Sign in to follow this  
TopGear93

DayZ Community....

Heres another "Im Done" thread. My reason behind hating this mod is the horrible community. The amount of a**hole players that are on the american servers is astounding. People constantly telling you to stfu while you chat to friends or the kill on sight cod ret*ards. I think this is the only community where i felt this hated and driven away. I may come back once the popularity settles and the game becomes more stable. Otherwise im done with these ignorant, a-hole players.

I've been encountering more people that don't KoS lately. One thing that helps is the Direct Comms VOIP. I don't type anymore, I simply talk. They answer, I go away, they don't answer, I kill them.

i dont know why but yeah, this community is attracting the worst possible type of players

i dont know why but yeah' date=' this community is attracting the worst possible type of players

[/quote']

I can see why KOS players are "the worst possible type of players" for YOUR style of play, but this has been the first game to offer sandbox PvP in a while, so it's no surprise PvP'ers landed here.

As far as "friendly" play goes, friendly doesn't mean you can be stupid. Rocket's "ANY FRIENDLIES IN CHERNO?" shirt made that perfectly clear.

repost:

Wild West Server (does all the work for you, go interact "meaningfully")

Wasteland Medics

Freeside Trading Co, join survivors, trade, help set up a city

Survivor Checkpoint between Cherno and Elektro

These are a few of the more unique things being done. There are also numerous anti-bandit clans, survivor clans, clans that help new spawns with morphine/blood/food/soda/water, solo players who avoid players via stealth, etc.

And if you must meet strangers in-game, do it like you would in a real zombie apocalypse. You wouldn't just walk up to a guy with a gun and yell "HI THERE FRIENDLY?"

Keep some degree of cover while you initiate conversation. Have a friend on overwatch in case the situation goes bad. Test the waters; turn your back and use alt-look to see where he's aiming, chat him up and see if his responses lag like he's also talking in some VOIP (with his REAL group), see if he's trying to lead you into a trap.

Granted, there could be more features implemented to help survivors make cities, establish communication via radio, leave "posters" in-game advertising player cities, friendly clan protocols, meeting points/times for friendlies, etc. so you don't have to meta, but joining the right server + TS really isn't asking too much (or any more than the meta required to check the server lobby for an open-but-full server with decent ping)

Talk to your friends on steam.

Americans are jerks wherever you are, best get used to it.

Talk to your friends on steam.

Americans are jerks wherever you are' date=' best get used to it.

[/quote']

Heres the funny thing.... im american lol. Its quite disappointing to see how horrible people are.

Yes us Amerikanz are all jerks.

/American Servers often get invaded by Russian server raid parties gg bro.

It's people in general QQ and quit if you want but don't be another hipster all americans suck kid.

feel free to get ACE mod and get hang with rather mature and organized arma communities.