Kyiara

1.25 Experimental Release

A little bit sad that there is no new scope or some alternatives to the current ones, especially with new gun.
However I'm looking forward to check the background music, I really like that feature. Also I'm wondering how fix/optimisation to player position on client vs server will behave, that was a common issue to get stuck in doors.

Btw, does it mean that 1.25 will be released on May 20th?

Existing DayZ base game owners without Livonia will receive the DLC free of charge as a token of our appreciation. FAQ can be found here, and a comprehensive press release detailing these changes will be issued on May 20th. Stay tuned for more details!

Very disappointed to see the devs just take the Livonia DLC players money and run with it. Now the DLC is free? What the hell? My friends and I liked the exclusivity of the DLC because it deterred a lot of hackers from raiding us. You pretty much just gave the hackers a free DLC. Thanks a lot lol.

• Like 1
  • Beans 1

4 hours ago, DonnieSkuza said:

Very disappointed to see the devs just take the Livonia DLC players money and run with it. Now the DLC is free? What the hell? My friends and I liked the exclusivity of the DLC because it deterred a lot of hackers from raiding us. You pretty much just gave the hackers a free DLC. Thanks a lot lol.

I purchased DayZ along with the Livonia DLC, and I’m thoroughly satisfied with this decision. It’s a strategic move to bundle them together for new buyers at a slightly higher price, while rewarding existing base game owners with a bonus.

While this change might not sit well with everyone I'm sure most of certainly got their games worth. 

My experience with the game has been enjoyable and an adventure.

Kudos to the developers for their exceptional work!"

• Like 2

Posted (edited)

@Bohemia, what the hell? What about us players who purchased your DLC? I see nothing in the FAQ regarding any make-good to players that DID purchase your Livonia expansion. Are we left holding the bag, or am I mistaken?

Edited by mikhail.lisovich
Grammar

6 hours ago, mikhail.lisovich said:

@Bohemia, what the hell? What about us players who purchased your DLC? I see nothing in the FAQ regarding any make-good to players that DID purchase your Livonia expansion. Are we left holding the bag, or am I mistaken?

Just read the article? More details will be shared on May 20th...

18 hours ago, Kuzyn. said:

Btw, does it mean that 1.25 will be released on May 20th?

No, but the date of 1.25 will be announced in May.

11 hours ago, HyperMunki said:

I purchased DayZ along with the Livonia DLC, and I’m thoroughly satisfied with this decision. It’s a strategic move to bundle them together for new buyers at a slightly higher price, while rewarding existing base game owners with a bonus.

While this change might not sit well with everyone I'm sure most of certainly got their games worth. 

My experience with the game has been enjoyable and an adventure.

Kudos to the developers for their exceptional work!"

Thank you for the kind words ❤️

6 hours ago, mikhail.lisovich said:

From the FaQ

Will existing players receive any benefits aside from the free Livonia DLC?
The primary benefit for existing DayZ base game owners who do not currently own Livonia is receiving the DLC free of charge. Those that own base game and Livonia before the change will get the DayZ soundtrack for free on Steam only

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Kyiara said:

From the FaQ

The primary benefit for existing DayZ base game owners who do not currently own Livonia is receiving the DLC free of charge. Those that own base game and Livonia before the change will get the DayZ soundtrack for free on Steam only

Thank you for the good news.

I hope that will help players get Livonia DLC.

But I have one question regardless to the mail news. Yesterday I got a mail, where: "We're thrilled to announce that after many requests, our console looter shooter Vigor is finally coming to PC!", and my question is Shall DayZ community be awared about closer end-life of DayZ Standalone, or it's just announcement and nothing special and dev team still will be support the DayZ game?

With my regards.

On 4/23/2024 at 2:31 AM, Kyiara said:

Greetings, Survivors!

Experimental branches of update 1.25 are now live on Steam and Xbox.

Read the full article here.

PC changelog

Xbox changelog

Support_for_1.25_5.jpg

Can you do us all a favor and make sure that you implement a feature to TURN OFF THE BG MUSIC before you release this on stable please? The last thing some of us want to hear is some looped tracks over and over again while we grind away searching for a box of nails. M'Kay? Thanks!

8 hours ago, Kyiara said:

From the FaQ

And again, console players can go and have a nice fat cup of unmentionable in the corner because Bohemia doesn't care about console players. Only that consoles add to their monthly player hours to keep them in rankings. 👍🏼 Got it! Thanks a bunch... 

@kyiara - thank you for clearing that up! I didn't scroll far enough to see that answer in the FAQ. Glad BD has a plan for Livonia owners as well!

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Sid Debian said:

But I have one question regardless to the mail news. Yesterday I got a mail, where: "We're thrilled to announce that after many requests, our console looter shooter Vigor is finally coming to PC!", and my question is Shall DayZ community be awared about closer end-life of DayZ Standalone, or it's just announcement and nothing special and dev team still will be support the DayZ game?

That is just a great news for Vigor, not related to DayZ standalone at all. No worries, this is not affecting DayZ in any way. ❤️

16 hours ago, lawdog89301 said:

Can you do us all a favor and make sure that you implement a feature to TURN OFF THE BG MUSIC before you release this on stable please? The last thing some of us want to hear is some looped tracks over and over again while we grind away searching for a box of nails. M'Kay? Thanks!

You have the ability to turn the music off. Just go to your settings.

16 hours ago, lawdog89301 said:

And again, console players can go and have a nice fat cup of unmentionable in the corner because Bohemia doesn't care about console players. Only that consoles add to their monthly player hours to keep them in rankings. 👍🏼 Got it! Thanks a bunch... 

We care, but we don't have the option to distribute the soundtrack to console players.
Out of curiosity, how long have you owned Livonia DLC? Do you feel like the time on the map was not worth it? Or is the missing soundtrack the issue? Sorry, just trying to understand a bit better.

• Like 1
  • Beans 1

That is good for everyone that don't own Livonia. 
I just bought it however, for both me and a friend.
Don't mean to come of as ungrateful but I don't see the value of the soundtrack, thought I don't hesitate that it might be good, to weigh up for the cost of the newly bought DLC.
Maybe some skins for a armband or a jacket or something, idk, it just feels like a the soundtrack that btw is to be found on YouTube isn't really the compensation I was hoping for.

Out of interest I just checked recent reviews for Livonia and it seems that I am not the only one feeling this way. 

• Beans 1

I will say though so that you or the team don't get the wrong impression. 
I am very impressed what SA have become, I bought it at launch and this is a game that me and my squad always come back to, you lot have done a splendid work making it what it is today.

But you know, if you don't speak your mind you also can't complain at a later point about something you might have had a chance to have a say in when it all went down.

Posted (edited)

As a gun nerd, i am very disappointed to see the SV-98 use such bad scopes. The weapon in real life uses two different dedicated scopes, specifically made for it, one of them is x7 and the other is x14. It is also possible to install a suppressor on the weapon. Would love to see betters scopes for the gun, also the suppressor installation option. The M14 DMR also needs a better scope in my opinion... & the possibilty of using a suppressor as well. Thanks for the time you took to read this, whoever reads this 🙂 

Edited by Never-a34bba3aa71cd1d7
  • Like 1

Hello there,

When can we expect next experimental build with the music? Not gonna lie, it's the only thing that grab me to test DayZ Experimental 😛

New rifle is great but what about scopes? So many snipers that only acog can be fitted: scout, dmr, fal, sv98

• Beans 1

On 4/28/2024 at 11:34 AM, calmarmind said:

Hello there,

When can we expect next experimental build with the music? Not gonna lie, it's the only thing that grab me to test DayZ Experimental 😛

It's out. The music plays like every 20 minutes and then plays for a while, so you wont hear it instantly.

I like it so far.

I just came here to say the new shotgun shots are absolutely amazing, they sound very realistic (I think) and badass 🙂