; I'm pretty sure just about everyone who knows about it uses it!

You can also double-tap ALT to toggle it on instead of pressing NUM (*).

Now I do it all the time, it is awesome to keep the direction I have set before and still look around :D

Free view is great; I'm pretty sure just about everyone who knows about it uses it!

You can also double-tap ALT to toggle it on instead of pressing NUM (*).

Oh believe me, now I know about it, I'm using it :P Thing is, the controls for the mod (if you haven't played Arma II) aren't exactly handed to you on a silver platter so its been a bit of a crazy experiment especially for a console gamer like myself who's not used to using a keyboard for things other than, I dunno, typing sh£t lol

I use freeview constantly. knowing surrounding is a must.

I had a frightening experience with free view also. I accidentally activated it and my head spun all the way to the left. I saw what I thought was a zombie right on top of me! I actually physically jumped. Then I realized it was my shoulder.

Out of curiosity, how is free view more advantageous than strafe running and using the mouse to check your peripheral? I seem to be able to do the same thing as free view by doing what I just mentioned.

I hold alt rather than double tapping it, that way it can easily go back to the default view of behind the character.

I have lost count at the amount of times where I pressed some key combination on the keyboard for it to mess up, either a shortcut that I did not know at the time or more recently when the game bugs. The one which I keep getting recently is when the equipped weapon doesn't work after climbing up/down ladders, I have to change to a different weapon to fix it.

I hold alt rather than double tapping it' date=' that way it can easily go back to the default view of behind the character.

I have lost count at the amount of times where I pressed some key combination on the keyboard for it to mess up, either a shortcut that I did not know at the time or more recently when the game bugs. The one which I keep getting recently is when the equipped weapon doesn't work after climbing up/down ladders, I have to change to a different weapon to fix it.

[/quote']

That happened to e frequently. It's the same as if you'd hit CTRL twice, it puts your gun down. Yo fix it just left click and your gun will raise again. Alternately you just fo what you're doing and switch between weapons.

Took me ages to figure out that one, but crouch moving with your weapon down can create less noise so it's not so bad.

Peace

I always disable the double-tap toggle feature. It's more annoying and of absolutely no use to me unless I am driving or flying. Otherwise I just like to hold it-and not have it locking up on me.

I had a frightening experience with free view also. I accidentally activated it and my head spun all the way to the left. I saw what I thought was a zombie right on top of me! I actually physically jumped. Then I realized it was my shoulder.

Out of curiosity' date=' how is free view more advantageous than strafe running and using the mouse to check your peripheral? I seem to be able to do the same thing as free view by doing what I just mentioned.

[/quote']:) my backpack scared me sometime

i even scared the shit out myself when looking behind me and after a while i thought i had my weapon lowered. hit m1 one time to raise it and jumped because of the shot i gave.

i nearly have 200 hours in arma and dayz but i just cant stop to look like a newb every now and then :)