puffu

I'm bloody done with this deathmatch game

There's nothing "survival" about this game at all... whats the point of just staying away from everything and everyone? Might as well just make an offline singleplayer game where the goal is to avoid everything you see and hear, which would indeed be the dullest game in history.

What I thought I'd enjoy about this game is the possibilities of co-op since it's a multiplayer game but since in each and all of my lives so far.... every single player has killed me on sight, or if I had the chance to, I let them live and they chose to kill me as soon I held my back against them right after I spared them.

If this is a deathmatch game just say so, I could have saved my money and bought doom 3 or an unreal game...

This game must be made harder to survive "alone" so that players need eachother.

Simple as that.

Or I might be completely mistaken to have thought this was a survival coop game, then I am truly sorry, then this game surely has the right type of players and it is very interesting indeed, albeit not my type of game.

Try to survive by not going to Cherno or Electro. Go to the woods, raid barns and small towns. The coast is full of assholes who just kill each other all day.

Also: Search Button.

Alive Characters: 343,102

Survival Attempts: 10,174,596

Murders: 1,554,315

Bandits Alive: 63,383

Bandits killed: 267,964

Figured I would cut the bullshit and just link the stats, is there any evidence you can suggest otherwise that this is a 'deathmatch'?

You are a moron, plain and simple.

This game must be made harder to survive "alone" so that players need eachother.

Simple as that.

haha

I'm wondering whether or not you even played this game. IF you're complete geared up and at a loss for what to do then you have no imagination.

the game world is what the players make it. dislike deathmatch? organize a group through the forums or friends in real life, lock down an area in one server. communicate code of conduct rules for that specific area (lower weapons, do not aim directly at anyone in the area, etc) to people and then use whatever force is necessary to enforce those rules. if this is not a good enough solution, i wish you luck in your future gaming endeavors.

relevant posts by rocket:

http://dayzmod.com/forum/showthread.php?tid=588&pid=7100#pid7100

http://dayzmod.com/forum/showthread.php?tid=7740&pid=71760#pid71760

http://dayzmod.com/forum/showthread.php?tid=7740&pid=71711#pid71711

http://dayzmod.com/forum/showthread.php?tid=7740&pid=71702#pid71702

http://dayzmod.com/forum/showthread.php?tid=7740&pid=71670#pid71670

http://dayzmod.com/forum/showthread.php?tid=588&pid=9431#pid9431

http://dayzmod.com/forum/showthread.php?tid=5602&pid=62210#pid62210

http://dayzmod.com/forum/showthread.php?tid=7740&pid=71820#pid71820

Dude, it is all about waht u make out of the game. there 'll be awful moments of frustration, u 'llget killed by bandits without warning and u may get saved by survivors... thats just how the game is. I just got killed with my 2 day old character and i had just a lee einfeld and som morphine...they killed me for the lulz, but who cares. tomorrow i play again and loot the shit outta they camp and may just kill one of them. just be imaginative.

err guys, op is actually right that this is dm with zombies. at current mod state atleast. arguments about "you should go on forum / get friends playing with you" are invalid. game must be okay without having to drag frinds / use forum etc. what break immersion.

i personally loneywolfing all the time, so thats not a problem for me.

earlier with bandits/survivours skins it was a bit better, since survivours were grouping together rather easy, not perfect ofcause but still, so it wasn't like kill on sight all the time.

ofcause there is no need in bandits skins but there should be some rpg mechanics, or rather dangerous environment. atm mod really lack the need of cooperation. thats the main problem.

err guys' date=' op is actually right that this is dm with zombies. at current mod state atleast. arguments about "you should go on forum / get friends playing with you" are invalid. game must be okay without having to drag frinds / use forum etc. what break immersion.

earlier with bandits/survivours skins it was a bit better, since survivours were grouping together rather easy, not perfect ofcause but still, so it wasn't like kill on sight all the time.

""""""""""""""""""ofcause there is no need in bandits skins but there should be some rpg mechanics, or rather dangerous environment. atm mod really lack the need of cooperation. thats the main problem."""""""""""""

[/quote']

Thank you, this is my point exactly

you speak the truth op, you cant do anything without atracting bandits, so what you do is run around with an axe all the time, which is fing stupid...

err guys' date=' op is actually right that this is dm with zombies. at current mod state atleast. arguments about "you should go on forum / get friends playing with you" are invalid. game must be okay without having to drag frinds / use forum etc. what break immersion.

ofcause there is no need in bandits skins but there should be some rpg mechanics, or rather dangerous environment. atm mod really lack the need of cooperation. thats the main problem.

[/quote']

how or why are they invalid? that was the original intent of the mod from the start, the players make the game, the dev's do not want to nor should they enforce rules or script in rules to encourage or discourage player behavior. read the quotes i posted (that are broken cause i'm retarded and will fix after posting this), they are from ages ago.

i guess i'll copy/paste relevant snippets to make this easier:

"Are people so used to games shoving rules, tasks, stories down their throats that they can't handle it when something doesn't? Or would you like a world where the players actually get to do this? Not a structured and controlled environment that is "dressed up" as post-apocalyptic?

I hear what everyone is saying, and yes - its cruel and unsporting when you get killed 10 seconds into the game. But that's what this is, it is brutal, it is cruel. This is not fair. Maybe you will hate this game. Maybe you already do. It is an unforgiving environment with no structure. It is up to you to decide what to do next."

"The bad guys are doing way fucking better at this game than the good guys. Because the good guys keep coming on the forums to post how the bad guys win.

Why do we regard heroes so highly? Why do we praise people for doing the right thing? Because it is fucking hard, because it easier to be a dickhead.

I think maybe you guys are too used to "balance" and the game simply supporting your choice to play in a certain way."

"It is madenning for me that you guys see something unbalanced and you instantly think something needs to be changed in the game.

No.

You need to change to the new environment. EA and blizzard aren't here to balance the fuck out of the game. You're going to have to do that yourselves.

Jesus it's like weening someone off herion."

"This IS stupid. So do something about it. Posting "aw everyone kills everyone" on the forums is what people have been doing for ages. Has it worked? NO. So try something else. I see a few groups are doing different stuff, and they're keeping quiet about it. It's obvious from the database those people who are adjusting to the "anti-game" environment and those who aren't.

I don't have the resources or the inclination to balance the game, or develop some kind of punishment system. So that just ain't going to happen, even if it was within the scope of the project (and its not).

So the DayZ world has gone to shit? Good. We're on track then. Because its a fucking Zombie Apocalypse."

all from rocket.

to start you off.

When the mod first became popular you could co-op with a few folks in-game because everyone was just experimenting with a new mod and you had the bandit skins. The way the mod is now if you want to play with anyone you'll have to arrange it before going into the game. There are plenty of folks looking for teammates in the forums but it is nearly impossible to make a trustworthy teammate in-game.

However, some people enjoy the DM aspect of it and others like myself still enjoy the lone wolf style. The style of play you are looking for is possible, you'll just have to make arrangements ahead of time. Have some patience.

arguments about "you should go on forum / get friends playing with you" are invalid. game must be okay without having to drag frinds / use forum etc. what break immersion.

It is no more effort than paging through the server lobby and finding a server that isn't full and has decent ping. "Breaking immersion" has become code for "I want the game to be PvE friendly." You want the solution? Here it is:

Wild West Server (does all the work for you' date=' go interact "meaningfully")

Wasteland Medics

Freeside Trading Co, join survivors, trade, help set up a city

Survivor Checkpoint between Cherno and Elektro

These are a few of the more unique things being done. There are also numerous anti-bandit clans, survivor clans, clans that help new spawns with morphine/blood/food/soda/water, solo players who avoid players via stealth, etc.

And if you must meet strangers in-game, do it like you would in a real zombie apocalypse. You wouldn't just walk up to a guy with a gun and yell "HI THERE FRIENDLY?"

Keep some degree of cover while you initiate conversation. Have a friend on overwatch in case the situation goes bad. Test the waters; turn your back and use alt-look to see where he's aiming, chat him up and see if his responses lag like he's also talking in some VOIP (with his REAL group), see if he's trying to lead you into a trap.

Granted, there could be more features implemented to help survivors make cities, establish communication via radio, leave "posters" in-game advertising player cities, friendly clan protocols, meeting points/times for friendlies, etc. so you don't have to meta, but joining the right server + TS really isn't asking too much (or any more than the meta required to check the server lobby for an open-but-full server with decent ping)

It's a death match game. Don't try to sugarcoat it. If you don't know your partner in real life you can't trust them in this game. Sooner or later that bitch you befriended in a fucking forum will shoot you in the face and take your shit. Don't trust anyone. Been there, done that.

It's an unbalanced mod with all the perks going to the murderers. Apparently that's the way "they" want it. Deal with it or don't play.

Find a friend, and the game becomes a whole lot less serious, and takes off some stress.

You die and you go "eh, come find me bro, I spawned in ______".

You die alone and you go: "RAGEQUIT"

Right, to respond to that let me just say that in reality, if that's what this game is trying to achieve "realism", this is simply a "game" and nothing else, nomatter how you put it, nobody is ever going to think of it as anything else than just sitting behind a screen "safely" and just do what they see fit.

As in all deathmatch games, it's all and always been about killing other players, possibly finding loot, this game just so happens to currently use the pavlovs drooling dog theory "FORCING" players to kill other players for their loot giving them the upper hand.

In reality, evolutionarily, all bandits have effectively wiped themselves out since being a bandit is not an effective way to uphold the survival of a specie.

Hence why we today "in real life" are living together effectively helping eachother out instead.

If this mod is ever going to be realistic, this is what it should reflect and it needs to force it, otherwise it will never in it's lifetime be a "realistic" game but simply just a "death match game".

I rest my case.

arguments about "you should go on forum / get friends playing with you" are invalid. game must be okay without having to drag frinds / use forum etc. what break immersion.

Wild West Server (does all the work for you' date=' go interact "meaningfully")

Wasteland Medics

Freeside Trading Co, join survivors, trade, help set up a city

Survivor Checkpoint between Cherno and Elektro

These are a few of the more unique things being done. There are also numerous anti-bandit clans, survivor clans, clans that help new spawns with morphine/blood/food/soda/water, solo players who avoid players via stealth, etc.

Also, taxis, kidnappings, nonlethal robbers, musicians, MASH units, new player guide services, and before long I expect to see guided hunting trips/safaris.

the game world is what the players make it. dislike deathmatch? organize a group through the forums or friends in real life' date=' lock down an area in one server. communicate code of conduct rules for that specific area (lower weapons, do not aim directly at anyone in the area, etc) to people and then use whatever force is necessary to enforce those rules. if this is not a good enough solution, i wish you luck in your future gaming endeavors.

[/quote']

This

Right' date=' to respond to that let me just say that in reality, if that's what this game is trying to achieve "realism", this is simply a "game" and nothing else, nomatter how you put it, nobody is ever going to think of it as anything else than just sitting behind a screen "safely" and just do what they see fit.

As in all deathmatch games, it's all and always been about killing other players, possibly finding loot, this game just so happens to currently use the pavlovs drooling dog theory "FORCING" players to kill other players for their loot giving them the upper hand.

In reality, evolutionarily, all bandits have effectively wiped themselves out since being a bandit is not an effective way to uphold the survival of a specie.

Hence why we today "in real life" are living together effectively helping eachother out instead.

If this mod is ever going to be realistic, this is what it should reflect and it needs to force it, otherwise it will never in it's lifetime be a "realistic" game but simply just a "death match game".

I rest my case.

[/quote']

it is supposed to be an authentic (not realistic) antigame art piece mod (not game)for arma 2 designed to invoke emotions it its players, with frustration being quite high on the list of emotions. i'd supply quotes, but i gotta run. they're not hard to find though.

Fed up with this game tonight too, keep getting killed on sights by bandits who are well armed or when i had a bus just got shot whilst in the middle of no where....

@p1n34l: you really missed my point. most likely you didn't even read what i wrote. okay, since we had to deal with people who can't read/think i will explain it.

"how or why are they invalid? that was the original intent of the mod from the start, "

it wasn't original intent from start that people can group up only on forum or with friends irl.

what was here before:

the charm was always that you try to survive, encounter random strangers and that was fun. sometimes they killed you, sometimes you were hanging and making a group just from random guys, go for some better loot, encounter another group of random players and kill each other or keep it civil. that was thrilling.

this is how game should actually work, but with recent hype and people using ts, skype/whatever this breaking immersion completely. and this is not the way mod should work like.

"the players make the game, the dev's do not want to nor should they enforce rules or script in rules to encourage or discourage player behavior."

ofcause, i'm all up for players make their game, but there is nothing to make at the moment: a tent, cars, heli. and thats all.

you can't do much here. try out Warfare mission for Arma. jsut to give you an idea that players should be able to build their own camps / fortification and stuff and stuff. RPG element is essencial if you imply that game is zombie survivour simulator. i'm not talking about classes but some basic crafting/building will be quite handy. atm the game is empty and you can't do much. thats it, no matter if you think otherwise. try other mods then dayz. even some crappy RP servers chenarus life or takistan life to have an idea what can be implemented here.

when person tell that dayz is great and stuff it means that he never experienced other arma game modes and mods. i'm not even talking about milsim part,

may be if you never experienced arma, dayz may be somethig eyeopening for you, but the true is that dayz is quite mediocre compared to what you can find out here, but people keep turning fanboy mode on and don't want to try anything else. your choise. i don't care less.

to make this mod good there should be more features, and not only survival mechanics.

"read the quotes i posted (that are broken cause i'm retarded and will fix after posting this), they are from ages ago."

i'm around here for quite awhile so i read all of these quotes, no need to c/p it over and over again, better learn to read and understand what other people mean in their posts rather then "start me off" with quotes, since it doesn't help the case of current discussion.

the game is empty right now. survival mechanics + dm. nothing more or less. thats a fact. try other mods RP mods for example and you will see that dayz have petential to be something good.

and yeah, i'm against using ts/skype/side channel since it breaks immersion.

to clarify, by pavlovs drooling dog theory I mean the theory where pavlov made the dog drool whenever a bell was rung, since after each time the bell rung the dog was awarded with food...

In this game in relation, the player is always awarded by seeing a player, by killing him/her and recieving loot in place of the food.

As much as this forces the dog to drool as it hears the bell, it too forces the human player to shoot the player that he/she sees, as food is a strong incentive. Which could very well be compared to loot for a player.

What I am saying is that wether or not the developers intended for this, they are plain forcing ALL to kill every single player they see by conditioning them with the loot rewards.

Just like pavlov did with his drooling dogs.

It is funny that people believe in an "end of the world" scenario you wouldn't just be killed for no reason. We do that NOW with the world in relatively good shape. People killing you just because you; believe something different, look different, have something they want, looked at them wrong, cut them off, took their parking space, trolled them on Face Book, and many other reasons that seem valid to the killer. Now imagine no laws where resources are scarce. Do you think all the killing will be lessened? Crazy optimist is crazy.

A death match is everyone killing everyone. Not "everyone" is killing. I have found plenty of people that wanted to group up to survive and find the good stuff. Sure I have been shot in the back a few times, however still find those that get what they want then say "thanks" and go about their day. If you remember the name you can see them again in a server and know they are one to trust. Eventually you will have a nice list of names where you can bring them all together and start a campfire swapping stories over beans and Pepsi.

the game world is what the players make it. dislike deathmatch? organize a group through the forums or friends in real life' date=' lock down an area in one server. communicate code of conduct rules for that specific area (lower weapons, do not aim directly at anyone in the area, etc) to people and then use whatever force is necessary to enforce those rules. if this is not a good enough solution, i wish you luck in your future gaming endeavors.

[/quote']

I love how Rocket deals with people :D He's cutthroat. lol.

Alive Characters: 343' date='102

Survival Attempts: 10,174,596

Murders: 1,554,315

Bandits Alive: 63,383

Bandits killed: 267,964

Figured I would cut the bullshit and just link the stats, is there any evidence you can suggest otherwise that this is a 'deathmatch'?

You are a moron, plain and simple.

[/quote']

It's one thing to list stats to prove something which is already obvious (you're wrong). It's another to call someone an idiot. So far only you have given a reason to be labeled as one.