Kyiara

Update 1.21 general discussion

Hello everyone,

Update 1.21 was released this week and we are gathering your feedback and suggestions.

I prepared this small "quiz" once again. Please always pick just one thing, the most important to you.

1) What did you like the most about this update?

2) What did you like the least about this update?

3) What community mod is your favorite and why?

Please keep it tidy. I will hide off-topic posts. For feedback or anything else 1.21 related, please use this thread or, even better, our Feedback tracker.
Thank you ♥️

Engagement_3.png

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Kyiara said:

Crossbow, but underrated feature is: "UI brightness can be adjusted in the settings". Would be nice if it could be automatic depending on day/night cycles in game with min/max values.

"Distant lights are much dimmer" - I might be quick to judge as I haven't seen the changes myself.  I hope it's not overdone.

Building Fortifications. I'm not much of a basebuilder myself, but vanilla basebuilding is pretty meh. I'm sure a lot of people would appreciate basebuilding improvements - but obviously the game shouldn't revolve around basebuilding.

Edited by DefectiveWater
  • Like 1

58 minutes ago, Kyiara said:

1) Crossbows 

2)The bullet tanking 1400s armour that was designed to stop melee weapons

3) The one that makes the game more skillful and harder because the game is too easy 

• Like 2

On 5/26/2023 at 3:49 PM, Kyiara said:

I think the changes of how items look in inventory. This change make game look like old product from '90. You have changed something which was looking very good, for straight trash. This change is really bad and this is not only my opinion.
Also, with some reason commands like -nopause does not work anymore.
There is new bugs apears related to walking, looting places like trains, when you move up/down left/right screen are shaking. 
Can't say anything good about this update, sorry :/ I wish it would never happend.

• Beans 1

The crossbow and being able to craft improvised bolts in case don't manage to find better ones.

Medieval armor and especially the possibility of it spawn in hunting type buildings in Livonia. Make all and each set of the armor extremely rare in the CE, please.

Most of the time I play in vanilla unless a friend wants to play modded, which in that case I remember one mod that I very much loved, and it is DOJ's "Better Snap Sounds". Allow me to write another one because it almost feels as it's from the base game, and that is Sumrak's Namalsk island and survival.

• Like 1

What I like most: Crossbow and craftable ammo

What I like least: Vehicle rubber-banding making driving unsafe.

Favorite community mod: we use on our server is the setting to showcase a red map-blip when survivors have tourist map and working GPS.

Edited by WOLVERlNES
  • Like 1

Some game fixes.

Some game breaking and all the medieval paraphernalia, which is silly and completely out of context.

For the favorite mod it's difficult, the really "essential" ones are the ones that "fix" the game, and we need so many that aren't even enough, because there aren't any mods to fix everything that needs to be done.
But I want to mention 3 main, more "frivolous" ones:
1)
"Winter Chernarus"
Chernarus with snow is just amazing.
2)
"Red Falcon Watercraft"
I've always missed boats that really float, but especially with the maps with the islands.
3)
"DayZ-Editor"
Being able to modify the maps, with additions and deletions is invaluable for those who have their own server and also want to "personalize" the map.
It's not "perfect" (but no mod is, and neither is the game, of course)... it has its "glitches"... but really, what you can do with this mod is just amazing.

• Like 1

most Liked:

I haven't had any serious game freezes while driving a car yet! (on PS5)

most Disliked:

Definitely the accumulative penalty-timer for account switching. 5-10 minutes should be the max between each! 

about Mods: 

lol, ok, i was thinking about community-moderators like you in the first moment, not about community-modifications.

that was a bit iritating. xD

but i can`t answer that question without any mods available on Console anyways.  

cheers

Edited by RenDark2000

Crossbow is good. 

Building fortifications mod is the best. Fortifying an existing structure is logical and authentic. Building a base in the forest is not logical, practical, or authentic, given the logistics and effort involved in doing so. Being able to break into any base no longer seems like a necessary part of the game.  Mostly because of the reality that server wipes happen often enough. 

This is a great thread to post and should continue with each update!

• Like 1