Kyiara

DayZ Update 1.23

Greetings, Survivors!

Update 1.23 is now live on Steam, Xbox, and PlayStation! We’ve brought highly anticipated changes to Vybor Air Base on Chernarus (commonly known as NWAF), the sky has gotten a massive visual upgrade, and spawning into the game has changed. Check out our change notes (SteamConsoles) for all the details, or keep on reading for an overall summary of what you can expect.

Read the full article here. 

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

I dont understand the fact that you decided not to wipe characters. It doesnt bother me a lot since I dont play on official servers, but many players asked for this to clean characters that may have duped items.

Anyway, I like all changes and new additions but this sentence from FB post -  This year's biggest update is just around the corner! -  is quite sad. 1.21 could be named by many as a bigger update.
The question is, if the team worked on any other things behind the scenes for future updates that would cause "lack of content" in comparison to 2022? Do you still consider AI update sometime in the future? I know that you dont want to make empty promises ever again and I respect that. But I dont see anything wrong with sharing some inside dev updates/diaries regarding things that are not visible at first glance or impossible to see for a casual player. And yes I know that there are also bug fixes but thats with every update so I dont consider it much more time consuming than those in 2022 or any other update (maybe Im wrong?).

Edited by Kuzyn.
  • Sad 1

Why do I loose everything everytime server restarts now? And server says restart every 3 hours but after 45min I get a mssg saying Server will restart in 10 minutes!!!???

I don't know if you are aware of the problem after the patch was released, but...
Are you seriously??? The map of the North-Western airfield has been rebuilt, but the location of the loot has not been changed? All loot will spawn in the air, in the place of old buildings.
When changes are made to the map, the loot spawn location on the map changes accordingly. (mapgrouppos.xml, mapgroupproto.xml)

My character was wiped.  I had nothing built, but was doing well... now a freshspawn :( what happened to characters not being wiped.    I'm on official server 4467

On 11/7/2023 at 10:15 AM, Kuzyn. said:

I dont understand the fact that you decided not to wipe characters. It doesnt bother me a lot since I dont play on official servers, but many players asked for this to clean characters that may have duped items.

Anyway, I like all changes and new additions but this sentence from FB post -  This year's biggest update is just around the corner! -  is quite sad. 1.21 could be named by many as a bigger update.
The question is, if the team worked on any other things behind the scenes for future updates that would cause "lack of content" in comparison to 2022? Do you still consider AI update sometime in the future? I know that you dont want to make empty promises ever again and I respect that. But I dont see anything wrong with sharing some inside dev updates/diaries regarding things that are not visible at first glance or impossible to see for a casual player. And yes I know that there are also bug fixes but thats with every update so I dont consider it much more time consuming than those in 2022 or any other update (maybe Im wrong?).

After browsing steam forums and reddit, it seems like more people don't want character wipes.  Duping on PC has been gone for a long time.  If there was duping still, wouldn't the wipe not even bother the dupers?  They'd just dupe it all back.

22 minutes ago, The Brotato Chip said:

I look forward to advanced weather systems: hurricanes, tornados, floods, earthquakes, even eruptions. Make pve as epic as ever!!!

I don't think we'll see anything like that in DayZ... ever.

On 11/7/2023 at 7:15 PM, Kuzyn. said:

Hi, you will find more info in the 'DayZ in 2024' article (like this one last year), scheduled to be published around February when the plans for the year are more finalized. 
Please note that a few changes may still occur.

There's been a lot of work behind the updates in 2023, more than in 2022, to be honest. All I can say now is that there's much to look forward to in 2024. 🙂
Regarding character wipes, it's a challenging topic; some prefer wipes, while others would rather avoid them unless absolutely necessary. Wiping characters doesn't solve duping issues. Addressing the duping methods is what helps, and that's something we continue working on with every update.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Kyiara said:

Hi, you will find more info in the 'DayZ in 2024' article (like this one last year), scheduled to be published around February when the plans for the year are more finalized. 
Please note that a few changes may still occur.

There's been a lot of work behind the updates in 2023, more than in 2022, to be honest. All I can say now is that there's much to look forward to in 2024. 🙂
Regarding character wipes, it's a challenging topic; some prefer wipes, while others would rather avoid them unless absolutely necessary. Wiping characters doesn't solve duping issues. Addressing the duping methods is what helps, and that's something we continue working on with every update.

Thank you for the reply 🙂

• Like 1

Dayz Are we aware that by holding the hoe and toggling to rake, allows the grass to disappear. That in turn let's us see any bombs/ Claymore or landmine put down. Again It removes the grass as far as you can see