Sign in to follow this  
uedel-fa9bd22be9105471

Is there a chance to get a real Melee mode, someday?

Well i playing DayZ since the mod on Arma was made, but there is 1 think that i allways hoped to and never got any better. Melee. Seriosly thoose wild weelding arround and punching feels like a bad joke of melee. Melee Weapons act like blunt weapons. Special Fire Axe should seriously Damage and or kill anyone Z or Human when slashed at an unprotected head, now i need to hack like a lunatic murder on the victim for him to die. 

The movements look like from a bad joke.

So instead of creating Bag number 745 in greyisch purple  with small beautifull looking stitches, please go and work on essential things.

• Thanks 2

8 hours ago, uedel-fa9bd22be9105471 said:

Well i playing DayZ since the mod on Arma was made, but there is 1 think that i allways hoped to and never got any better. Melee. Seriosly thoose wild weelding arround and punching feels like a bad joke of melee. Melee Weapons act like blunt weapons. Special Fire Axe should seriously Damage and or kill anyone Z or Human when slashed at an unprotected head, now i need to hack like a lunatic murder on the victim for him to die. 

The movements look like from a bad joke.

So instead of creating Bag number 745 in greyisch purple  with small beautifull looking stitches, please go and work on essential things.

It will always be dogshit because the console kids would find it too hard to hit an enemy, thats why they changed it from accurate melee to huge 180 degree swings that you cant miss. There isnt even a headshot hitbox with melee on players anymore its just one big hitbox and no matter where you hit them its the same damage.

• Sad 1

2 hours ago, SleeperZ said:

There isnt even a headshot hitbox with melee on players anymore its just one big hitbox and no matter where you hit them its the same damage.

I tested it. Headshots do extra HEALTH damage and leg attacks less.

But hitting someone on the head with a powerattack even with a sledgehammer is not an instang kill, NOT EVEN a KO.

This makes no sense to me.

I also liked the accurate melee from 62. More, even though now it LOOKS cooler.

Being able to shrug off headshots feels not hardcore at all, many arcade gamed have instant KO / Kills with melee.

The person has to close the distance, you have to still be in range when the strike hits (you can move away) and has to hit your head without you blocking or counterattacking.

And then it doesnt even do proper damage (sledgehammer to the head = I'm ok)

Guns can do that from 1km away with high firerate which is way deadlier, so why would the devs protect us from melee headshots?

Edited by Pyongo Bongo

1 hour ago, Pyongo Bongo said:

I tested it. Headshots do extra HEALTH damage and leg attacks less.

But hitting someone on the head with a powerattack even with a sledgehammer is not an instang kill, NOT EVEN a KO.

This makes no sense to me.

I also liked the accurate melee from 62. More, even though now it LOOKS cooler.

Being able to shrug off headshots feels not hardcore at all, many arcade gamed have instant KO / Kills with melee.

The person has to close the distance, you have to still be in range when the strike hits (you can move away) and has to hit your head without you blocking or counterattacking.

And then it doesnt even do proper damage (sledgehammer to the head = I'm ok)

Guns can do that from 1km away with high firerate which is way deadlier, so why would the devs protect us from melee headshots?

All i know is that its 5 punches in the head to KO and it is also 5 punches to the chest to KO. I dont know how you tested it but these are my results

Edited by SleeperZ

3 hours ago, Pyongo Bongo said:

lol, you can shrug off a .308 from a high power rifle while wearing a measly stab vest (realistically not rated for bullets at all). The game is significantly more forgiving/less hardcore than it used to be

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

7 minutes ago, Misnomera said:

lol, you can shrug off a .308 from a high power rifle while wearing a measly stab vest (realistically not rated for bullets at all). The game is significantly more forgiving/less hardcore than it used to be

Yeah no shit, everything nowadays needs an icon, onscreen indicaters and a personal assistant to walk you through how to play the game. All the features since full release have been changed to be easier like shooting and the status 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, SleeperZ said:

Yeah no shit, everything nowadays needs an icon, onscreen indicaters and a personal assistant to walk you through how to play the game. All the features since full release have been changed to be easier like shooting and the status 

To an extent yes. I miss not being told onscreen how many bullets I have in my mag. In SCUM you literally don't know and there are animations for physically looking inside the gun / mag to see how much ammo there is/might be.

That was really amazing to see but really disheartening that other games have that kind of detail when DayZ has always been my favorite realism game.

5 hours ago, Misnomera said:

I made a post calling that out a while ago. It should kill you yes 🙂 But then again this at least gives you the opportunity to maybe tie someone up and let them live, even if unrealistic but possibly fun.

The complete lack of melee headshot KOs sometimes makes it harder / impossible to knock someone out. They regenerate their shock again and again over a lengthy fight until they have been beaten so much they insta die AND is unrealistic.

Edited by Pyongo Bongo
  • Like 1

On 7/29/2023 at 10:23 PM, Misnomera said:

Interesting how you're only addressing 1 part of a 'problem'. While it's strange you can survive a 308 round with a stab vest, it's somehow not a problem for anyone that you go uncon from 1 hit while wearing a platecarrier. Also, lots of plates are able to completely stop a 308 round, yet you still take damage with platecarriers. DayZ is not a simulator. It's trying to be a somewhat realistic game.

With that said, a better melee system would be nice but i really doubt we will get it in this dayz.

16 hours ago, Xeonmeister said:

Interesting how you're only addressing 1 part of a 'problem'. While it's strange you can survive a 308 round with a stab vest, it's somehow not a problem for anyone that you go uncon from 1 hit while wearing a platecarrier. Also, lots of plates are able to completely stop a 308 round, yet you still take damage with platecarriers. DayZ is not a simulator. It's trying to be a somewhat realistic game.

I addressed the stab vest issue because it demonstrates an incredibly unrealistic aspect of the game regarding damage to players, supplementing Pyongo's point on melee damage. I've written lengthy comments on the plate carriers and uncons before; having multiple uncons during a gunfight is just bad gameplay. Obviously armor needs balancing. IMO, the plate should stop .308/7.62x54, resulting in a stagger and some damage to the player, or at least a stamina debuff as if the wind has been knocked out of you (meaning you cant simply zig-zag away full speed), the plate should be damaged or badly damaged, offering less protection for subsequent shots and plates shouldn't be so easily repaired. They could buff the plates against traditional rounds, make them more rare, and add more types of armor piercing ammo, like black tip M995 5.56 and 7N14 (7.62x54mmR) that are very rare.