AtlasJay

NBC Loot is TOO HARD TO FIND!

Hiya, I am new to this website and these forums, but I am NOT new to DayZ - with nearly 2,000 hours experience. 

I'm not trying to be a cry baby here - but NBC loot on Official Chernarus servers is extremely difficult to find and collect. 

Now, I understand that it is not meant to be easy. Toxic areas are guarding the best loot in the game, and I think that the toxic zones were a great addition to the game.

However - Lets think about a full NBC kit. You need: Hood, Mask, Jacket, Pants, Gloves, Boots, and Filters. You normally need more than 1 Filter.  8 Items total. Their spawn rates are just totally inconsistent. I might find 10 pairs of gloves before I find a pair of pants. I might find 6 pairs of pants before I find a jacket. 

And this is assuming you're not going to be shot and killed by another player during your attempt to collect the NBC kit, which is always a possibility.

Let me be clear here, I want this task to be difficult. But right now, as a solo player, it is taking me over 10 hours of gameplay to find a full NBC suit.  Hours and hours of walking from hospital to fire-station to hospital.

Hunting for clothes is not engaging gameplay. I'm not playing DayZ because "I want to spend 10 hours looking for a particular jacket". 

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Please guys, please review the spawn rates of NBC loot. It needs to be increased, and the individual items need better balancing.  It's no good to anyone if there's 15 pairs of pants spawned in, but only 1 jacket. 

Right now, the spawn rates are completely discouraging me from even attempting toxic zones. Why should I spend 10 hours looking for an NBC set? It's just not worth it.    That's sad, because the toxic zones are really really cool additions to DayZ and I would like to explore them more often.

See here? this character has been surviving on Official Cherno for nearly 60 hours.

Almost half of this characters life has been spent searching for NBC loot. 

I've travelled 350km on foot. 

I've been searching every single hospital, fire-station, fire truck, medic tent along the way.   I've been to Krasnostav Airfield and NWAF easily 12x each.

Spending 20+ hours looking for a bright yellow jacket is not fun.

Please look into this guys, it's just not working the way it's supposed to. 

?imw=5000&imh=5000&ima=fit&impolicy=Lett

It's supposed to be really hard as it gives you access to the "best" weapons in the game. Are these weapons worth it? M4 not really since their are similar alternatives, and SVD would be if not for the DMR now. So the juice isn't worth the squeeze. I've had lives where I found all the gear relatively quickly, but it's just a crap shoot.

one visit at tisy military and u should find all nbc parts easily there.

I don't like that suppressors are gas zone only.

They are so crazily powerful, you are forced to run the annoying NBC gauntlet.

And you feel it.

"Why do I NEED to do this boring collectathon AGAIN and AGAIN?

Why do they WANT me to do this every time, when the whole reason I NEED to do this is getting a silencer, which makes no sense and was intentionally placed there."

Realistically they should be available at milllitary installations too.

At Tisy military base I constantly see lots of NBC parts. I guess they appear only in the rare tier 4 areas.