Sign in to follow this  
GreGorYck

To all server admins

I am currently renting a server which is based in america, and I am become seriously frustrated with an issue which may cause me to cancel my payments to the provider and give up trying with this game.

This is not another ranting post, I am just looking for opinions here.

My team and I are playing quite a lot at the moment and we recover vehicles regularly. For the first 3 weeks of having our server we were able to go about our business...killing...looting and having fun. Eventually we had enough equipment to justify having our own camp...so we built one. It turned into a tent city and finally someone found it! We had a massive fight for it which lasted hours and we a lot of fun !

Eventually there was a low point in the fighting and we decided to evacuate our remaining vehicles. A group of Russians appeared on the server while our massive fight was going on but they were not involved in the hostilities. We moved our vehicles when the server was quiet and set up shop in a good spot about 13km from the old camp. We logged out for the night. One of our members logged on early the next morning (less than 6 hours later) and discovered that all of our vehicles were missing again and our few tents had been looted.

Acceptable. It happens :)

So we went looking in the hills and recovered 3 of our lost vehicles that looked as if they had been abandoned, and one at a big camp. We moved our vehicles and made another camp, again, well hidden miles from the old one. We logged out for the night. I personally checked in the morning (about 7 hours later) and all of our vehicles were gone again.

So, we went up into the hills again and found the URAL. We moved it into a group of trees while we were the only ones on the server, very late at night. I logged in the next morning (less than 4 hours later) to find that only this Russian clan were on the server and once again, the vehicle was missing.

I am getting sick of this, I know there is something fishy going on, but I cant do anything about it. We are also finding a lot of people with hacked weapons, such as PDW SD's (screenshots available with names if necessary).

Perhaps the only way to stop this from happening is to shut down our server for good?

Looks like you're gonna have to pull an all-nighter to see what's going on ;).

Yeah, that might help. Happened to us too.. But they decided to leave. Just hang in there, they'll get bored and stop or leave. (Hopefully)

Don't get attached to the gear. This is it. We just abandoned whole "camp" idea for now and got few extra characters to save most essential stuff like NVG at their packs :D

A group of Russians appeared on the server [...]

Not surprised at all, I think if I had a server I would ban all Russian IPs. Yes I have prejudice because of so many prior bad experiences with many (not all) Russian players in online gaming. I used to host QW/Q2/Q3 servers and it was a problem then and still is that way or is even worse.

its disgusting when server admins horde all of the vehicles/loot to themselves and there friends and think there entitled.

A group of Russians appeared on the server [...]

Not surprised at all' date=' I think if I had a server I would ban all Russian IPs. Yes I have prejudice because of so many prior bad experiences with many (not all) Russian players in online gaming. I used to host QW/Q2/Q3 servers and it was a problem then and still is that way or is even worse.

[/quote']

You sir are insulting me with your racism. Just so you know.

this is not about entitlement, this is about weeding out cheaters, but thank you for your intelligent contribution Ballistixz

its disgusting when server admins horde all of the vehicles/loot to themselves and there friends and think there entitled.

You act like being an admin gives them an advantage here... anyone can horde vehicles.

Don't forget this is a big game 400,000 players

Don't think just because you found the ultimate camp site that none of the 400,000 people and their clans thought of the same place

Chances are someone or some people who had a similar camp site logged out of their home server on to yours and your camp was in the same place

after careful consideration we have decided to stop paying for our server, we are powerless to do anything against these people without a backlash from the community. Trying to win against hackers is like playing tick tack toe, the only way to win is not to play :)

after careful consideration we have decided to stop paying for our server' date=' we are powerless to do anything against these people without a backlash from the community. Trying to win against hackers is like playing tick tack toe, the only way to win is not to play :)

[/quote']

If it's an east coast server, you can implement an auto-kick for ping over 175 or whatever and deal with them that way. AFAIK this is an acceptable rule for admins to enforce.

after careful consideration we have decided to stop paying for our server' date=' we are powerless to do anything against these people without a backlash from the community. Trying to win against hackers is like playing tick tack toe, the only way to win is not to play :)

[/quote']

True. Sadly. But to each his own. In our case we just bought another server and few extra characters I mentioned earlier. I hope situation will change over time because cheating and exploiting ruins everything. This is happened in Arma I and was fixed only by implementation of private servers. Where you play only with people you know/trust. Other than that - you can't stop them. They will always find a way to cheat.

its called a map hax i reported a guy for using one everything shows up on his map vehicles, people weapons, everything.

Going to have to face reality. Saying some "Russians" are hackers does not mean they all are. Infact if you watch Youtube, most of the hacker videos are Americans, selling their hacks.

Russia, Ukraine, etc...are on different time zone, when you go to bed, they are waking up. So, yeah you going to be looted while you sleep. It happens.

Its hackers using the map hack just watch out for whos online when it happens, good thing to try is switch profiles so they think you logged off and wait 15-30 minutes keep jumping on server to see whos online. After a few days it should be obvious whos doing it and just ban them.

We did that and have since had any problems having our camp raided its been 2 weeks now.

there was just another independent post about this very same thing on my server, we believe we have contained the problem without issuing bans.

Thank you septuscap for your suggestion

there was just another independent post about this very same thing on my server' date=' we believe we have contained the problem without issuing bans.

Thank you septuscap for your suggestion

[/quote']

Glad to hear you could get everything settled.

Wish you could've caught them in the act, though. Normally, I wouldn't call it H4X, but 3 different camps in 3 different locations, with everything gone every single time, is a little fishy.

You found their camps' date=' who's to say they couldn't find yours just as easy?

[/quote']

He didn't ever say he found the camps. He found vehicles that appeared to be abandoned.

loads of people are using this so called "map Hack"

some brazen fuck even came onto our teamspeak server and started telling everyone where all the cars tents and players where, how i do not know but he was 100% spot on on positions...

Whats the point seriously, if you dont like the game dont play it, why ruin it for everyone else, fucking does my head in.

Agree with machoman; Was a frequent player on his server and even drove a pick-up for an hour out of the map and it was still gone less than 6 hours later when i logged in..

Counter-hacking should be the new priority for DayZ dev's.