Sign in to follow this  
Gran_Duma

Are the forums an accurate reflection of the playerbase?

I've been to the forums of many a major online game: WoW, EVE, Runescape, etc. and now Day Z. And I've just now recognized something, all these forums are filled with whiners or jerks. Flooded, infested, swamped with these awful people complaining or insulting each other.

So what is it: Are all online games populated by a heavy majority of horrible human beings, do only these vermin feel that it is necessary to comment on the forums, or is Roger Federer on his way to another Wimbledon victory?

if we were nice people why would we be on fourms?

It's kind of the way of forums. It's for discussion, but most people turn the discussion into a debate, and it escalates from there. At least the DayZ community isn't as bad as LoL's community.

So what is it: Are all online games populated by a heavy majority of horrible human beings' date=' do only these vermin feel that it is necessary to comment on the forums, or is Roger Federer on his way to another Wimbledon victory?

[/quote']

The answers to your questions are the following most of the most out spoken people are the ones who feel self-entitled dickheads so when something doesn't go their way they bitch and moan until they get their way and it tends to work.

And Roger Federer has a great chance to win vs. Murray

Well, I highly doubt that the forums allot for the bulk of the player base.

However, if rocket ever goes the route of Blizzard, then I'm very afraid. The silent majority might just lose to the whining minority.

Mostly it's people screwing around or disagreeing. Pet much what you see as far as forums, and people having opinions.

Some lament the "earlier days" of the mod when yes, there was some Ayer killing, but it felt more like you could still team up with people you met anonymously and so forth.

You have to accept the unreality of what Internet forums are.