Sign in to follow this  
General Zod

Increase fuse delay on smoke grenades

Hi

Title says it all, smoke grenades starts to smoke before you can throw them which makes it impossible to use them without giving away your position. They should have the same delay as frag and stun grenades. 

• Like 3

Unfortunately the current smoke grenades in the game are almost true to life. The fuse in a smoke grenade ignites as soon as the spoon is released. That being said, the spoon should not be released while still in your hand but at the moment of throw. That part should be corrected. 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Former Echo Trooper said:

Unfortunately the current smoke grenades in the game are almost true to life. The fuse in a smoke grenade ignites as soon as the spoon is released. That being said, the spoon should not be released while still in your hand but at the moment of throw. That part should be corrected. 

Ok but what isn't true to life is the spasticated way of throwing a grenade in dayz

In real life I can hold a grenade is mostly ready to throw position while removing the pin which means I can throw one almost instantly 

Mean while throwing a grenade in dayz

Hold the grenade in a hand by your hips

Raise the hands and unpin the grenade

Lower the hands AGAIN while holding the now unpinned grenade (it starts to smoke now)

Get into a throwing stance (by that time the grenade is already smoking full blast) 

Hold the throw button to load up 

Release to throw. 

Since we definitely won't get the way we throw the grenade changed they need to change the delay on it starting to release the smoke. There is a reason smoke grenades are almost never used in this game. 

Edited by General Zod
  • Like 1

On 5/22/2023 at 5:38 PM, Former Echo Trooper said:

I’m not disagreeing with you. The throw animations definitely need fixed. 

I doubt we'll get a throw animation that will be as quick as a two second fuse so the longer fuse is easier solution to this problem.