Sign in to follow this  
griffinz

A plea for more servers!

Hey Survivors!

It looks like the community just keeps growing. As I look right now, every server is full.

If you enjoy this mod a lot and would like to help make room for newcomers, please consider hosting your own DayZ server!

Admittedly, DayZ servers are comparatively high in cost to other games, so if you have a bit of spare cash lying around, just have a think about it...

You would be a hero to us all ;)

God YES.

I spend more time trying to get on a server than I do actually playing.

I don't have a lot of money (unemployed at the moment) but would chip in or help get a tip jar going or whatever if someone wants to pop open one or more on the US west coast? Seattle or LA or something?

More servers would definitely help. Though I wonder if in the end a huge increase in the global amount of servers will crush HIVE like an overripe melon.

Implementing "Realms" might solve that one.

According to Profan, EU might get another server if the box can handle the load.

How about one big server with everyone on it? I'm gonna guess it's not possible. Would be cool though.

There are over 5000 unique players registered for this mod now, almost a thousand in the last few days... Chernarus is big but it isn't THAT big!

1506 that downloaded the most recent dayz_code.rar as of when I checked last. While that many people I imagine could be active all over Chernarus and things still feel not too crowded I think whatever server attempting to handle all those players would melt.

All Australian servers have now been taken down.

One server was generating 168gb of bandwidth a day, so they have been taken down.

If anyone knows anyone who has a server where bandwidth isn't an issue, let them know.

Until DayZ doesnt require as much bandwidth, looks like Aust/NZ won't be having a server for a while.

I knew this would come up. Probably would be helpful to know what kind of strain existing installations have on network and hardware.

How' date=' exactly, can we make our own servers?

[/quote']

I saw someone posting that a server they were hosting for.. what, 40 players, was peaking at 6Mbps which is fairly strong for an upload pipe. On top of that, a quad core is recommended too, though I'd love to see utilization details for that.

How' date=' exactly, can we make our own servers?

[/quote']

You have to contact the devs, I believe the email is; dayzmod@gmail.com ?

However you are required to have Windows server 2008, and all remote desktop functionality needs to be given to DayZ devs. They are not supporting clans own servers, private servers, linux servers or home pc based servers at this stage.

RIP Aus/NZ DayZ :(

Yeah man. Sucks. AAF is looking into maybe hosting one, we'll see how we go. Hopefully Dean can fix the massive bandwidth issues.

Australia and Zealand need at least one server. 160GB? A day? Thats insane - fix please. :-)

NOOOOO not the AUS/NZ servers, if someone was to get another one up and running, im sure you would be treated like a king :P

:'(

I'd happily pay $10 a month to play this on commercial servers

I think NY servers are on a commercial host......... that's why testing is now on NY1

How much would a commercial server cost a month?

Could the Dayz devs set up an official pay pal donate button on the front page? Then people could put in however much they can afford to go towards hosting.

I currently host the four NYC servers through my company Host Altitude. We can get highly discounted prices on dedicated servers but they still do cost a fair amount.

I'm more than willing to set up some sort of donation system but it depends on what you guys think. We have 3 locations in the US available and I could possibly look into Australia/NZ although the BW costs are very high. Our 4 NYC servers are predicted to use about 6TB/month in total.

The specs we use can host around 200-300 slots in total but I'm not sure exactly on the resource usage as the DayZ Dev Team are in main control of the server.

I would only ask for 50% of the server cost and we will pay the rest as our own donation.

If you link me a website with good servers for DayZ in EU, i can pay one. But i won't do the research, not enough knowledge.