allseeing

We need Objectives....

The game is grate but it gets a little boring after you get every thing you need+more. The only thing to do is kill zombies,bandits and help the occasional player. It seems like the game is more about looting then it is survival. I do not mind dieng because it gives me something new to do. I do not know what the objectives would be but i am sure people have some idea's. It would be cool to see some objectives that took multiple players to accomplish so that more people would play together.

It would be nice to get rewarded with items with in the objective or once completing the objective.

Its like skinner pigeon experiments

The game kind of all ready uses these tactics to keep people sucked in by spreading out loot, but not randomly. I know that if I go into a firehouse I am more likely to find a military grade weapon then in a shed.

@lockpwnage a bit more consructive critism would be better than just denying

@allseeing i dont think this would fit in DayZs Sandbox setting we need to wait for gameplay developments like liberation, settling .etc i agree with the looting is to main focusd and to easy so the non player emitted danger should be buffed so u have the feeling that u have something accomplisht by surviving another day and not only cause no one shoot u in the head

What we could have is a sort of easter egg hunt of clues via finding notes and graffitti, and things of the like to follow a survivors story and the rare loot at the end of the rainbow

Definitely needs more adding to the game. It's not about survival, it's about looting, as you said. Which is unfortunate.

No. Just no.

Its not like you would be forced to play the objectives, Arma is a open game. It would be something else to do.

No. Just no.

Its not like you would be forced to play the objectives' date=' Arma is a open game. It would be something else to do.

[/quote']

It doesn't fit in, with what Day Z is.

every sandox game i can think of still has some sort of missions/quests. I'm sure there are some without them but if you think of the great ones they all have missions/quests because they add purpose wether you do them or not is up to you. GTA is a great exapmle, i know people who have never beat any but just run around and kill people and steal cars, but the people that tend to put the most time in are the people who beat the game, because they fuck around and do the quests, same with the elder scrolls series, If all there was to do was just run around and find gear it would get boring fast, at least they have levels so your characters can all be different. I think some sort of objective is a a great idea, you dont need to do them if you dont want, but if you do it will add a bit variety to the game and help promote co-op if the missions are difficult.

I feel like there should be skill progression like like ultima online type but a noob can still beat a pro.

I feel like there should be skill progression like like ultima online type but a noob can still beat a pro.

to be clear i wasnt saying dayz should have a skill system, im completely against it for this game, i was just pointing out how good sandox games have other aspects in them to increase the longtime playability, and i think dayz could benefit from some sort of missions

You need objectives, I want difficulty.

This game doesn't need objectives as much as it needs more things to do that require multiple people.

Make the military loot surrounded by huge hordes of zombies that need to be cleared.

Give people the ability to wall off areas from the zombies.

Give people the ability to get a combination safe that they can load directly into a vehicle big enough to take it. Let it replace tents as protected storage from anyone without the means to drive off with it or break in.

This game should have something to do that actually requires military grade gear.

I agree as well, though I am not sure how that would work. Although, I do have one idea for an objective. Hear me out.

My idea would be to create 5-6 pieces for a short-wave radio (batteries, antenna, speaker, etc..) and have them scattered across the map in different varied locations. The objective would be for the survivors to go out and collect all the pieces for the radio, each super difficult to find, and own them all in one place. Once a player(s) has all of the pieces they then would construct the radio, call in a military helicopter (preferably a Chinook) and be evacuated to the aircraft carrier offshore (Im not sure if the carrier is a natural feature in Chernarus). Mission accomplished. You "survived".

I know its a rough idea, but its an idea nonetheless. Other than that, I would love to see some sort of objective that encourages teamwork rather than the survivalist/lone wolf tactic most players seem to use. Not that there's anything wrong with that either. :D

Idk if u all have ever played the wasteland mod but the way it sets up objectives is very well done. it pretty much randomly spawns tasks which u are free to not do but it is rewarding if u accomplish them. for example finding a crashed c130 with U.S. solders guarding it wich may have valuable weopons food or maybe even a vehicle. If they were to add "missions' or tasks i believe this would be a good way to do it

This game doesn't need objectives as much as it needs more things to do that require multiple people.

Make the military loot surrounded by huge hordes of zombies that need to be cleared.

Give people the ability to wall off areas from the zombies.

Give people the ability to get a combination safe that they can load directly into a vehicle big enough to take it. Let it replace tents as protected storage from anyone without the means to drive off with it or break in.

This game should have something to do that actually requires military grade gear.

this actually sounds like a very good idea

erm im not sure i get what your on about?

the game is an open ended story you make your own objectives find a few people you know and then go and do increasingly risky missions?

but you decide whats going on its your story!

if there was objectives it would be by definition not be your story

What we could have is a sort of easter egg hunt of clues via finding notes and graffitti' date=' and things of the like to follow a survivors story and the rare loot at the end of the rainbow

[/quote']

I like that idea, but not the loot... Just something that doesn't specifically give a backstory of how the infection began but just notes that give you an inkling to survivors that existed before you woke up on a beach.

With the overall topic, I'm usually against it but I am finding myself more and more bored... I think this should be implemented in a very careful way. I mean side objectives that don't specifically require anything to start but will most likely end in death even with top end equipment, these "objectives" wouldn't have a HUD or anything to notify you either, like Oblivion's secret quests... I don't have any specific examples I can give right now...

Why not make a "Human stronghold" that players should find/reach. Bandits would not be allowed to enter. Here you could stock up( exchange items). From here you could go on a mission.For example to bring back car parts or maybe bloodbags etc... or form a group and go after bandits or go find survivors and help them. Because now as you all are saying it's kinda boring, you go looting, you eat, drink and then you go loot a little more. And it sucks when everyone SOS(shoots on sight). Just my thoughts. In the end it should be like free the world from zombies.

when things like base building and note pads amongst other things are introduced it will allow people to be creative and make up an endless amount of objectives for themselves. "this is your story".

Edited by freeman83

I'm really curious to see where it goes once we have more building tools at our disposal and cheating is way down (if it happens).

I don't see why the game has to provide us with goals, when there's potential to do self inflicted goals like, 'Build a town and defend it', or 'Raid the town that other guy built'.

How far we can take it is dependent on the tools we're given.

Edited by Wiley

If you want npc's handing out quest go play warz.

Edited by harley001
  • Like 1

I think its the lack of objectives which kinda makes Dayz stand out from other MMO games and stuff. No missions or quests; arma2 has some boot camp stuff though you can try that has objectives if you get bored.

are u fuking kidding me?? if u wanna kill noobs go play arma 2..

dayz is a mod for arma 2 .. and we need a coop mod for dayz with pve objectives.. some zombie bosses that drop loot or even a questline..

no-one said that Jaxx0rr and NO we dont need a Co-op mode if people want to co-operate they can meet up in places and take on large hordes

anyway a good idea is that a train passes through any city with a train track near it....bring 100s of zombies chasing after it.(tonnes of zombies running through the city=lots of player deaths unless they fight tactically...maybe even a cargo plane that flies over all the cities and crashes (away from the sniper hill to avoid bandit rape)so that you can loot it (it would be holding essentials and maybe some low-mid grade weapons and lots o' ammo)

are u fuking kidding me?? if u wanna kill noobs go play arma 2..

dayz is a mod for arma 2 .. and we need a coop mod for dayz with pve objectives.. some zombie bosses that drop loot or even a questline..

Congratulations, you win the award of the stupidest thread resurrection ever to have existed.