Posted (edited)

Just got back from watching the "rezzed 2013 developer session" on YouTube and there's a lot of features that were in early develop that isn't in the current build and out of all of those features, why did they take away how the loot spawned in rooms? For example under beds and behind shelves so you really have to look for them.

Timestamp: 22:21 is what I'm referencing too.

Edited by Boonie Hat Gang

I had the same thought! :)

I am pretty sure it comes down to server performance.

The devs have to limit the things happening on thw DayZ servers, because the server can handle only so much beforw it starts to lag / crash.

They likely decided that since the server can only hande a certain amount of loot, they don't want to waste resources on items being hidden in hard to find locations, while draining server resources.

One example was the somewhat recent millitary-watchtower loot removal.

Nobody ever checked those, so the loot spawning there was dead weight.

Even though those hidden loot spawns were a lot of fun to look for and very immersive.

• Confused 1

I m glad it s not in the final version

Loot under a bed? that s a terrible idea 

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Astalonte said:

I m glad it s not in the final version

Loot under a bed? that s a terrible idea 

Actually not, once b4 it ised to be in DayZ and it brings some unusual tasks like lay on the floor to check is there AKM/AK74/M4 is under the bed or don't waste time and get to next room?

So I don't see anything bad in that so why not?

I still don't see any reason why devs removed that feature/ability from the game...

On 3/22/2024 at 10:05 AM, Pyongo Bongo said:

[CUT]

One example was the somewhat recent millitary-watchtower loot removal.

Nobody ever checked those, so the loot spawning there was dead weight.

[CUT]

I always went to the military turrets. I was sad when they removed the spawn up there. It was a bit risky, because you had to go all the way to the top to see what was there and you were a target for a possible sniper, but you always found something... instead of the dormitories you go around and around and rarely find anything.

• Beans 1