Kyiara

1.25 Server Wipe announcement

Dear Survivors,
Update 1.25 is set to release to stable servers on May 27th, just two weeks away.
We'll be wiping both maps (Chernarus & Livonia) across all platforms for better stability.
Your character and progress will remain safe.
Thank you for understanding.
GNdIX30XgAANK8S.jpg

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Kyiara said:

Dear Survivors,
Update 1.25 is set to release to stable servers on May 27th, just two weeks away.
We'll be wiping both maps (Chernarus & Livonia) across all platforms for better stability.
GNdIX30XgAANK8S.jpg

Hi and about community maps? Wipe is needed?

• Beans 1

1 hour ago, SashaCrevard said:

The reason for wipe is "for better stability". That means that if you wish you can perform wipe if you not really wish or need to do so - then you can leave it alone.

Idea of this wipe is intend the server to spawn enough new SV-98 rifles instead of awaiting when spawn system will spawn spawn it.

The community map will not be affected because if you didn't change the map db configuration (types/eventspawns and etc) you have nothing to wipe. If you changing only the types.xml - then you can leave it alone then new items will appear on the map some day (when somebody get to the location and trigger with that way the loot system for recovering/spawning new items) 🙂

• Like 2

Are the custom servers going to be affected, like owned servers?

3 hours ago, odinsLast said:

Are the custom servers going to be affected, like owned servers?

Man are you kidding really?

• Like 1

On 5/13/2024 at 5:07 PM, SashaCrevard said:

Don't worry, don't delete anything. If you have a Vanilla I assure you that no "disaster" will happen and the spawn will fix itself with a few "cycles" (I have had my own vanilla server since 2020 and I have NEVER done any wipe, and everything works "normally" as every other version of DayZ)...if you have a modded one, from what I've seen so far, you shouldn't have any problems, but I've "only" started since the summer of 2022 and haven't tried all the mods. But thinking about it, when you use mods, it's much easier for them to generate "strange problems". I am increasingly convinced that, except in particular cases (but still solvable without wipes, such as interpenetrations of structures added to the map with the patch which could conflict with player constructions: in that case, dismantle the construction and move it... if you want, of course... however no real "malfunction" problem), Wipes are NEVER really necessary, but often just an excuse that server managers adopt to impose the Wipe (which everyone who wants a "COD" style game ", they invoke as the "panacea")... or when they are not really able to "fix" all those small (and large) defects that depend on the mods, their "combination" and their settings. Many " botched job" and then they don't know how to manage... and after a while they call the "Wipe" as necessary and "carry on" a little longer.
but I repeat that I'm not very knowledgeable about mods, also because: Vanilla is Vanilla... always... while there are thousands of possible combinations of mods... 😕

P.S.
Read this:
https://forums.dayz.com/topic/254783-121-server-wipe-announcement/

On 5/13/2024 at 1:44 PM, Kyiara said:

Dear Survivors,
GNdIX30XgAANK8S.jpg

Thanks for helping us maintain the progress we've made... although for this "cycle", due to more important RL issues, I won't be able to look for my survival record. But thanks for changing your "attitude" about Wipe. Thank you so much... Perhaps the best step forward I've seen in DayZ in the 4 years I've been playing.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, callum james kerridge said:

Will the 1.25 wipe move player position? 

In theory no... but DayZ is always DayZ... we'll see what happens only when we try it... 😁 🤔 🤨

Your character and progress will remain safe.

What exactly does this mean? 
Will my loot and base still be on the server that I play on/ and loot in my character’s inventory?

4 hours ago, brody toole said:

Your character and progress will remain safe.

What exactly does this mean? 
Will my loot and base still be on the server that I play on/ and loot in my character’s inventory?

No.
Everything on the map (bases, hidden and buried deposits, cars, etc...) will be deleted.
Everything you have on you, including in your hands (clothes, shoes, accessories, weapons, everything...) should be found when you return after spawning... which should take place exactly where you left before the Wipe.
If something doesn't work, it will be due to one of the many bugs in the game and not by the programmers' will.
I don't know what philosophy you play with, but you can pretend that in your absence you were robbed and your base was destroyed... better than nothing.
I recommend a prior selection of rare and essential things to keep with you and not "waste" space on common things that you can easily find around. It would be great to hold on hand an Alice backpack or a sailor's chest. The barrels, if you want to keep one, you have to keep them empty... I don't know if it's worth it.
This is the maximum allowed on the official servers, and it is already "progress"... 😉

• Thanks 2

1 hour ago, Alexander_Ustenko said:

What time will the wipe and update be?

Based on Moscow/Kyiv time you shall await update & wipe in between 3pm (15:00) up to 7pm (19:00). I can't give you more accurate time.

Basically it depends on the time when update would be published +1 hour (actually less, but everyone can make any kind of mistake or any issue so always add 1 hour for sure) 🙂

18 hours ago, Riddick_2K said:

No.
Everything on the map (bases, hidden and buried deposits, cars, etc...) will be deleted.
Everything you have on you, including in your hands (clothes, shoes, accessories, weapons, everything...) should be found when you return after spawning... which should take place exactly where you left before the Wipe.
If something doesn't work, it will be due to one of the many bugs in the game and not by the programmers' will.
I don't know what philosophy you play with, but you can pretend that in your absence you were robbed and your base was destroyed... better than nothing.
I recommend a prior selection of rare and essential things to keep with you and not "waste" space on common things that you can easily find around. It would be great to hold on hand an Alice backpack or a sailor's chest. The barrels, if you want to keep one, you have to keep them empty... I don't know if it's worth it.
This is the maximum allowed on the official servers, and it is already "progress"... 😉

Okay that explains everything I needed to know and then some. I have a whole inventory full of nothing but base supplies ready for the new base to be built. So thank you for clarifying. I’m sure it was a good question/and that I’m sure others had the same question as well.

• Beans 1

6 hours ago, Soregazelle83203 said:

Anyone know what time and timezone the wipe is happening

7am EST so right now

52 minutes ago, SierraMikain said:

this is my first wipe.

how long does it usually take?

From 30 minutes up to hour since update is published on Steam.

Since the server wipe I am unable to access the liviona DLC. I thought it was free after the wipe/ update

Was there no wipe on console? I just logged in and my base is still here

3 minutes ago, Madwuskies said:

Was there no wipe on console? I just logged in and my base is still here

it got delayed for console.

How long till console update? any updates? Waste of using PTO from work!