Sign in to follow this  
I like doing great suggestions

Vital organs

Vital organs:

the bullets can kill you instantly depending on what part it hits of your chest:

lungs:player will die in 5 minutes for internal bleeding and trouble with breathing.

heart:instant death

neck/throath:instant death

same thing for animals

Realistically in a DayZ scenario aka no advanced medical treatment being available most gunshot wounds to the torso would be fatal. You'd have to be very lucky and hit with a right type of bullet to make it out alive.

Hunting bullets are soft and expand on impact meaning massive tissue damage, extensive internal bleeding and shock from the impact itself would kill if not outright than in minutes. (source: I hunt big game with .308 and 30-06) If those bullets are strong enough to drop a 300kg dear where it stands they'll definitely drop a human. 

Military bullets are generally FMJ and smaller calibre which means they have a better penetration but far less expansion and while that's good for targets wearing body armour or being behind door some other cover it also means that the bullet can hit a soft target and exit the other side doing little damage. Most damage from the bullet comes not from it poking holes in you but rather the kinetic energy being transferred from the bullet to your body. If a bullet doesn't expand and exits the body it takes most of that energy with it. So unless it hits vital organs and the bleeding can be stopped you can survive the shot. If you got lucky and the bullet travelled via the cavities between organs and major blood vessels you could see another day, maybe even without external help. 

• Like 1
  • Beans 1

On 10/30/2023 at 7:11 PM, General Zod said:

Realistically in a DayZ scenario aka no advanced medical treatment being available most gunshot wounds to the torso would be fatal. You'd have to be very lucky and hit with a right type of bullet to make it out alive.

Hunting bullets are soft and expand on impact meaning massive tissue damage, extensive internal bleeding and shock from the impact itself would kill if not outright than in minutes. (source: I hunt big game with .308 and 30-06) If those bullets are strong enough to drop a 300kg dear where it stands they'll definitely drop a human. 

Military bullets are generally FMJ and smaller calibre which means they have a better penetration but far less expansion and while that's good for targets wearing body armour or being behind door some other cover it also means that the bullet can hit a soft target and exit the other side doing little damage. Most damage from the bullet comes not from it poking holes in you but rather the kinetic energy being transferred from the bullet to your body. If a bullet doesn't expand and exits the body it takes most of that energy with it. So unless it hits vital organs and the bleeding can be stopped you can survive the shot. If you got lucky and the bullet travelled via the cavities between organs and major blood vessels you could see another day, maybe even without external help. 

You have some good experience on this but, ur saying that there is already a system of body damage on dayz or you are adding a suggestion in to a suggestion? 

1 hour ago, I like doing great suggestions said:

You have some good experience on this but, ur saying that there is already a system of body damage on dayz or you are adding a suggestion in to a suggestion? 

I'm adding to a suggestion, bullet wounds should depend on bullet type, .308 would be the high damage for players and animals where no armour is involved but with relatively low penetration for amour. 5.56 and 5.45 would be better for armoured player and players behind something like doors, but weaker against soft targets. Currently the only distinction I think there is the Headshot (the brain hitbox) Body and lastly Limb which can result in fracture. 

I do agree that bullet damage both short and long term should be reworked, gunshot wounds impact players for too short amount of time, unless you get a fracture, if you have a blood bag you'll recover from being shot in very little time which makes non fatal gunfights have almost no consequences. It should take far longer to recover from being shot even once with small calibre bullets. Being shot in a limb should case that limb to be very impaired at first, and then slowly progressing from severely to moderately to low to fully functional. Being shot in the torso should be a huge long term impediment. 

Edited by General Zod

I agree, they need to rework ballistics and the characters health system. It needs to be much more realistic. Need accurate weapon representation.