Sign in to follow this  
GameComplainer

Can we make the gunplay more skillbased and smoother>

I think the gunplay right now is very boring especially since you can just hold your breath and having no other issues with sway. What made me want to make this post is that alot of people in the Rust community have been complaining about how after their gunplay change the game has become too easy and the skill ceiling has dropped, and id argue if the gunplay change that we had happened today people would also complain to the level of Rust's community. I think stamina should increase weapon sway, also your stance such as prone, crouch and standing should impact the amount of sway you have. I think you should just mirror what Arma Reforger is doing with its gunplay because its suites the pace of the game more than the current. The gunplay right now benefits those who play aggressively, sprinting and hip firing is insanley overpowered since you can stop running instantly and hip fire is just as accurate as aiming which it shouldnt be.

Also, remove the blur effect off guns when you are aimed in, you spend time making these great textures just to throw an ugly blur effect only it, it doesnt look cinematic it looks crap and finally improve the subsonic cracks from guns (or atleast make them louder)

Simply put, make the game more realistic. The player movement and the way guns work needs to be addressed. Make it realistic.

so if you like to jump on the change train ive got a post right below this one that fully encompasses this topic if you want to take a look at and see if its something you would like to help promote.

its titled "Dayz's Flawed Foundations: Movement and Gunplay" if youre interested