zeon_

is it possible to override languagecore?

Hello, DayZ forum members! I have a question, so I'm writing it here.

I'm Korean and I use the Korean language, but DayZ doesn't support Korean.

So, I'm trying to modify it by tinkering with the DayZ client, but I'm afraid that I might get blocked by something like BattlEye for client tampering. That's why I'm asking here on the forum.

If I create a new addon and put the contents of the existing languagecore into it, and then override it with some language modifications, will that work?

Thank you.

17 hours ago, zeon_ said:

Hello, DayZ forum members! I have a question, so I'm writing it here.

I'm Korean and I use the Korean language, but DayZ doesn't support Korean.

So, I'm trying to modify it by tinkering with the DayZ client, but I'm afraid that I might get blocked by something like BattlEye for client tampering. That's why I'm asking here on the forum.

If I create a new addon and put the contents of the existing languagecore into it, and then override it with some language modifications, will that work?

Thank you.

That might work but only for those servers that using this add-on, in other cases you'll be kicked with the reason: You have the addon that has not on server.

Next - I'm not sure but you might write to BI tickets that you iwsh include support of Korian language and youight it next way: unpack current client build, /dta/languagecore.pbo - perform translation of strings and submit for opened ticked. I suggest you to use specific language table in DZ style like: "original","english","korean", (that should be more than enough. If devs will be agreed with you they will include support of Korean strings in future updates).

Q: Why you can't use your localisation strings simply?

A: Your client would have an it own strings that will bring a huge amount of trobles like: strings mismatch (you've strings that has no on server), different game content and the worst: you can't override values of already existing strings. You can't add an additional language by addon without overriding all items in the game (new class instance and etc), the game is protecting own items from overriding of strings.

Just for example - try to override any weapon strings without new class instance.

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Sid Debian said:

That might work but only for those servers that using this add-on, in other cases you'll be kicked with the reason: You have the addon that has not on server.

Next - I'm not sure but you might write to BI tickets that you iwsh include support of Korian language and youight it next way: unpack current client build, /dta/languagecore.pbo - perform translation of strings and submit for opened ticked. I suggest you to use specific language table in DZ style like: "original","english","korean", (that should be more than enough. If devs will be agreed with you they will include support of Korean strings in future updates).

Q: Why you can't use your localisation strings simply?

A: Your client would have an it own strings that will bring a huge amount of trobles like: strings mismatch (you've strings that has no on server), different game content and the worst: you can't override values of already existing strings. You can't add an additional language by addon without overriding all items in the game (new class instance and etc), the game is protecting own items from overriding of strings.

Just for example - try to override any weapon strings without new class instance.

Sorry to ask again, but does this mean it's okay to unpack my local languagecore, modify it, then pack it up and run it?

(Would that work for the game?).

After this, if I post my work on the Bohemian Interactive Ticket, does this mean that my work could become a merge in the next patch, depending on the developer's response, am I understanding this correctly?

Thank you very much for taking the time out of your busy schedule to respond.

On 6/30/2023 at 6:05 AM, zeon_ said:

Sorry to ask again, but does this mean it's okay to unpack my local languagecore, modify it, then pack it up and run it?

(Would that work for the game?).

After this, if I post my work on the Bohemian Interactive Ticket, does this mean that my work could become a merge in the next patch, depending on the developer's response, am I understanding this correctly?

Thank you very much for taking the time out of your busy schedule to respond.

No, you can repack the dta\languadgecore.pbo

BUT

if you'll try to connect to any server you may have 2 different state:

State 1: You will be kicked away - because of your modificated file.

State 2: You may got a ban on official servers because your game client data is modified.

That's why I recommended you to localuze with Korean the stringtable.csv (it's inside the dta\languadgecore.pbo) and publish on the big tracker as a ticket. I guess you wish to ask: why for?

Answer: This will report developers of FayZ about new ticket, also other Korean language users may join and support you and your idea and the last one it will give you in double times more opportunity that developer team will include Korean localisation string in future releases.

So please try it out and I hope devs will help you with such state, I think that devs really with to make this game more popular around the wold!