Sign in to follow this  
doc 2

Why am i unable to cut up dead zombies?

I'm playing on Livonia NY4403 official server and i can't figure out what i'm doing wrong when trying to cut up a zombie to get bones.  I've equipped a knife, saw, machette and none are giving me the option to cut the body.  It just says infected with no mouse option.  I've been trying to figure this out for an hour now.   I keep wondering if its bugged or maybe the server i play on doesnt allow it?  i'm new so i keep going to youtubes and i still cant figure out what i'm doing wrong.  do i need storage space or something?  I've tried with 3 differnt zombies i've killed and not getting any cut options on the body when i equip blades.  help pls!

I wasted so much time trying to get fish hooks because of this and eventually died.  so frustrating.  Thank you now i can stop trying 😞

1 hour ago, doc 2 said:

I wasted so much time trying to get fish hooks because of this and eventually died.  so frustrating.  Thank you now i can stop trying 😞

The way I do it is look around your spawn town for dead freshies (players).

Often at least one person spawns with you and dies somewhere (with or without your help :D)

If there are typical suicide-jumpoff-places like silos, lighthouses and cliffs you can check them out for bodies.

You can take their bones, they have 10. Enough for a spear, multiple hooks and knives and you can use their guts as a rope for your rod. And their fat for your torch.

Alternatively if you hear a chicken screaming those also have 2 bones. 🙂