Sign in to follow this  
BozBoz

low in game fps in cities

Hey everyone, I'm running a server on a VPS with a xeon e5 4 cores and 14 GB of ram and an ssd. i use OmegaManager and server tickrate is around 7500 with no one in. I have low fps in game in major cities even with one player. My in game fps is high outside cities.  I'm running 17 mods. No expansion and no building mods just some survival related mods for a hardcore server. Can anyone help please?

Edited by BozBoz

12 hours ago, BozBoz said:

Hey everyone, I'm running a server on a VPS with a xeon e5 4 cores and 14 GB of ram and an ssd. i use OmegaManager and server tickrate is around 7500 with no one in. I have low fps in game in major cities even with one player. My in game fps is high outside cities.  I'm running 17 mods. No expansion and no building mods just some survival related mods for a hardcore server. Can anyone help please?

No matter of server. Matter of configuration of loot system. Each loot object that located on the town location is eating some fps and memory, same as network speed. When you're near by 1 building in range of 10km (big network bouble) you will have most hight FPS, but if you have 1000 buildings in range of 10km you'll have lowest fps, because of may buildings (each has own state, loot spawned positions and state itself). All of it shall be synchronised between clients (players) nearby. So that's why the game has low fps in huge towns.

Idk but dayz has cpucount (aka core count) and extthreads (logical cores in windows task manager). Depends on virtual machine confirmation (yeah you're running in vm on servers) you have own restrictions that may heckin up everything around the game also same as good way to grub more doshes from users... Try to configure server correctly that might be helpful.

12 hours ago, Sid Debian said:

No matter of server. Matter of configuration of loot system. Each loot object that located on the town location is eating some fps and memory, same as network speed. When you're near by 1 building in range of 10km (big network bouble) you will have most hight FPS, but if you have 1000 buildings in range of 10km you'll have lowest fps, because of may buildings (each has own state, loot spawned positions and state itself). All of it shall be synchronised between clients (players) nearby. So that's why the game has low fps in huge towns.

Idk but dayz has cpucount (aka core count) and extthreads (logical cores in windows task manager). Depends on virtual machine confirmation (yeah you're running in vm on servers) you have own restrictions that may heckin up everything around the game also same as good way to grub more doshes from users... Try to configure server correctly that might be helpful.

Thanks for your reply. Any tips on how to configure it correctly? Is there smething I can change within server configuration to help performance?

15 hours ago, BozBoz said:

Thanks for your reply. Any tips on how to configure it correctly? Is there smething I can change within server configuration to help performance?

Let's see.

1st you shall add next lines to startup parameters:

"-cpuCount=X" where X amount of cores. (If you has RDP access to the server run the Task Manager, open the tab "Performance" and find string named: "Cores". That value shall be setted into cpuCount argument.)

"-exThreads=X" where X is amount of threads per core (you may find that value on same Performance page it called: "Logical Processors", place it inside exThreads).

That one is the best that may help you with startup parameters.

2nd "extra suspicious file": open file "dayzsetting.xml", it's located inside of root directory of your DayZ server right near the DayZServer_x64.exe,

Find next lines:

~14: <pc maxcores="X", WHERE maxcores is extThreads value - 1 (we make it for reservation of cores if something badly wend off).

It's the best with "tricky stuff".

Last I suggest you to check out the "serverDZ.cfg" or how you named it i just don't know, check that you have all special variables setted, so get to Google or Duckduckgo or whatever search system you preffer and find the latest version by Bohemia Interactive. It will help you to solve some stuff around, sake as they keep that information live for current stable build, to give hand for server owners.

I hope that might help you to solve you problem.

Also you may try to set Hight Priority to DayZSetver process through the Registry, but i think that you can't do that (will not be permitted).

Also if you are using the "start" cmd inside the Batch File, you may include "/high" option - the task would be started with hight priority

Shall be something like:

start /high DayZServer_x64.exe {blahblahblah}

I hope it will help you a little.