Pyongo Bongo

Remove the advertisement from my paid product

Posted (edited)

I don't think it's ok to constanty loop an advertisement in the main menu of a game I paid for.

I did not give you the twentyfour bucks ten years ago to be shown advertisements.

If you (Bohemia) is unreasonable enough to leave the ad in-game, then please at least let people turn it off after a while.

If you are still unreasonable enough to not do that, at least let people turn it off who already own the advertised DLC.

The ad tells me that I own what is advertised, it say "OWNED" really big.

Actually it probably means to say: GET OWNED WE PUT ADS IN YOUR FAVORITE (pay to play) GAME XD

Edited by Pyongo Bongo

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Pyongo Bongo said:

I don't think it's ok to constanty loop an advertisement in the main menu of a game I paid for.

I did not give you the twentyfour bucks ten years ago to be shown advertisements.

If you (Bohemia) is unreasonable enough to leave the ad in-game, then please at least let people turn it off after a while.

If you are still unreasonable enough to not do that, at least let people turn it off who already own the advertised DLC.

The ad tells me that I own what is advertised, it say "OWNED" really big.

Actually it probably means to say: GET OWNED WE PUT ADS IN YOUR FAVORITE (pay to play) GAME XD

Have you played in Arma 3, if not - I suggest you to try it's full of bugs and annoying advertising. The best experience to hate the game. P.S. But the dev company are the same!

About loop, oki let it be but shall be removed if you're purchased. Purchased and leave that ads away to the hell, alao if you tired from video and what a static picture - remove filder "videos" in the root of DayZ folder...

Edited by Sid Debian
Small suggestion.

16 hours ago, Sid Debian said:

Have you played in Arma 3, if not - I suggest you to try it's full of bugs and annoying advertising.

I have and I am worried DayZ is headed down a similar path.

ArmA 3 has advertisements for DLC everywhere.

Wanna get in a car?

"This is a DLC car, buy the Apex DLC if you want to get in!"

Sometimes your whole screen gets overlayed with pulsing squares with the dlc icon.

Bohemias newfound love and enthusiasm for DayZ DLC (this part I like) AND in-game advertisements (this part less) for the DLC, combined with how they handled ArmA III DLC ad spam worries me.