Kyiara

1.23 Experimental Release

Greetings, survivors!
We’re excited to announce the start of the experimental phase for upcoming major game update 1.23! The build is now available on Steam and Xbox, and a full list of changes can be found on our forums. Meanwhile, we’ve prepared this article to outline all the aspects of the update that we’d like to get your feedback on.

Read the full article here.

PC changelog

Xbox changelog

Support_Pic_for_EXP_1.23_23.jpg

• Like 1

Console players need the ability to customize controller layout. The current button binds are insufficient. I want to put the lean buttons as L3 and R3 with a toggle option (option not to hold button). The hold breath button should also have a toggle option. With the current button layout, I don’t even use the lean buttons because they are L1 and R1. I don’t play with my middle fingers, I think most console players feel this way. No other game I have ever played placed the lean buttons as L1 and R1. It’s just flat out a terrible controller button layout. Please address this problem in one of the future updates. Thanks.

• Like 1

Why don't you guys just get some of the community modders working on the game clearly they're the better choice of devs seeming what they have been able to make without the modder community this game would still be a hot pile of trash

Love the new update, just had a quick question though. There is currently a bug in which keyboard and mouse players on console is not able to use left mouse button, middle mouse button, or right mouse button. I believe that this was caused recently by either a patch or small update. I really hope to hear back to see if this was known or is currently being fixed

Stop shutting away specific guns in the gas zones, gas zones should guarantee a rare weapon but that weapon should be avaliable in military places or heli crashes just at a very low rate. There is nothing less fun than having to find a suit and mask and then carry that around for a few hours, its super boring and not many people are doing it. REWORK IT

• Beans 2

1 hour ago, chaos_shadow009 said:

With the new update coming out. Will there be a character and server wipe?

Should be, because the map changes.

• Sad 1

Where's the Harris bipod that literally is supposed to come with the M14 DMR? You have a model of it, it's in the files, why isn't it on the rifle or at least, able to be fitted to the rifle?

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Johnny Georgopoulos said:

Where's the Harris bipod that literally is supposed to come with the M14 DMR? You have a model of it, it's in the files, why isn't it on the rifle or at least, able to be fitted to the rifle?

They don't have a bipod system in this game. Even when the ATLAS bipod was in in Alpha it didn't really do much, deployed or not. That's why it doesn't spawn anymore nor do any weapons take it - if they ever decide to work further on deploying weapons for firing stability we may see it return!

10 hours ago, skyehighsymes said:

Why don't you guys just get some of the community modders working on the game clearly they're the better choice of devs seeming what they have been able to make without the modder community this game would still be a hot pile of trash

There are multiple standalone modders who now work at Bohemia - and Adam himself started off as a modder for Arma and DayZ mod.

8 hours ago, Sneakyplace3473 said:

Unable to get connection to experimental servers (Pc)

I keep having the same issue where I'm unable to connect to any server on experimental, this has been the second day now,  and still to no avail
(Devs) please look into this as I have come across many others having the same issues.
Thanks!

Edited by pj slasher
missed typo

On 10/6/2023 at 9:03 AM, pj slasher said:

I keep having the same issue where I'm unable to connect to any server on experimental, this has been the second day now,  and still to no avail
(Devs) please look into this as I have come across many others having the same issues.
Thanks!

@everyone for the third day,  myself, and some friends who are all in the UK can not do whatever we have tried getting into the new experimental 1.23 servers are there others who are having this problem.?
We keep getting this connection, see pic. Could,  Bohemia,  or someone please help us with this matter?  
KYC7kGN.png

Edited by pj slasher
typo
  • Beans 1

44 minutes ago, pj slasher said:

Could,  Bohemia,  or someone please help us with this matter?  

It's the weekend, be patient. They'll probably fix it early next week.

Everyone else has the same issue so just keep trying to get in, it might take a while but it should work eventually.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, pj slasher said:

@everyone for the third day,  myself, and some friends who are all in the UK can not do whatever we have tried getting into the new experimental 1.23 servers are there others who are having this problem.?
We keep getting this connection, see pic. Could,  Bohemia,  or someone please help us with this matter?  
KYC7kGN.png

You are not missing out. After trying for a while and getting this error too I finally got in. It is so insanely laggy that there is no point in even playing. I tried official servers and spaggies experimental, they are litterally a slideshow and everything has a delay of at least a second.

18 minutes ago, Pyongo Bongo said:

You are not missing out. After trying for a while and getting this error too I finally got in. It is so insanely laggy that there is no point in even playing. I tried official servers and spaggies experimental, they are litterally a slideshow and everything has a delay of at least a second.

https://imgur.com/a/HIjep8o

• Haha 3

On 10/5/2023 at 7:26 PM, chaos_shadow009 said:

With the new update coming out. Will there be a character and server wipe?

On 10/5/2023 at 9:12 PM, Aleksei Pankov said:

Should be, because the map changes.

14 hours ago, WOLVERlNES said:

Will there be a wipe when 1.23 goes live for Livonia Official Servers?

Hi, as Aleksei mentioned, the map wipe is slightly obvious due the the map changes. More info will follow closer to the update.

On 10/7/2023 at 9:04 PM, Shal3RNO said:

When there will be stable version for Linux ?

Sorry, I dont have any info. But I i wll check If there is any update I could share.

19 hours ago, Sammie Edwards said:

Can we get a new map on console please 🥺

Console has nothing to do with it, there’s two official DayZ maps: Chernarus & Livonia. It doesn’t matter if you’re playing on console or PC.

Anything else is a 3rd party mod on PC, not created nor supported by Bohemia.

• Like 1

On 10/5/2023 at 8:43 PM, Lasyen said:

They don't have a bipod system in this game. Even when the ATLAS bipod was in in Alpha it didn't really do much, deployed or not. That's why it doesn't spawn anymore nor do any weapons take it - if they ever decide to work further on deploying weapons for firing stability we may see it return!

Too much Arma confusing the bipod models and the years it's been missing from SA, excuse my slip. They could easily add the bipods, key to deploy it, just as in Arma 3 and Reforger and Mod. No speed loaders, no bipods, still haven't returned leather crafting and leather clothing, still no base building besides a fence, no birds, boats, or planes(even though they behave better than wheeled), still missing over 20 individual weapons from pre-renderer swap, and those shown to us and promised to be added "by time stable arrives". But they have time for sound changes that people have been used to for damn near a decade, changing melee and blade damage that again, were literally fine for forever.... seriously, "DayZ" has been the Pinnacle for over a decade, with less than it had in the last DayZ Mod update (let alone DayZ Epoch, Origins, Overwatch ECT), but they really do nothing to add QoL additions, no end game content, no promises kept.... remember turning out of vehicles? Trees falling from vehicle strikes? Chainsaw to tree to log to V3S to the lumber mill strictly to prepare planks? Remember "at least parity with Mod".....Rust and Scum, literal copies of DayZ in the beginning, are getting update after update of great content, hell, stuff we once had and were promised to return.... helicopters, planes, great base building, end game "missions" and stuff to stay occupied, electrical, irrigation, horticulture systems that make the tiny little stuff DayZ has look like a complete joke.... I mean, we don't even have Humanity anymore.... it's gear up, realize there's nothing left to do once there, kill, die, repeat. What ever happened to even fixing the completely broken "soft skills"?? We all know it's worthless, but it's completely broken AND worthless. Do they really need someone to remind them what we were supposed to have? What the competition has? They hired people for DayZ specifically, got an influx of Chinese money, got our money.... and we get a new can opening sound, and old gun without it's bipod or suppressor (great gun, nostalgic), and a hat.... yippee 🙄

• Thanks 1

On 10/5/2023 at 8:50 PM, Lasyen said:

There are multiple standalone modders who now work at Bohemia - and Adam himself started off as a modder for Arma and DayZ mod.

Yes, we've all known that since the day each one was hired, I'm specifically talking about turning some of the work over, similar to what BI did with A3, handing it over to outside teams to add in the stuff missing, because clearly, even though we all have similar sized dev teams, Rust and Scum, the competition, are receiving content that we either had and don't anymore, or were promised (and shown)and years later, still haven't seen. Seems a logical solution to me....or, hire someone to remind them what they were supposed to be accomplishing.

• Like 1
  • Beans 1

Hi everyone I think it would also be good for 1.23 to increase the durability of walls because they are too easy to destroy and pillage a base let's not forget in real life that it is not so easy to destroy a wall

I have a base and we undergo one raid per day we have everything stolen

another point when you throw a sheet of paper at a car or a wall it produces a noise like scrap metal

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Moha Delacaste said:

let's not forget in real life that it is not so easy to destroy a wall

If anything I feel like it's much easier to destroy a wooden wall irl than in the game.