Roggle

DayZ Has Some Problems

I don't know if I'm one to even reply this since I haven't played the game yet :( . But it is still an Alpha guys, think of it as Minecraft, probably one of the most popular games out. It started of as a very simple game (I understand this isn't simple) and as updates were released and things were taken into consideration, it continued to develop and ideas from the public were added which made the game 100x better! Just give this game a little time and I'm sure everyone's main concerns will be resolved.

look at some loot tables' date=' once you see it, that magic of the game dies. Knowing that there is nothing to explore

[/quote']

The. Game. Is. Not. About. Loot. This. Is. Not. World. Of. Warcraft. You. Ridiculous. Clown.

The. Game. Is. Not. About. Loot. This. Is. Not. World. Of. Warcraft. You. Ridiculous. Clown.

Except that it is. It has been admitted before that the loot system is seen as a form of progression in the game. You don't "level up" like in WoW, but going from a flashlight to an AS50 and M4 CCO SD with a coyote backpack nvgs gps rangefinder is no different. This is one of the major problems with the game. People are so used to having everything laid out for them, that once they play an open game like this, they run out of things to do.

Surviving isn't hard. You can survive in the woods with only a pistol and the most basic stuff to make a fire and skin an animal.

' pid='264754' dateline='1341634853']

Except that it is. It has been admitted before that the loot system is seen as a form of progression in the game. You don't "level up" like in WoW' date=' but going from a flashlight to an AS50 and M4 CCO SD with a coyote backpack nvgs gps rangefinder is no different. This is one of the major problems with the game. People are so used to having everything laid out for them, that once they play an open game like this, they run out of things to do.

Surviving isn't hard. You can survive in the woods with only a pistol and the most basic stuff to make a fire and skin an animal.

[/quote']

This game is, like all other sandbox games, what you make of it. You don't need to be kitted out to be a good bandit, you don't need the prestige of the gear. If you make loot your goal then that is you prerogative, but loot is not the be all and end all of this game. This game is about experiences, not things...

actually you dont even have to waste time on elektro or cherno. you can find anything you want on berezino with lot less trouble (besides the walking).

your right' date=' about berezino. Still that only leaves four real locations

[hr']

Stary? Or however you spell it... and every town is good... and you don't go to the north west air field alone unless you want to die.

Stary Sobor has one low military spawn' date=' airfield has 10+. Main Cities have 3+

[/quote']

it has a ton of tents, and they're not low. you've got a higher chance for a coyote backpack in stary than you do at nw airfield. you're also forgetting the 20 plus fields that helicopter crashes spawn in. you're also forgetting the players near cherno and elektro that troll for new spawners. you can kill them and get all you ever needed. you also neglect camps up north...

Stary Sober Military Loot

Number of Loot Spots:2

Loot spawn chance 40%

Coyote Backpack Spawn chance: 0.38%

NorthWest Airfield Barracks Loot

Number of Loot Spots:24

Loot spawn chance 40%

Coyote Backpack Spawn chance: 0.23%

Do your math son

2 per tent. at least 7 small tents and 2 big tents. there are over 18 loot spots at stary. have you even been there?

Stary? Or however you spell it... and every town is good... and you don't go to the north west air field alone unless you want to die.

Stary Sobor has one low military spawn' date=' airfield has 10+. Main Cities have 3+

[/quote']

it has a ton of tents, and they're not low. you've got a higher chance for a coyote backpack in stary than you do at nw airfield. you're also forgetting the 20 plus fields that helicopter crashes spawn in. you're also forgetting the players near cherno and elektro that troll for new spawners. you can kill them and get all you ever needed. you also neglect camps up north...

Tents are useless- The game is too buggy and I've lost countless fortunes due to them either dissapearing or not saving loot correctly. It wasn't stolen from. Also, why would you need a Coyote pack when ALICE packs are 10x more common and hold almost as much? Either way, these two items are rarely even commodities.

Crashed helicopter sites are random, and they do make people travel outside of those three places, but generally people just "loot run" it by taking everything, waiting 10 minutes, and revisiting it to get the entire spawn again, so you only really need to find one and camp it. After you do that for maybe 1-2 runs- you end up just going to cherno or electro again to kill players.

The OP is right, Cherno, Electro, and the NW airfields are pretty much the most visited places by far. I don't even find myself going north to get weapons anymore- the fire stations in Electro and Cherno drop pretty good loot anyway- And I can rack up ~30-60 murders before dying.

an interesting approach deciding an extra four slots allowing the versatility of another primary plus decent storage space isn't worth having. i personally will take it. I've also found a ton of good stuff in tents. sorry about your bad luck on that front.

taking the approach that "its not worth it" when it clearly is doesn't really work for me.

as for helicopter spawns. i don't give a shit how "random" they are. he was saying there's nothing to do. regardless of your hipster attitude towards it all these are all viable quests.

I'm pretty dumbfounded by the OP. Shit..

I just tried to reply and I can't form a sentence.. How fucking ignorant are you?

Deer stands and heli crashes.. Every other fucking town..

Are you trolling? Serious question.

But no one actively pursues deer stands-- Not when a fire station or the NW airfield can almost consistently produce better results.

Crashed Helicopters are pretty common' date=' and you pretty much max out your character after one visit-- A bison and 6 mags (2 bizons, actually) and I went down into cherno and had a killing spree.

Other than crashed helicopters, there is no reason to go to anywhere but these 3 or 4 places (If you count berezino, which is just another big city with less people.)

Also, vehicles and tents are too inconsistent to safely store loot and items- It is better to just make a trip to a common helicopter crash site or the NW airfield than run up to a secluded tent and then back down.

Most people don't "just survive"- Its just too easy and boring.

[/quote']

if you had any balls, you would have had your killing spree up north where the kitted players are. you're the cause for your lack of excitement. i don't really waste my time hunting people that can't give me better gear.

Don't scare him wrath. He's obviously a master of gaming, statistics, philosophy, and telepathy. Who knows how loot will change in the next few months. Let's all just have some fun. Wang Chung. Wang Chung.

Except that it is. It has been admitted before that the loot system is seen as a form of progression in the game. You don't "level up" like in WoW' date=' but going from a flashlight to an AS50 and M4 CCO SD with a coyote backpack nvgs gps rangefinder is no different. This is one of the major problems with the game. People are so used to having everything laid out for them, that once they play an open game like this, they run out of things to do.

[/quote']

This game is, like all other sandbox games, what you make of it. You don't need to be kitted out to be a good bandit, you don't need the prestige of the gear. If you make loot your goal then that is you prerogative, but loot is not the be all and end all of this game. This game is about experiences, not things...

You make a really good point

Ya if you play this game just to "farm" the good loot you are missing the whole point of the game. It is ALL about trying to stay alive as long as you can while moving through ALL the various towns, cities and hamlets. Try to imagine that you just woke up there and you don.t know jack about the place. You don,t know there are military tents in cherno or stary. Just move around the map and have fun exploring and trying to stay alive. Then and ONLY then will you "get" the day-x experience.

One player's boring is another player's pleasant evening away from frenzied, quest-oriented gaming.

Call me whatever you want, but I was enjoying the image of the pre-dusk moon tonight, as I ran away from a working Huey, up by Pobeda Dam. I would have investigated further, but as I was sneaking up, someone essentially coughed in direct voice, effectively scaring me the hell out of there.

Except that it is. It has been admitted before that the loot system is seen as a form of progression in the game.

I promise you it's not. I will pop your thinksauce out the bank of your skullbox with a Makarov before you see me with your fancy schmancy whatever the fuck.

Loot is irrelevant.

Play the game.

Have fun.

Loot is irrelevant? ok. now you are talking shit.

Value is subjective. If someone likes to hunt gear so it is relevant for that person.

Broski.... the loot tables are inaccurate and are not made by the developers so please. LEARN the RELIABLE SOURCES of INFORMATION.

Also...... video games/mods were invented for FUN not to show how 37337 you are. (Silly kids)

PS it"s Alpha.... this isn"t even for fun.... it"s for bug reporting and suggestions....

All the loot in the world doesn't matter if I die. You can take your high risk high reward areas, and I'll stick with my safe filler.

Right now' date=' DayZ is far to easy for anyone thats played it for more then a few hours and has got the basics down.

[/quote']

Player interaction makes it much harder actually, and if you fuck up near zeds they just end up chasing you down. Let's not forget the risk of proning everywhere!

Zombies cant catch you and are no threat once you know how to lose them' date=' all you need is a hill or a building and you can lose them any time you want. This makes sneaking a waste of your time.

[/quote']

Not all the time, sometimes they walk into the buildings or go around the other exit('s) and wait for you there. If it's just one zed? Understandable. Try a horde.

elektro

cherno

northwest airfield

Balota Medical Camp/Air Field

Stary Sobar

Northeast Airfield

Berezino

[REDACTED]

[REDACTED]

Devil's Castle

I see no problem with DayZ in a populated server.

People complaining about zombies being too easy are just ignoring the fact that engaging zombies is super risky not because of the zombies, but because if players are nearby they will immediately be alerted to your presence due to gunshot sounds and your location if they see the zombies.

People complaining about zombies being too easy are just ignoring the fact that engaging zombies is super risky not because of the zombies' date=' but because if players are nearby they will immediately be alerted to your presence due to gunshot sounds and your location if they see the zombies.

[/quote']

That's the problem. Zombies don't pose any threat by themselves. Environment itself is not dangerous. Players are. Nothing wrong with players being dangerous, but if it's the only dangerous thing in a game, then it shifts the whole game to pvp only aspect.

Look at the forum, no-one is discussing about how to actually survive against hordes of zombies and in the nature. Most of the discussion is about pvp.

Many "kill on sight" people are using "it's apocalypse, people are gonna kill each other" logic. Problem is, if it's apocalypse it should be hard to find basic supplies. Spawning without weapon was a step in the right direction, IMO.

The problem is not PvP itself, it's good. The problem is that the game silently pushes people to only PvP because everything else is easy.

berezino is the safest place to go and from my experience the most profitable the air field isnt to far and theirs several heli crash sites a short walk away plus player ive encountered there has been friendly must be a survivor safe zone

I think the op needs to learn a little about the game before posting his ill informed opinions.