J_ii_N_X

Questions about assets...

Hey all.

I'm trying to identify and separate the assets i've used in DayZEditor from certain asset packs (with permission from pack owners) to reduce the file size when I repack them for my server.

The class names used in DayZEditor are often different from the actual file names and the model files often need specific texture files yet theres no obvious way to tell what goes with what.

- What is the best way to match the class names with the correct files?

- How do I match these files with the correct texture files?

- What other files from the asset pack need to be included for it to function correctly when I repack them?

- Are there any apps available that can assist in doing this?

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Cheers  

18 hours ago, J_ii_N_X said:

Hey all.

I'm trying to identify and separate the assets i've used in DayZEditor from certain asset packs (with permission from pack owners) to reduce the file size when I repack them for my server.

The class names used in DayZEditor are often different from the actual file names and the model files often need specific texture files yet theres no obvious way to tell what goes with what.

- What is the best way to match the class names with the correct files?

- How do I match these files with the correct texture files?

- What other files from the asset pack need to be included for it to function correctly when I repack them?

- Are there any apps available that can assist in doing this?

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Cheers  

Greetings.

Let's get that way:

1. Use the config.cpp or config.bin -> (convert to) config.cpp. there you'll find the class name: class XXX : blah-blah-blah; also the p3.d name of model based on that data you'll find the necessary values.

2. Depends on assets. Basically the config.cpp that describes the items, p3d models, paas, rvmats - that's the basics, also some scripts that's extends some stuff for the objects (it's hard to tell without the knowledge about the assests).

3. If p3d model us not binarized you may ooen in Object Viewer and check all materials and other files that's required for that item.

4. All programs is inside DayZ Tools. Like config.bin debinarizer and p3d viewer. Also you may requred the notepad (I suggest to use the Notepad++ it's free and damn quite useful). Also suggest you to get PBO Managet v1.4 - for depbo and repbo.

Base: the model p3d name will mostly not match the object classname it's a trouble but with opened configs it's not a problem.

Yeah i know it's not enough but explore and brainheck and you'll get enough experience with it.

P.S. I hope that answer was a bit useful.

Thank you Sid. Yes it was quite helpful. Cheers

• Thanks 1