Kyiara

Update 1.23 general discussion

Hi guys,

It's been a few days since the release of the 1.23 Update, so you've likely had some time to play and explore. As always, we would love to hear your feedback and suggestions.

Here are a few questions for you. Please choose just one thing that is most important to you for each question:

1) What did you like the most about this update?

2) What did you like the least about this update?

3) Since this was a pretty big update, feel free to use this last question for any suggestions related to the 1.23 changes.

Please keep it tidy. I will hide off-topic posts. For feedback or anything else 1.23 related, please use this thread or, even better, our Feedback Tracker.
Thank you ♥️

aZqSnPM.jpeg

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, Kyiara said:

Skybox and general lighting improvements.

41 minutes ago, Kyiara said:

I don't think there's a single thing that I disliked this patch. Other than the bugs that occured - but most of those have been fixed for the experimental already.

43 minutes ago, Kyiara said:

3) Since this was a pretty big update, feel free to use this last question for any suggestions related to the 1.23 changes.

Why so many .308 rifles 😫 Don't get me wrong, I'm not hating on it. It's a fantastic gun but I feel like like 7.62x54mmR is now under-represented.

Overall a huge W patch which shows by the amount of players playing the game. Many great additions (clothing items, dmr, field shovel), many great changes (skybox, launcher improvements, nwaf).

• Like 1

3 hours ago, DefectiveWater said:

Skybox and general lighting improvements.

I don't think there's a single thing that I disliked this patch. Other than the bugs that occured - but most of those have been fixed for the experimental already.

Why so many .308 rifles 😫 Don't get me wrong, I'm not hating on it. It's a fantastic gun but I feel like like 7.62x54mmR is now under-represented.

Overall a huge W patch which shows by the amount of players playing the game. Many great additions (clothing items, dmr, field shovel), many great changes (skybox, launcher improvements, nwaf).

Lol we needs 1 or 2 .338 Lapua Magnum sniper rifles, as addition to under rated 7.62x54R - we needs SVT-40 (semi-automatic rifle from WWII), it may carry the bayonet (like FAL, M14 and SVD (can carry AKM (6H3)/AK-74(6H4) and laters bayonets even 6H8 (for AK-12 of 2022 year of modification), AUG (short version) bayonets, but dev team can't search for youtube to get videos, how to attach bayonets to those rifles so we will never get attachable bayonets to the rifles), SVT also can carry the Optics PU, but it used different scopes then Mosin Sniper Rifle (SVM) versions, so basically dev could reimplement the mounting system for optics and allow modding the scopes like HuntingOptics, Long-range Optics and PU Scope Optics to be mounted on different Rings and Adapters (yeah for Kochetov's mount system there's adapters for Viver/Pica rails that allows user mount new optics on the old soviet mount systems, same stuff there's for AK-based platforms (any AK/SVD-based rail mount point), those adapters existing in US since 90th, maybe even earlier) but we will not see such awesome way for upgrading the weapon system. Idk all scopes in the game has mounted rings on it, damn what da fk? You can remove the one rings place another one and use it for example I have powerful air gun, it has dovetail mounting rail, awesome I'd bought another rings for viver/pica rail system and now can use the scope on any rifle i want even on mine Mosin rifle... But will we find this in-game - never, will it be helpful and a huge game experience expansion - oh yeah, will we found it - perhaps never, why - it will broke all the balance but would be quite close to the reality (yeah you could able to give the SVD chance with better optics then PSO-1, same for other types because there's many different solutions for different mounts systems but everything been messed and simplified to loose the taste of reality and possible conditions, only cheap bullsh*tty solutions.

Very hard to choose a clear #1 but I suppose I'll go with the NWAF rework. In my opinion the 0.63 NWAF rework was terrible so seeing it finally be removed after 5 years is a pretty great feeling.

I feel like I've seen more players there since 1.23 came out than I did for months on the previous airfield, so I'd call that a huge success overall.

I didn't hate any additions in particular but there was some disappointments, or rather feelings of missed opportunity, the thought of "that's great but I wish X thing had this" which I guess is where question 3 comes in.

Skybox.
1. Chernarus skybox moves sooo slowly that it feels completely static. You can stand completely still while using eye zoom on the clouds and still barely notice any movement. Did a quick test on Livonia and it seems to be faster there.
2. Part of me is really sad that the Chernarus and Livonia skyboxes are completely separate, they both look so good and it's a shame that you can't experience both on one map, I prefer to play Chernarus so I will never get to fully enjoy the Livonia skybox and vice versa for the people that main Livonia. I'm not sure if it would possible to implement but I'd love if both skyboxes were available on both maps and they rotated in/out over time, I feel like it would only increase the visual variety for everyone and make both maps feel more dynamic. If not, would it be feasible to have them manually swapped every 2/3/6/12 months or something? that sounds nice too.

DMR.
This was unexpected but it's always welcomed to see a classic weapon return, however it's pretty disappointing to see that it didn't come with the mil dot scope and only uses attachments already in-game, that definitely dampened my hype for it.
Not only is it iconic to the A2 DMR but I also can't stand using the current ACOGs, the glowing arrows are more annoying than they are helpful. The ACOG in the alpha version was a lot more enjoyable to use.
It we got both a mil dot scope and adjustments to the current ACOGs in the future that would be amazing.

NWAF.
It's a huge improvement in terms of gameplay and I'm very happy to see the direction it has taken.
Not only is the runway flattened and spawning highly desired items, things like the camo texture on the fire station and the completely closed off aircraft shelters are a very nice touch!
I wish to see visual variety on the airfield continue even further, by bringing back the iconic hangars (or perhaps a different model of similar size/shape) and scattering various aircraft inside them/around the airfield.
I really like how you added both the crashed and new intact C-130 with the rework, I hope to see something similar with different types of aircraft, it really helps bring the airfield to life in my opinion.

I'd also like to see more cover on the west side of the airfield, something I really liked about the 0.62 airfield was that people on the east side had cover and firing positions from all the buildings, while people on the west side had cover from all the pine trees, which was just enough to make snipers feel safe to sit there and take shots at people on the opposite side. People were also aware of this and on alert, regularly scanning those areas for snipers, I thought this was a great dynamic for the airfield PvP.

With how it looks currently, the west side does have a lot of trees, but none that provide any sense of safety, it feels extremely exposed and lacking of good angles to fire from, so I fear (and it seems to be the case so far) that everyone will sit on the east side of the airfield all the time and there will be a minimal amount of long range engagements, which would be a shame since it's been such a staple of DayZ since the beginning.

1.23 is a really great patch though, Skybox, DMR and NWAF are the main points and are great overall, and very positive feelings on the patch as a whole.
I didn't feel that anything added/changed was pointless or degraded the experience (which was the case in some previous patches) so that was great to see, keep it up.

• Like 1

1. I LOVE the skybox. It really makes the whole game look better.

An option for even higher texture resolution on the clouds would be great.

2. What I liked least is the gas zone change (more guns restricted to the gas zones) and the DMR buff (because of how unrealistic it is)

I personally would give guns as close to real life values (speed, firerate, attachments, stopping power, penetration) as possible.

It seems like FAL and DMR should be way closer to eachother. It bothers me that someone in the dev team WANTS the FAL to be bad at range and hit way less hard in every situation than the DMR, and that being the reason they function the way they do.

ONLY because it has full-auto(?).

I would also make the best loot spawn in the gas zone, but not limit it to the gas zone only.

I don't like doing the gas zone run for the millionth time and so many good guns ONLY being in the gas zone really makes looting the rest of the map less exciting.

I have written my lengthy arguments a bunch of times on this forum and Reddit.

More things I really like because why not:

-The loot drop in the middle of the airfield is great! Daring players to go there is a lot of fun and danger. Also enables people to snipe that place, which is fun for both parties involved (until someone dies)

Being able to find NVGS and such there makes looting the airfield more exciting, though I am not a fan of that ONLY spawning right in the middle, it would be more fun and exciting, also worth it, if there was a small chance that the rest of the airfield can spawn one of those rare items. Otherwise people will loot the airdrop and instantly leave.

-Volumetric clouds have been on the wish list of many people for years.

We don't have volumetric clouds xD

But the new skybox fakes them very well and with the new sky lighting the whole game has been visually upgraded, it looks amazing.

Especially the dark clouded sky.

-Cosmetics

I like them a lot! They look harsh apocalypty and evil-bandit like. Every little new cosmetics adds to the options 🙂

The 100% customisable and detailed outfit system really is groundbreaking and adds so much to DayZ.

They are also high/best insulation which means we acatually get to use them 😛 (Please let us, at least on community servers, turn on summer mode so we can wear ANYTHING under best insulation)

-NWAF

I don't know I just like it.

-Car push

Omg. One of my favorites. It is incredibly useful, when your car got stuck it could easily make you cry. This fixes so many heart breaking situations.

Ontop of that it lets you do many really funny things like pushing cars onto people and such. Pushing cars off cliffs onto people xD

Please let us manually enable/disable the handbrake to enable this even more.

-All those little sounds

are amazing. Its so immersive and realistic how many actions have unique and high quality sounds.

Easy to add (in comparison) but they add so much to the experience.

-Louder and further explosions sounds

Yees!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Apocalypse atmosphere+

Player interaction+

Explosions feeling realistic, devastating and satisfying+

• Like 2