Kyiara

Stable Update 1.21

On 5/23/2023 at 7:48 PM, General Zod said:

How about players not being able to arm plastic explosives ? I had that problem when I attached a pristine c4 to a gate, and then was unable to arm it, I had the detonator unit in my hand, got the prompt to arm it it, went through the animation and it would not arm instead giving me the prompt to arm it again and again with no effect. 

Is this it? (One more) It's scheduled for a fix 👍

On 5/24/2023 at 12:31 AM, Pavlos Ge said:

I know you guys fixed the slow ads/scope speed,but along with increasing the scoped ads speed,you increased the iron sight ads speed aswell and it is absurdly fast now.Was that intented? I believe iron sight and ads/scoping speed should be the same.

I need to check this one with the team.

On 5/24/2023 at 7:09 PM, sRt_ said:

Other players can hear character's groan when landing from a small height : THIS IS BULLSHIT!!

Guys you added crossbow and bolt - and in same time you have 7 known issues with it!! UNBELIEVEABLE .... why you added this then?

While reporting issues, constructive feedback would help.

The update is not just about that, due to development and planning, sometimes it's better to go with a hotfix or second update after release than postponing the whole thing.
The issue is not bugs that are known, but those that are not.

On 5/25/2023 at 1:22 AM, Scoo1 said:

Oh, just saw: gas canisters are still filled with lead instead of butane. Weight is too high by a factor of 10. Why do such simple bugs always take several patches to fix? Doesn't anyone of you, my dear developers, have 5 minutes time for this?

We are aware of this one and it's already scheduled for a fix.👍
This is actually not taking that long since it was reported a month ago.

On 5/25/2023 at 2:41 AM, Riddick_2K said:

For that matter, have you noticed that when you pick up a macrolepiota mushroom, the hand goes too far and the mushroom is glitched? I always remember it. This too, I think, is a 5-minute thing... But the worst is that if nobody opens a ticket, with images and a detailed explanation of the problem, they don't even notice... this means that, after writing the code of this game, they NEVER even tried it once. Or that they don't care.
That's the handling of this game, sadly.

This was already fixed internally. I think it will be part of 1.22
It's not that it would not be tested. It might work on Experimental, other changes might affect this, and it's very easy to overlook etc. I don't know If you have ever worked in QA (I did, for a gaming and nongaming company), and there is so much to it that some stuff can easily slip or just show later - especially when it's minor stuff. And every company appreciates when people report those things.

On 5/25/2023 at 9:11 AM, nik.proect said:

After installing tents and awnings, the server crashes

Can you please create a ticket here? Repro steps would be great!

On 5/25/2023 at 10:42 AM, Riddick_2K said:

I try to put the direct link to the video. I hope it doesn't get blocked for days like other times.😦

The devs are aware of this one, looking into it.

On 5/25/2023 at 10:46 PM, Greyfox5150 said:

My game did not update to version 1.21 and even a reinstall gave me version 1.20. What is going on here as I cant even play the bloody game anymore now.

I found two possible solutions on Steam troubleshooting page. Feel free to check it out:

Spoiler

1) 
Uninstall the game in Steam
Delete the DayZ folder in C:\Users\YOURUSERNAME\AppData\Local
Delete the DayZ folder in C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common (or wherever your Steam games are located)
Right click Steam and Start as Administrator. Install game. What this does is purge all DayZ files and redownload new ones. If anything is corrupt it will be replaced.

2) Deleting everything in Steam folder except steam.exe and SteamApps, start Steam again

• Like 1

On 5/23/2023 at 10:53 PM, clickptg said:

The fireplace didnt dried my wet or damp clothes, check that. was recorded on Mod server, but happened the same on a official.

Hi, would you have the link to the video?

On 5/25/2023 at 1:22 AM, Scoo1 said:

Running around in wet clothes, will dry them only a little bit slower, then putting them in front of a fire now. So i will do the same as always - ignoring the rain.

Just did another test: putting wet clothes on the ground without a fire... no difference to with fire. So drying with fires don't work at all.

It takes long... Not sure how many minutes were you waiting. On the ground with fire - up to 15 minutes (depends how wet it is). Without a fire... you will be waiting really long...
But I know the team is currently testing it, so there might be an issue (or not), either way, it's being looked into. 
https://feedback.bistudio.com/T172319

On 5/26/2023 at 9:32 AM, LennyS-cbe65eb8a29b70ab said:

Bugs that i have encoutered so far:  (on a community server that doesnt run any mods)

Items dissapearing:

-Ammo dissapearing out of your inventory on server restart. This happened to me twice and someone i met also told me that it happened to him. Both times it was a 20 stack of .308 tracer rounds which i unpacked very shortly before the server restart.

Inconsistencys:

-Ammo Count in magazines seems bugged. For some people the magazine appears to be full, while others can see that there is only 3 bullets in it. When the other person unloads the magazine, the counter goes to 0 after unloading 3 bullets.  This happens rarely, but when it happens.... its a deathsentence, because you think your magazine is full... but after 3 shots.... its empty.

-Conditions of certain items seem bugged. Person A sees the Platecarrier as Damaged, while Person B sees it as pristine. When the condition of said item changes, because of a zombiehit or something, the real condition becomes visible. (for example: i see the platecarrier as pristine, while my friend sees it as damaged. When i am wearing it, the platecarrier looks perfectly fine, and when he wears it, it says "damaged" and it also looks damaged when i am looking at him. When the condition then downgrades, we both see the Platecarrier as badly damaged.)

-The Olive Hunterjacket is missing textures. Regardless of the condition, it will always look like its pristine or worn. Even when its ruined, it will look perfect.

unreasonable Grunting noises:

-When falling from unreasonably small heights as little as a few centimeters, people in a large radius can hear you grunting. You on the otherhand CAN NOT HEAR THE GRUNTING. It gives away your position, without you even knowing your position is revealed. Sometimes sprinting down certain stairs is enough to make your charackter grunt, but only others can hear it.

Fixed on Experimental

• Ammunition piles outside of the player's network bubble could desynchronize (https://feedback.bistudio.com/T172653, https://feedback.bistudio.com/T171844, https://feedback.bistudio.com/T172820)
  • Other players could hear characters groan in pain after falling, even if this sound wasn't played for that player (https://feedback.bistudio.com/T172514)

I will check on the items and jacket

• Like 1

On 5/26/2023 at 12:16 PM, Riddick_2K said:

It would be nice if you open some tickets on "feedback . bistudio . com / project / view / 2 /", because nobody of programmers really cares about what we write on this forum. This is just to "let off some steam".

We care, but you are making a point here.

The best way to report anything is by using the Feedback tracker

If more info is needed, you are asked directly. You can also see the status of the task. Other players can see the issue was already reported, and they can add comments to it. Every ticket is being looked into (there might be duplicates so it's better to check that first)

While reporting on the forum or anywhere else, the info may be overlooked, or insufficient information is provided for us to reproduce it, etc. 

Reporting the issue to FT and coming here with the ticket number for more info is the best. Like that, I can check If that particular issue was already reported, If the devs are aware of it, or what the status of that task is. Sometimes there might be an issue that looks similar, but it's not, and the Feedback tracker should help to recognize that. 

On 5/26/2023 at 1:31 PM, Scoo1 said:

Livonia has a typo in type.xml - change "NorseHelmet" to "NorseHelm" or it will not spawn.

Chernarus is correct.

The typo was fixed.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Kyiara said:

(...)

Really appreciate your patience and continued supporting of the game we all love. Here's to many more updates ❤️ 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Kyiara said:

Is this it? (One more) It's scheduled for a fix 👍

It is this one, good to know. 

• Like 1

Since you seem to answer a lot of questions i'd love to get an answer to this: Why is dayz so keen on trying to synchronize things only once and then trying to keep it that way and never re-sync unless the character relogs?

8 hours ago, Kyiara said:

Fixed on Experimental

• Ammunition piles outside of the player's network bubble could desynchronize (https://feedback.bistudio.com/T172653, https://feedback.bistudio.com/T171844, https://feedback.bistudio.com/T172820)

If for example the ammo pile amount wasn't synced only once but instead synchronized every single time someone picks it up then such bugs couldn't even appear.

There are also bugs when you have something in your hands on the server but the client thinks it's empty and it's not letting you switch the item out from your hands (well, not until you relog). Why can't instead the server just put the other item in your hands and synchronize with the client what happened to the other thing, which was in your hands (which you couldn't see clientside).

Edited by Xeonmeister
spelling

On 5/22/2023 at 9:06 PM, Kyiara said:

PC Stable 1.21 Update 1 - Version 1.21.156201 (Release on 23.05.2023)

Here's my question: at least this year, wait for the server files under Linux for the stable branch or not? I don't know why the developers are playing for time, but in the experimental server under Linux, the mods work and the server itself also works stably. Moreover, the server consumes less resources, since it does not require a running KVM with Windows Server to run it.

just curious on the server maintenance that was cancelled for today june 1st because it says the server is unreachable.  Did they go down for maintenance after all?

@Xeonmeister

I have wondered this as well.  I guess just as a more general question that I would like answered is why can't the client and server sync with each other on a regular basis?

Back in the day, I worked for a software company that dealt with punch clocks.  We had something we called a totalizer that was a process that was running in the background on the server and checked every few seconds to see if there were any new entries in the punch card table.  If there were, that meant there were totals out of sync, so it did its thing to update the totals in the system.

Why can't DayZ do something similar?  You could have the client check maybe once every 60 seconds to make sure its inventory and character state matches the server's inventory and state for that character.  If they are not in sync, update the server with what the client has so that other players will see you the same as the server now sees you.

@Kyiara  Is something like this not possible and if not, why not?  It is frustrating having to re-log to fix this as on a busy server, unless you have queue priority, you have a long wait to play again.

• Like 1
  • Beans 1

After having played exp and then stable, I feel this is a solid update not only because of the crossbow but for various quality of life improvements. To me, the crossbow is huge, taking into account it's been reintroduced very well simulated and better than what it used to. Bolt interaction with the world is amazing. Watching an infected running towards me with a bolt attached to its back and moving both together, one attached to the other, is very pleasant. That's just one example of many that shows how well the dropoff, penetration, deflection and interactions with doors, surfaces, objects, infected and players have been made. Congratulations because feels very good to have this crossbow in the game.

I hope this is the first step to reintroduce the improvised bow, which I hope it's not as easy to craft as just spawn in and assemble it. I hope it requires a bit more items, finding luck and/or progression, because this way it will feel more rewarding while using it. What I mean is that not just straight after spawning in the coast you go to a bush, find rope and vualá!, you got the bow. I wish it's a bit (only a bit, not meaning having to go to Tisy :D) more elaborated to craft... all this if it makes sense of course because I could be mistaken, and maybe it should be that easy to craft taking into account that afterwards some improvised arrows will require a knife, and they will be inaccurate as hell.

BTW, when I was a boy, my brother and I crafted an improvised bow from a stick of a bush (kind of elastic type bush) and rope, and used some "fireworks sticks" as arrows (those that are straight long cylindrical sticks). I have to say it worked kind of good, but didn't have much power and the arrow could travel about 30 or 40 meters away at most. It didn't have accuracy at all past 10 meters or so. Just if it serves as an idea.

I am not going to write about the quality of life improvements because I feel this post is long enough now, but just say that being able to ADS straight in slope terrain is fantastic after years not being able to.

Finally, just write that I would remove the medieval armor, just my opinion. I have seen a couple of people using parts of it, and It's cool looking, not going to lie, but doesn't fit the world. I don't know, how many amor replicas should be in a post apocalyptic life? Maybe a very few, I hope that is the case, and they are extremely rare. Maybe create a new unique building medieval history museum that goes into Cherno and Topolin, only one building in each map, and put its spawn there in the central economy, just like the luna parks but extremely localized and rare at the same time. Well, apart from that, very solid update!

• Beans 1

On 6/2/2023 at 3:05 AM, drgullen said:

You could have the client check maybe once every 60 seconds to make sure its inventory and character state matches the server's inventory and state for that character.

Even if they don't check for it regularly they could sync it when it happens. Like when im desynced and have a weapon in my hands on my client but serverside im empty handed and i try to shoot the server could sync me, remove the weapon and put the gun where it is on the server. Or when you have an invisible item in your inventory. I just can not understand why the server doesnt tell the client that there's something in that slot when you try to put an item there. For sure the server handles this bc you cant put the item there, but thats it. You try to drag the item there, server checks, and then sends packet: fail. Why can't instead this be like: trying to drag item, server checks, sends packet: fail, sends item info on that slot.

• Beans 1

On 5/31/2023 at 9:51 PM, Xeonmeister said:

Since you seem to answer a lot of questions i'd love to get an answer to this: Why is dayz so keen on trying to synchronize things only once and then trying to keep it that way and never re-sync unless the character relogs?

If for example the ammo pile amount wasn't synced only once but instead synchronized every single time someone picks it up then such bugs couldn't even appear.

There are also bugs when you have something in your hands on the server but the client thinks it's empty and it's not letting you switch the item out from your hands (well, not until you relog). Why can't instead the server just put the other item in your hands and synchronize with the client what happened to the other thing, which was in your hands (which you couldn't see clientside).

On 6/2/2023 at 3:05 AM, drgullen said:

@Xeonmeister

I have wondered this as well.  I guess just as a more general question that I would like answered is why can't the client and server sync with each other on a regular basis?

Back in the day, I worked for a software company that dealt with punch clocks.  We had something we called a totalizer that was a process that was running in the background on the server and checked every few seconds to see if there were any new entries in the punch card table.  If there were, that meant there were totals out of sync, so it did its thing to update the totals in the system.

Why can't DayZ do something similar?  You could have the client check maybe once every 60 seconds to make sure its inventory and character state matches the server's inventory and state for that character.  If they are not in sync, update the server with what the client has so that other players will see you the same as the server now sees you.

@Kyiara  Is something like this not possible and if not, why not?  It is frustrating having to re-log to fix this as on a busy server, unless you have queue priority, you have a long wait to play again.

I forwarded your feedback to the devs. They see your points. It may be something to look into in the future.

On 6/1/2023 at 3:49 PM, Infernales said:

Here's my question: at least this year, wait for the server files under Linux for the stable branch or not? I don't know why the developers are playing for time, but in the experimental server under Linux, the mods work and the server itself also works stably. Moreover, the server consumes less resources, since it does not require a running KVM with Windows Server to run it.

There is a lot behind it. It's still being worked on. We hope to have some more info soon.

On 6/1/2023 at 10:23 PM, Crossrose said:

just curious on the server maintenance that was cancelled for today june 1st because it says the server is unreachable.  Did they go down for maintenance after all?

Hi, there were some issues during the maintenance, everything was solved and should work just fine now.

On 6/4/2023 at 12:59 AM, Indinator4033 said:

I absolutely hate this new thirst indicator sound, i always cringe when i hear it.

Which one? And why? 

• Like 1

On 6/4/2023 at 12:59 AM, Indinator4033 said:

I absolutely hate this new thirst indicator sound, i always cringe when i hear it.

8 hours ago, Kyiara said:

Which one? And why? 

Seeing the extremely negative reaction some players have reported, I am pretty sure it's related to this: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Misophonia#Signs_and_symptoms

Personally I can't relate, but quick google search indicates that it ruins the experience for some people, not only in DayZ but in other games too.

Edited by MisterMysterious
additional info
  • Beans 1

11 hours ago, Kyiara said:

There is a lot behind it. It's still being worked on. We hope to have some more info soon.

The only problem that I met on a server under Linux is that mods will not work if they are just thrown into a folder, as on a server under Windows, but this is solved by installing one package and a small script, but in fact this is not critical . As far as I remember, the problem is with case sensitivity. If necessary, I will describe this process in full with all the nuances and give the script itself. I can also share a unit for systemd so that the server starts as a daemon and automatically restarts after a crash. At least such information in the WIKI of the project or somewhere in the documentation would not hurt.

PC Stable 1.21 Update 2 - Version 1.21.156243 (Released on 06.06.2023)

GAME

FIXED

CHANGED

• Reduced the volume of the thirst indication sounds

CENTRAL ECONOMY

• Fixed: Vehicle parts on truck wrecks were spawning badly rotated
  • Fixed: Items spawn points were misaligned in various buildings

SERVER

MODDING

KNOWN ISSUES

• Admin logs are not writing deaths by AI correctly

TL DR network issues that I didn't experience in the past after a long absence from DayZ

I just noticed yesterday that the DayZ Launcher does not respect the Steam Download Restriction Setting "Allow downloads during gameplay".
I re-installed DayZ after a long absence and it immediately started downloading tens of extra gigabytes of mods on my limited data-plan, even though I had made sure Steam would block any Downloads once I had actually launched DayZ. In the background, almost my entire data-plan was exhausted on Workshop downloads.

Or maybe this is a problem with Steam itself? Could you guys at Bohemia Interactive take this up with them because in the past I have had very little success in reaching out to Valve Software.

Also this happened on an official DayZ server: After about an hour of playing, I was kicked because my ping briefly spiked above 300 ms. Please do not kick players AFTER they have already joined just because their connection quality briefly suffers from issues. Everybody does not have access to circuit switched or lightning-fast fibreoptical packet-switching connections. I am 100 % wireless and have been since 2014. I could play DayZ perfectly fine without kicks up until this year. Normally my ping is 55 ms (latency of 28 ms) with a jitter of 6 ms.

Also after I was kicked and trying to rejoin, I was kicked again because I apparently was already playing in the server.

With this post I'd just like to discuss my renewed experience of DayZ but I will also report an issue on the feedback tracker if it continues.

Edited by vitdom
  • Beans 1

On 6/2/2023 at 2:05 AM, drgullen said:

@Xeonmeister

Would it be possible to have a re-sync button in the menu? If you know your desynced e.g Hand bugged you could just resync from there rather than going through the whole re-log process. Might need a cool down on it so it can only be pressed once every few minutes or something, but I feel like this could be a good work around especially for people who play on full servers where re-logging isn't practical.

hey devs, PLEASE add to vanilla a craft-able or very rare Solo Locker:

locker

Solo Locker (Loadout, 2 Weapons, 100 Slots, lockable)

also a decent Keypad or codelock

we need those in vanilla ASAP tired of mod infested server so unstable

I need help! Is this who I talk to about Dayz Blackout US3? I was banned for no reason. I'm I going to the wrong place to ask this? If I am, can you direct me to the right person.

Edited by Truth is power
More information

22 hours ago, vitdom said:

TL DR network issues that I didn't experience in the past after a long absence from DayZ

I just noticed yesterday that the DayZ Launcher does not respect the Steam Download Restriction Setting "Allow downloads during gameplay".
I re-installed DayZ after a long absence and it immediately started downloading tens of extra gigabytes of mods on my limited data-plan, even though I had made sure Steam would block any Downloads once I had actually launched DayZ. In the background, almost my entire data-plan was exhausted on Workshop downloads.

Or maybe this is a problem with Steam itself? Could you guys at Bohemia Interactive take this up with them because in the past I have had very little success in reaching out to Valve Software.

Also this happened on an official DayZ server: After about an hour of playing, I was kicked because my ping briefly spiked above 300 ms. Please do not kick players AFTER they have already joined just because their connection quality briefly suffers from issues. Everybody does not have access to circuit switched or lightning-fast fibreoptical packet-switching connections. I am 100 % wireless and have been since 2014. I could play DayZ perfectly fine without kicks up until this year. Normally my ping is 55 ms (latency of 28 ms) with a jitter of 6 ms.

Also after I was kicked and trying to rejoin, I was kicked again because I apparently was already playing in the server.

With this post I'd just like to discuss my renewed experience of DayZ but I will also report an issue on the feedback tracker if it continues.

Both the setting and the workshop are related to Steam.
Sadly we have to. The game could also be negatively affected by players with such issues.
If you try to rejoin the servers within the 15 seconds of the server saving your character, you will not be allowed to join until those 15 seconds are over (the character is still on the server)

The ping issue may not be just due to the past updates, as the networks themselves can get worse over time as well or have temporary issues. Also, there was maintenance on the route to our servers this week, which could also be affecting this, and the wireless connection itself may be unstable due to many reasons that could have changed in the past months.

If the issues keep happening, you can always create a ticket here, and it could be looked into more deeply.

21 hours ago, bartellz said:

Would it be possible to have a re-sync button in the menu? If you know your desynced e.g Hand bugged you could just resync from there rather than going through the whole re-log process. Might need a cool down on it so it can only be pressed once every few minutes or something, but I feel like this could be a good work around especially for people who play on full servers where re-logging isn't practical.

I have added it to the feedback.

18 hours ago, waffen said:

hey devs, PLEASE add to vanilla a craft-able or very rare Solo Locker:

locker

Solo Locker (Loadout, 2 Weapons, 100 Slots, lockable)

also a decent Keypad or codelock

we need those in vanilla ASAP tired of mod infested server so unstable

Suggestion noted.

12 hours ago, Truth is power said:

I need help! Is this who I talk to about Dayz Blackout US3? I was banned for no reason. I'm I going to the wrong place to ask this? If I am, can you direct me to the right person.

You mean the Community Blackout server? You need to contact the admin there.
I have found this. The best is probably to contact them via Discord.

On 6/6/2023 at 4:12 AM, Infernales said:

The only problem that I met on a server under Linux is that mods will not work if they are just thrown into a folder, as on a server under Windows, but this is solved by installing one package and a small script, but in fact this is not critical . As far as I remember, the problem is with case sensitivity. If necessary, I will describe this process in full with all the nuances and give the script itself. I can also share a unit for systemd so that the server starts as a daemon and automatically restarts after a crash. At least such information in the WIKI of the project or somewhere in the documentation would not hurt.

Thank you, noted. We will look into the documentation.
If you have the info, I can forward it to the team to look into it.
Thank you!

3 hours ago, Kyiara said:

Thank you, noted. We will look into the documentation.
If you have the info, I can forward it to the team to look into it.
Thank you!

To run a server with mods under Linux, you need install perl-rename package. Some distributions have already replaced the default rename with perl-rename. To find out, just run the command with the --version:

XV1wf5V.png

CsiB3dz.png

For example, install two mods CF and Community-Online-Tools:
1. Copy folders 1559212036 and 1564026768 from /path/to/steamapps/workshop/content/221100/ to the server folder.
2. Create a mods.sh file in the server folder:

#!/bin/sh
cd "/path/to/dayz/server/"
find 1559212036 -depth -exec perl-rename -v 's/(.*)\/([^\/]*)/$1\/\L$2/' {} \;
find 1564026768 -depth -exec perl-rename -v 's/(.*)\/([^\/]*)/$1\/\L$2/' {} \;

3. chmod u+x /path/to/mods.sh
4. Run mods.sh
5. After that, add the keys to the mods, as on the server under Windows, to the "keys" folder.

As you can see, this is not such a critical problem. It's enough just to warn everyone about it and that's it.
Should I describe creating a unit for systemd so that the server starts automatically and automatically restarts after a crash?

P.S. I forgot to add that if rename is replaced in the distribution with perl-rename, then in the mods.sh script, replace perl-rename with rename to make it work.

Edited by Infernales
  • Thanks 1

" On 6/6/2023 at 8:44 AM, bartellz said:

I have added it to the feedback."

I've asked about this about a year ago. 
Was told it's not possible, or at least very hard to implement. 

But having a "Fix Sync" without needing to relog would be nice, but I think the issue is the user needs to disconnect to save and reload the database to the client, which could be abused during PVP.