Jiggahertz

How can I make my own translation/localization for DayZ?

I want to translate DayZ into a language that it's not available in. I don't care if I would be able to distribute it, or if it would be just for my own use, but I want to translate it regardless.

How do I go about doing this?

7 hours ago, Jiggahertz said:

I want to translate DayZ into a language that it's not available in. I don't care if I would be able to distribute it, or if it would be just for my own use, but I want to translate it regardless.

How do I go about doing this?

I guess it's migh be impossible.

The idea of stringtables in DayZ is based on you have several langs that the game is supported, but that not mean that you shall use those languages.

For example stringtables contains: original, English, Russian and French languages in list, but I don't know/not really wished to translate (or any other reasons) and I just can remove item from stringtable header same as remove each 2nd item of each transaction row-item and ingame item that should be translated to Russian would be translated to English (as default language).

But about global stringtables in the game - you can't add new language(s) because the game has no idea how to identify it, yes we can give the designation of that language like "NoName", but sorry I didn't check can the game read that name and include that string to the language selection items.

P.S. I guess you shall raise the ticket on dev forum for adding new language to the game, that might be simpler and useful I guess.

Edited by Sid Debian

14 hours ago, Sid Debian said:

I guess it's migh be impossible.

The idea of stringtables in DayZ is based on you have several langs that the game is supported, but that not mean that you shall use those languages.

For example stringtables contains: original, English, Russian and French languages in list, but I don't know/not really wished to translate (or any other reasons) and I just can remove item from stringtable header same as remove each 2nd item of each transaction row-item and ingame item that should be translated to Russian would be translated to English (as default language).

But about global stringtables in the game - you can't add new language(s) because the game has no idea how to identify it, yes we can give the designation of that language like "NoName", but sorry I didn't check can the game read that name and include that string to the language selection items.

P.S. I guess you shall raise the ticket on dev forum for adding new language to the game, that might be simpler and useful I guess.

If the game being able to read that new addition to the stringtable would be an issue, then instead of adding a new language to the stringtable I could just overwrite a previously existing language instead

On 2/27/2024 at 2:06 AM, Jiggahertz said:

If the game being able to read that new addition to the stringtable would be an issue, then instead of adding a new language to the stringtable I could just overwrite a previously existing language instead

Yes, I'm about it.

No one except BI knows how DayZ implement the localisation system and if be honest that's right that we can only override (but not everything) stringtables.

If you could simply include the new localization you couldn't override some default strings like Weapons names strings, also how about modded strings, you need to localize 'em too but you maybe not familiar with that mod yet or mod is binarized and you can't change/override those strings - the point is that you'll make a localisation on quarter or might be on half, when others strings that's protected would be translated as English ones.

So that's always will be a pointless. Better ask developers to include the new localisation then breinheck yourself with the game. But be honest - it's your way it's your choice.