damca

Do the devs actually read this forum?

7 hours ago, damca said:

title

Answer is damn simple.

Devs are devs they have a tasks, jobs and other important things, I bet - they have no time to waste on forums.

I guess that main idea of that forums was in helping new players and give useful information same as information exchange around players.

There's no point to keep here the game developers because if there's an game issue the start a ticket on the bug tracker, if you tired from cheaters - say hi to BE devs they actually shall cares about security of game process is it's basics i guess the game devs are adapting game structures for operate with BE another situation that BE do nothing instead of ban jacks that blowing minds of fine players and gave to 'em the best chance to send that game to the hell. Another story is such folks like me that's told what's they think about and not trying to hide anything or say it's just a bit softer then it used to be. So in real i think that devs didn't and wouldn't been read this forums.

There's others who may give information to the devs it's a kind of my guess but for example: Kyiara. (I guess, but wouldn't bet on it) If she meets a good idea, she may transfer it to the devs and some day we'll seen the results in future game updates.

So basically you shall understand the problem of your question(s) and try to find where should you place that question. If it's kind of bug/error/issue with the game - welcome to the Bug Tracker, if it's kind of question that how can i make something of to do something how lep me with... then start the question in right part of this forums and community maybe could help you. I bet that there's may other fine players and not such jackasses like me that might help you to find a correct answer for you.

Withy regards 🙂

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

3 hours ago, Sid Debian said:

Answer is damn simple.

Devs are devs they have a tasks, jobs and other important things, I bet - they have no time to waste on forums.

I guess that main idea of that forums was in helping new players and give useful information same as information exchange around players.

There's no point to keep here the game developers because if there's an game issue the start a ticket on the bug tracker, if you tired from cheaters - say hi to BE devs they actually shall cares about security of game process is it's basics i guess the game devs are adapting game structures for operate with BE another situation that BE do nothing instead of ban jacks that blowing minds of fine players and gave to 'em the best chance to send that game to the hell. Another story is such folks like me that's told what's they think about and not trying to hide anything or say it's just a bit softer then it used to be. So in real i think that devs didn't and wouldn't been read this forums.

There's others who may give information to the devs it's a kind of my guess but for example: Kyiara. (I guess, but wouldn't bet on it) If she meets a good idea, she may transfer it to the devs and some day we'll seen the results in future game updates.

So basically you shall understand the problem of your question(s) and try to find where should you place that question. If it's kind of bug/error/issue with the game - welcome to the Bug Tracker, if it's kind of question that how can i make something of to do something how lep me with... then start the question in right part of this forums and community maybe could help you. I bet that there's may other fine players and not such jackasses like me that might help you to find a correct answer for you.

Withy regards 🙂

"I bet they have no time to waste on forums"

if you go back to the original creators of dean and matt lightfoot of the mod. they said they stayed up for hours reading the forums to see the things people were thinking about. but i doubt this is the case anymore.

• Like 2

i am skeptical and probably think they dont. i dont think ive ever seen a reply to a post recently from any of the devs here. just this person names "kiara" or something that i think is the one person watching this.

however i did see that they answered my bug tracker input pretty fast. but that is not a place to suggest things. which is unfortunate to say the least

On 8/26/2023 at 12:46 AM, lakevu said:

[cut]

however i did see that they answered my bug tracker input pretty fast.

[cut]

Well, you're in luck... they don't always respond. Try following the feedback site for a while, as you can only read the first page and not all the others (perhaps they have something to hide? ) and you will see that they don't always respond
And, sometimes, they respond but they DO NOT do what they say.
Watch this:
https://feedback.bistudio.com/T173493

😕

1 hour ago, Riddick_2K said:

as you can only read the first page and not all the others (perhaps they have something to hide? )

You can easily see everything that was posted by clicking "View all".
Here is the link of all the publicly available tickets:
https://feedback.bistudio.com/feed/?projectPHIDs=PHID-PROJ-id2pnnijm7azru2hyu4k

• Thanks 1

17 hours ago, Riddick_2K said:

Well, you're in luck... they don't always respond. Try following the feedback site for a while, as you can only read the first page and not all the others (perhaps they have something to hide? ) and you will see that they don't always respond
And, sometimes, they respond but they DO NOT do what they say.
Watch this:
https://feedback.bistudio.com/T173493

😕

i click on this and read through it. it seems like they said it was being fixed in future update. which doesnt seem unreasonable to me

On 8/28/2023 at 1:29 AM, lakevu said:

i click on this and read through it. it seems like they said it was being fixed in future update. which doesnt seem unreasonable to me

Yes, they said it would be fixed in one of the next updates, but this was in September of 2022. How many updates are needed just to enlarge a window? After almost a year I re-proposed the same problem and they didn't even reply.

🙄

Kyiara is the only one who bothers to answer, but it is clear that she is not the one who "commands", but only a go-between... and still luck that she is there, for what little she manages to do.

Thank you for this

10 hours ago, Riddick_2K said:

Yes, they said it would be fixed in one of the next updates, but this was in September of 2022. How many updates are needed just to enlarge a window? After almost a year I re-proposed the same problem and they didn't even reply.

🙄

if this is true. which i dont know if it is. i would say is a problem.

which the update schedule makes no sense to me. sometimes we go 3,4 even 5 months without an update. and to go that long to fix something so small is. irrational in my eyes

8 hours ago, Riddick_2K said:

Kyiara is the only one who bothers to answer, but it is clear that she is not the one who "commands", but only a go-between... and still luck that she is there, for what little she manages to do.

Thank you for this

i agree. from what ive seen this "kylara" person is the only one i ever see writing anything on here. which isnt much to begin with.

this is stark contrast to how the game use to be with the first creators of the mod that would spend countless amounts of time scouring the forums for ideas and communicating with people. now it seems that is gone

6 hours ago, lakevu said:

if this is true. which i dont know if it is. [cut]

Well, a few posts above I also put the link, and you replied that you read... it's all there.
Maybe you didn't read it right.
I put the link of my last ticket on that problem: https://feedback.bistudio.com/T173493
But if you read my last note well, you will see that it refers to the same problem that I had already reported, in fact, in April 2022 and I was answered in September 2022 which will be fixed in one of the next patch:
https://feedback.bistudio.com/T164263
And in any case, try scrolling through all the tickets... and see how many there is at least one answer.
And since the tickets are reports of game defects... and this should mainly be the work of the programmers, not the players... see how many times whoever reported a defect was at least thanked for the effort and time wasted reporting.
Here the "customer who pays / company that produces" relationship is being reversed... it almost seems that they are doing us a favor... in a little while we will also have to pay "us" to be able to report a defect to "them" of the game.
And all those who come to this forum (and also to all the other "social networks") to praise these programmers just for some new mask or handbag, only make this way of doing worse.
Has anyone noticed yet that it's an old game and still full of defects of all kinds? And that the main defects are not able to repair? And which are often not even "defects" but "desired characteristics"?!?
Is there still someone who has NOT figured this out?!?
And, while we're at it, with this new patch 1.22 my launcher doesn't work anymore !!!
I opened a ticket, we'll see.

🙁

On 8/26/2023 at 12:44 AM, lakevu said:

"I bet they have no time to waste on forums"

if you go back to the original creators of dean and matt lightfoot of the mod. they said they stayed up for hours reading the forums to see the things people were thinking about. but i doubt this is the case anymore.

Hi, the thing is, the devs rely heavily on the Feedback Tracker to prioritise tasks. If a particular ticket hasn't received a response, it's quite likely that the same issue has already been addressed under a different ticket number. It seems that people sometimes create new tickets without checking if the problem already exists. So, if you have any problems or suggestions, using the Feedback Tracker ensures that our developers are fully informed and engaged.
Regarding your mention of Dean and Matt, was that from around a decade ago? Nowadays, social media and other communication channels like Discord and Reddit have largely taken over (and trust me, the devs are present there - with their personal accounts)
Sid did a great job explaining the main purpose of the forum. Personally, I have a soft spot for forums — I grew up during that era. 😊 

We still go through the forum, but it's nearly impossible to cover every single topic. Many questions could easily be answered through a quick Google search or by other players, so we need to focus on the topics that require our direct attention and solutions. And we heavily communicate to use Feedback Tracker for anything that needs our immediate attention.

And If you feel like your issue is not being communicated well, please, feel free to DM me and I will have a look into that ticket and do my best to get is attention.
@Riddick_2K regarding your ticket, you can probably imagine it's not the highest priority but I am stepping on their toes 🤺❤️ At least the mushrooms should be solved now. 😉 (I think that was also you, If I am not mistaken). Ah and the launcher - I left you message here.

• Thanks 1

12 hours ago, Kyiara said:

to "prioritize tasks". 

Regarding your mention of Dean and Matt, was that from around a decade ago? Nowadays, social media and other communication channels like Discord and Reddit have largely taken over (and trust me, the devs are present there - with their personal accounts)

sure "prioritize tasks" but not to seek inspiration. the feedback tracker is about bugs and problems not about ideas of what should be in the game and is not a substitute for that purpose.

in regards to devs watching other places besides the forums i dont agree with. ive never seen it. and surely not to the degree that i understand Matt and Dean did when they were making the mod. which from what i understand they obsessed over every night to read and talk to people. none of which ive seen from people there now. 

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, lakevu said:

in regards to devs watching other places besides the forums i dont agree with. ive never seen it.

I write in the forums and DayZ reddit a lot, very rarely on twitter too. For years.

I never had  comments from someone identifiable as the DayZ team.

Except Brian Hicks who still sometimes comments on Reddit and Kyiara and Baty as community managers.

There has always been a lot of discussion on even small details of DayZ and the devs either stay out of it completely or don't make themselves known.

Thats why its nice to have Kyiara forwarding and reacting to our feedback.

🙂

Edited by Pyongo Bongo
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Pyongo Bongo said:

I write in the forums and DayZ reddit a lot, very rarely on twitter too. For years.

Except Brian Hicks who still sometimes comments on Reddit and Kyiara and Baty as community managers.

There has always been a lot of discussion on even small details of DayZ and the devs either stay out of it completely or don't make themselves known.

🙂

thats a farcry away from what ive heard how matt and dean treated. which in his recounting of the matter on 87.8 podcasts interview with him he seemed very passionate about the topic of scouring the forums for ideas. nothing like i see today

• Like 1

10 hours ago, lakevu said:

[...] scouring the forums for ideas. nothing like i see today

I noticed suggestion from the forums being added from time to time recently.

Like sunglass tint, picking up chickens, improvised clothing and probably more.

13 hours ago, lakevu said:

thats a farcry away from what ive heard how matt and dean treated.

Are devs supposed to fix/improve the game for 8 hours, or are they supposed to scroll through reddit/twitter/forums to reply to users or maybe they should use their free time after work to reply to you?

They have community managers to do exactly that, they forward the feedback to those in charge of the dev team and they give answers to questions if and when they can.

Edited by DefectiveWater
  • Confused 1
  • Beans 1

10 hours ago, Pyongo Bongo said:

I noticed suggestion from the forums being added from time to time recently.

Like sunglass tint, picking up chickens, improvised clothing and probably more.

but is that really the source they came from? it would be nice if they interacted with us like normal people so that we know if it is actually us making a difference or its just blind luck they add something we happen to bring up

7 hours ago, DefectiveWater said:

Are devs supposed to fix/improve the game for 8 hours, or are they supposed to scroll through reddit/twitter/forums to reply to users or maybe they should use their free time after work to reply to you?

They have community managers to do exactly that, they forward the feedback to those in charge of the dev team and they give answers to questions if and when they can.

i understand the division of labor here but still the principle is the same. nothing? not even a casual post here or there? absolutely nothing? I would doubt to say that dean or matt would have taken it that far and would have interacted themselves to some degree.

but i think the root source is the passion is gone. i dont see the same level of passion as dean and matt had from these people. because if they did that is the sort of actions that manifested because of passion.

On 9/1/2023 at 12:12 AM, lakevu said:

sure "prioritize tasks" but not to seek inspiration. the feedback tracker is about bugs and problems not about ideas of what should be in the game and is not a substitute for that purpose.

in regards to devs watching other places besides the forums i dont agree with. ive never seen it. and surely not to the degree that i understand Matt and Dean did when they were making the mod. which from what i understand they obsessed over every night to read and talk to people. none of which ive seen from people there now. 

On 9/1/2023 at 12:36 AM, Pyongo Bongo said:

🙂

The fact that you don't see them doesn't mean they are not reading it 😉. Just like the fact that if they don't "brag about it," it doesn't mean it's not happening.

Personally, I go through many communication channels every day, and the only place you see me replying is here. There are a few other channels where I reply as DayZ (together with Lynn and Scotty; by the way, Baty hasn't worked for BI for a few years already). However, I do read them. Most of the feedback I gather is already known to the developers, as they do the same, even in their own free time, because they care.

Please note that the Feedback Tracker is also for suggestions. You can find many reported there.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 9/1/2023 at 11:34 PM, lakevu said:

but is that really the source they came from? it would be nice if they interacted with us like normal people so that we know if it is actually us making a difference or its just blind luck they add something we happen to bring up

On 9/1/2023 at 11:37 PM, lakevu said:

i understand the division of labor here but still the principle is the same. nothing? not even a casual post here or there? absolutely nothing? I would doubt to say that dean or matt would have taken it that far and would have interacted themselves to some degree.

but i think the root source is the passion is gone. i dont see the same level of passion as dean and matt had from these people. because if they did that is the sort of actions that manifested because of passion.

To be honest, with the number of suggestions we receive, it's becoming quite challenging to track who suggested what first. Often, multiple people suggest the same ideas.

I also believe you might be a bit unfair here. Take Adam, for instance; he's our creative lead and the genius behind Namalsk. What greater passion could you ask for? This project is his personal labor of love, something he works on during his free time. And it's not just him. But you need to keep in mind that many team members value their privacy. You might see them on Reddit or Discord, but you might not know they're part of the development team. Not everyone wants to be recognized as "the dev" because they want to separate their personal opinions from the company's stance and avoid any confusion.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Kyiara said:

To be honest, with the number of suggestions we receive, it's becoming quite challenging to track who suggested what first. Often, multiple people suggest the same ideas.

I also believe you might be a bit unfair here. Take Adam, for instance; he's our creative lead and the genius behind Namalsk. What greater passion could you ask for? This project is his personal labor of love, something he works on during his free time. And it's not just him. But you need to keep in mind that many team members value their privacy. You might see them on Reddit or Discord, but you might not know they're part of the development team. Not everyone wants to be recognized as "the dev" because they want to separate their personal opinions from the company's stance and avoid any confusion.

Greetings, Kyiara, i just visited forum and this thread drew my attention. That may sound inconvinient from my side, but still, last three patches did remain lacking of contents, new assets to be correct. That is, something what community begs for to whole DayZ Dev Team since 1.20 via Forums, Social Media, Live Streams. We should agree with fact that communtiy accepted 1.20 contents, that is Quality of Life update, but speaking of 1.21 update, 1.22 update, community remained with more and more questions, than answers about some begging requests such is: Volumetric Clouds, Ragdoll, authentic updated NWAF, remaining alpha-content that waits it's reimplementation (4 firearms, huge amount of melee weapons, attachments, etc) and etc.
I'll be honest, and may probably sound kinda dummy for whole DayZ Community - You guys should make Q/A, answering all upcoming questions of all kinds but still related to DayZ, and this should happen not in Live Stream, i'm speaking about Reddit for example, or even Discord.
This kind of Q/A may help you, as community manager, and whole DayZ Dev Team to resolve problem with accumulated questions for the last 9 months at least. Community will be keeped up-to-date with their questions about DayZ future, and mostly about requested assets/contents/fixes/changes. I personally beg you to take this noted and raise that idea about Q/A inside Dev Team.

And lastly - 1.23 update lands to 10-year-milestone if am i right, and that is very important date to whole community. Community holds a huge hopes to this upcoming 1.23 patch, and i do too personally. Who knows, maybe last three patches lacked of new contents due to fact that devs focused their resources since january this year for huge 10-year-milestone gift 🤫, but this is just speculation, and i really hope that this speculation will be correct.

37 minutes ago, Tex_TF2 said:

Greetings, Kyiara, i just visited forum and this thread drew my attention. That may sound inconvinient from my side, but still, last three patches did remain lacking of contents, new assets to be correct. That is, something what community begs for to whole DayZ Dev Team since 1.20 via Forums, Social Media, Live Streams. We should agree with fact that communtiy accepted 1.20 contents, that is Quality of Life update, but speaking of 1.21 update, 1.22 update, community remained with more and more questions, than answers about some begging requests such is: Volumetric Clouds, Ragdoll, authentic updated NWAF, remaining alpha-content that waits it's reimplementation (4 firearms, huge amount of melee weapons, attachments, etc) and etc.
I'll be honest, and may probably sound kinda dummy for whole DayZ Community - You guys should make Q/A, answering all upcoming questions of all kinds but still related to DayZ, and this should happen not in Live Stream, i'm speaking about Reddit for example, or even Discord.
This kind of Q/A may help you, as community manager, and whole DayZ Dev Team to resolve problem with accumulated questions for the last 9 months at least. Community will be keeped up-to-date with their questions about DayZ future, and mostly about requested assets/contents/fixes/changes. I personally beg you to take this noted and raise that idea about Q/A inside Dev Team.

And lastly - 1.23 update lands to 10-year-milestone if am i right, and that is very important date to whole community. Community holds a huge hopes to this upcoming 1.23 patch, and i do too personally. Who knows, maybe last three patches lacked of new contents due to fact that devs focused their resources since january this year for huge 10-year-milestone gift 🤫, but this is just speculation, and i really hope that this speculation will be correct.

Hi Tex, the mentioned updates were minor updates. You might know that the biggest update of this year is yet to come. Minor updates are usually dedicated to fixes and changes, and any content is more like a small addition. This has been communicated quite often, and I honestly think that people who wanted to know have already found the info. Saying 'for the whole Community' might be a bit misleading. 😉

The development is a very dynamic environment, so the best we can do is the DayZ in 20XX article, which is a small preview of what you guys may expect in the upcoming year. We don't go into too much detail, as things might change, and we don't want to disappoint anyone. I certainly hope you will like the next update and the others yet to come.

I hope this explains.

13 hours ago, Kyiara said:

i understand who adam is and what he has done but i am skeptical to the level of understanding he has about what exactly "IS" DAYZ not namalsk. or whether he truly knows the factors from Arma 2 mod that made it the basically the lightning in the bottle that it was. and seemingly has never been able to be created again only to lesser, incomplete, unimpressive forms by comparison.

because from what ive seen both in arma 2 and now. is that he basically takes the fundamentals he is given and builds on top of it. and because of this i am skeptical whether he has even considered the deeper mechanics of the game. things like movement mechanics, gunplay mechanics and aesthetical mechanics like post processing effects.

but again i as far as i am aware adam is in charge but is this true? or is there somebody above him influencing his decisions and only giving him a leash of what he can and cant do. because that would also make alot of sense to me why the game is in the shape it is today.

but i can never know if adam is the problem or whether somebody above him is the problem not letting him do things

Edited by lakevu