Sign in to follow this  
LJA15

Few Suggestions

Hi, 

The game is already so amazing and so addictive to both watch and play. I just can't help myself from often getting these cool ideas for in-game that would make really great additions to an already incredible DayZ gaming experience.

*) Artillery strikes on central areas of cities: these could be activated from abandoned missile launcher installations located on the perimeter of said city and may require some sort of activation mechanism like a necessary fuse to be found and incorporate frst. Once activated, there are ominous sirens that go off inside the city, allowing those pesky campers just about fifteen seconds to get the hell out of there before the missiles drop and cause absolute carnage. The infected will also go beserk to the sirens and attack any player nearby.

*) Better infected behaviour: I feel it would be more immersive if the infected rather focused its hostility on whomever is closer to it, rather than comically chase down its initial target right past numerous other players. This would encourage more of a realistic race for survival type of dynamic between multiple players within the radius of triggered infected. (You don't have to outrun the infected, just the other players).

*) TNT: dynamite sticks could be cool to find as loot, bundle up together in craft mechanic, as well as connecting them to a fuse line for safe distance detonation (either on slow timer discharge or immediate with an equipted detonator). 

*) More explosions: those outdoor large white gas-tanks with the small red flameable warning sticker on it's side, how are these not explosive when shot at, either accidental or intentional? It would make for some cool collateral destruction. Maybe even incorporate some level of shockwave from explosions in general that might even be strong enough to blast the windows from close enough buildings or vehicles.

*) Throwing weapons: hear me out. Knives or even just rocks from building debris, they should be realistic weapons to throw at each other. What about crafted spears that you can actually throw in emergency situations. Or even the axe, with a chance that it's only the handle that hits so the damage is much lower. What about the option to craft a Molotov cocktail out of a bottle, rag and some gasoline?

*) Wild fire: as a weapon, fire hasn't been explored much. Imagine catching fire as a player and having to first 'stop, drop and roll' as a survival technique to kill the fire burning your health away before another player just shows up and kills you off anyway.

*) Body dragging: I've already seen this suggestion many times before. The ability to drag a dead body so that you could loot it somewhere else close by that is much more safe.

*) Foraging: again with the emergency situations, this is after all a survival game, but hear me out. You can't find food anywhere, or anyone to ask for help, and you're just about to die of starvation. What do you do? Kill yourself? No, just run into the forest and find either some berry shrubs or some beehives hanging from a tree - sure the bees sting you a bit causing low damage because you didn't first smoke them out with a burning rag, but hey, you're no longer dying of starvation. And what's more; some additional foraging enables you to find some herbs you can use to craft a remedy paste for treating wounds. Or just heat up the honey to use with the rag as a more effective wound treatment (heals 2 cuts at a time). 'Freshies' will have a better time getting on their feet with little things like this.

*) More food: I feel like DayZ takes place in a country that has potatoes as a staple, where are the potato gardens of rural homes? Cook potatoes in a pot or on fire for maximum starch. What about hares and jackrabbits, squirrels and foxes in the wild to be hunted for meat, bones and pelts? Perhaps some bird nests providing eggs to be eated raw or fried in the pan. Why not have some homes with chicken coops to farm their eggs since there are already chickens in the game. Livestock pens with some animals left abandoned like pigs, goats and geese? Too easy of a food source? Leave a guard dog or two then. Can't just shoot the dogs or infected will be alerted - what's more, you kill the guard dogs and the nearby wolves suddenly have nothing keeping them away anymore.

*) Looting: interactive cabinets, drawers and closets inside of buildings for more immersive looting and storage thereof. Just like you allow players to open the doors and trunks of inoperable vehicles for looting.

*) If the DayZ lore supports the possibility that some residents were given enough time to prepare for a possible zombie apocalypse, could it be possible that some of the more remote houses had small personal survival bunkers that may or may not have been stocked to some extent with food, water and some basic weapons before the national disaster ensued. These small private bunkers could be well hidden and may require the use of a key or just explosives to enter. To prevent being taken out by campers, it would be wise to have a buddy or two staked outside as scouts until you're done looting. If personal bunkers are too extravagant, maybe just some generous stashes buried in the backyard of certain homes then - a nearby shovel could be a hint to a possible burried stash nearby.

I will continue enjoying DayZ while generating more cool ideas for the game.

DayZ is King 👑

Edited by LJA15
Some typo erradication
  • Like 2

dont waste your time suggesting stuff, u will be ignored by devs and criticized by "dayz fanatics".

• Thanks 2
  • Beans 1

execpt the artillery strike i like your ideas and i was thinking about some of them on my own.

but sadly it`s what clickptg said:

mostly a waste of time.

but don`t get demotivated by that fact and let`s waste some time creatively here. ;-)

Edited by RenDark2000
  • Thanks 1

Oh wow, really?

I was under the impression that it was different. Because just a few weeks ago I watched one of their game update videos from their official YouTube channel, in which the one guy mentioned that they definitely read suggestions from the comments of DayZ fans across various platforms. At the time I was already looking for where to offload some ideas of my own. And then just a few days later I'm watching a DayZ video on YouTube of The FreshSpawns, and sometime into it they're just as surprised as I am when the infected are suddenly hurling rocks at them because they are out of reach for the normal melee attack. Not just that but the infected are suddenly able to slam against closed doors in order to open it and continue hunting you - this in particular was a concept that I myself have been suggesting multiple times in the comment sections of the YT DayZ content I've watched all over.

So you could only imagine my excitement to see it been materialized. I mean yeah, I'm probably not the only one who's been suggesting it, or even the one who's comment they actually saw, but it still felt pretty great seeing the idea being incorporated into the game.

And now here I am, trying my luck again.

I'm a qualified Film & TV screenplay writer by the way, but my dream is to write narratives/storylines for epic video game companies.

DayZ is an epic game to me 👑

• Like 2

On 7/6/2023 at 1:42 PM, clickptg said:

dont waste your time suggesting stuff, u will be ignored by devs

That's false. We read suggestions and consider them. However, naturally not every idea can be realized or publicly discussed from our side.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, ImpulZ said:

That's false. We read suggestions and consider them. However, naturally not every idea can be realized or publicly discussed from our side.

Like we believe that 

On 7/9/2023 at 6:40 PM, LJA15 said:

Oh wow, really?

I was under the impression that it was different. Because just a few weeks ago I watched one of their game update videos from their official YouTube channel, in which the one guy mentioned that they definitely read suggestions from the comments of DayZ fans across various platforms. At the time I was already looking for where to offload some ideas of my own. And then just a few days later I'm watching a DayZ video on YouTube of The FreshSpawns, and sometime into it they're just as surprised as I am when the infected are suddenly hurling rocks at them because they are out of reach for the normal melee attack. Not just that but the infected are suddenly able to slam against closed doors in order to open it and continue hunting you - this in particular was a concept that I myself have been suggesting multiple times in the comment sections of the YT DayZ content I've watched all over.

So you could only imagine my excitement to see it been materialized. I mean yeah, I'm probably not the only one who's been suggesting it, or even the one who's comment they actually saw, but it still felt pretty great seeing the idea being incorporated into the game.

And now here I am, trying my luck again.

I'm a qualified Film & TV screenplay writer by the way, but my dream is to write narratives/storylines for epic video game companies.

DayZ is an epic game to me 👑

Yeah you can thank the modders, not the devs, for those things!

The devs should definitely fix the infected behaviour so they attack whoever is closest though. Right now you can practically stand unmolested in a crowd of them while they focus on another player, which is a bit naff.

excellent Ideas, especially about diverse food and furniture