Sign in to follow this  
DarthYodaSoda

CANT FIND THIS JSON ERROR

JSON ERROR:
Missing a comma or ']' after an array element.
Function: 'Error'
Stack trace:
scripts/1_Core/proto\endebug.c:92
scripts/3_Game/tools\jsonfileloader.c:29
JM/CF/Scripts/3_Game/communityframework\mods\modstructure.c:71
JM/CF/Scripts/3_Game/communityframework\mods\modloader.c:163
JM/CF/Scripts/4_World/communityframework\modstorage\cf_modstorageobject.c:17
JM/CF/Scripts/4_World/communityframework\entities\buildingbase.c:1

I  have this showing up in my crash logs for days i been trying to find any missing comma or ] in all my mods configs by copying every json file cofigs code into https://jsonlint.com/ , and it seems like its not finding any errors. i legit spent days looking through and cant seem to find the issue. 

if anyone has and idea please tell. unless its just a mod its self that coded incorrectly. 

Json in implementation of BI is glorious bull***t. You need to keep correct intents, with spaces instead tabs and absolutely correct file intension.

The best point if you're create new instance of object, fill it with any kind of testing data and make export of it in the text file with JsonFileLoader<T>.JsonSaveFile(path_to_testing_file, newClassInstance);

Based on this file you'll able to make all necessary file(s). But I want to remind you that intents are freaking important here, because of 'em Json serrializer (saving and loading functionality) ain't working right.

7 hours ago, Sid Debian said:

Json in implementation of BI is glorious bull***t. You need to keep correct intents, with spaces instead tabs and absolutely correct file intension.

The best point if you're create new instance of object, fill it with any kind of testing data and make export of it in the text file with JsonFileLoader<T>.JsonSaveFile(path_to_testing_file, newClassInstance);

Based on this file you'll able to make all necessary file(s). But I want to remind you that intents are freaking important here, because of 'em Json serrializer (saving and loading functionality) ain't working right.

so maybe i have quotes empty that should be filled in then? or just removed.  cus i never use tab instead of a space. 

Edited by DarthYodaSoda

just wish dayz told u which file, i been searching through all my mods folders with json files and i cant find anything, dont seem  like any issues on the server either from what i can tell all my mods run fine. 

11 hours ago, DarthYodaSoda said:

so maybe i have quotes empty that should be filled in then? or just removed.  cus i never use tab instead of a space. 

I mean that most of current editors are still using prefered settings for formatting and intending.

Most of common current libraries lise NewtonSoft.Json.NET, Qt v5 - 6 - are just don't give a heck about intention of lines.

Damn just take the Notepad++, install JsonTools, make a copy of file and validate file's copy, also checkout all lines and opening and closing brakes.

That will gave you enough information. But I not sure about new line symbols, for windows std is: \r\n, for Linux is: \n - that may drive serialisation crazy.

Take Gibson Explorer and search for why your Json not working right.

Also in one of last chage logs I'd seen that theres a method how to check is json file migh be (de)serrializated.