Sign in to follow this  
Altman

player groups / holdings

It would be great to have a way to identify a group or an individual that belongs to a group.

I'm talking like a emblem or a color or a clothing item used to show you are friendly with other players...

This would encourage some grouping. I'd also like to group with others and eventually mark off an area as "ours" and defend and protect our things. Obvisouly it would make some people want to come and take the area from us and control its resources.

Other groups could infiltrate us and such try to trick us or gank our things.

I think these two things could add alot of depth to this mod. Even without a uniform areas can still be taken over.. but it would be hard for ther others to identify it as an area that is under a groups control.. and thus I don't think many people would actively try and attack it... I want to encourage this type of play I want someone to hold a property and another group to try and take it back and orgganize until they are able too.

Great idea. Maybe people could find different types of in-game clothing so they could identify the people in their group at range(i.e. everyone in group x wears a green shirt)And maybe a white flag could be like the universal friendly sign like the happy dance =).

Sounds good to me... I think it would be a cool feature and tool for the players...

I'm not sure how it could be done but I don't think it would be too hard.. there are already blue colored UN helmets and such in the game seems like changing somethings color should be easy.

Grouping Idea!!!

This is possible and grouping is what I was going to suggest. In missions like Domination for arma 2 you can go to a certain building that is coded to allow players to join groups. Once a player creates a group others can join it (obviously a system like zargabad life or island life would be better) in the Life missions you can create a gang and allow people to join or not. A password system could be coded in too so you need a password to join the group.

For the people who play on veteran, once you are in a group it changes your skin to one of the multitude available in Arma 2: CO so everyone in that group is wearing the same outfit and every group has a different uniform from eachother.. This would be because in Veteran difficulty you dont have hud markers to tell you where or who your other group members are.

Last night we raided Stary Sobor 12 deep, after a while of staying disciplined other players wandered in and it got chaotic. This group idea would help identify friend from foe. Since its harder in game to tell than it would be in real life, obviously there would be more outfits in a zombie apacalypse than there are player skins in DayZ.