gkg-3c4c606fcace9e27

Problem building map - PBOProject "EnvSounds Quadtree is uncnompressed"

I'm trying to create a map, and after watching several videos and reading up I've come as far as creating the actual terrain. Next step in the videos is running the data through PBOProject. After some initial problems with some png files, I've come far enough for it to do the binarize, but I get the warning

Map.wrp:validating...
warningP:\temp\Map\Map.wrp:EnvSounds quadtree is uncompressed

and it stops the generation there. I can't find anything on the 'net about this warning/error ... what do I have to do to fix this? I can't even find any file/directory called EnvSounds ... or entries in the config file ...

Help appreciated!

• Like 1

I am also having the same problem with this when packing a custom map mod with PboProject. Everything is set correctly in PboProject and have done all the folder setup and stuff.  I run it and it goes through the binarize and layer copys for a map fine then pbo process failed. I get the same error that OP was talking about. I couldnt find anything either and I had to just stop working on it and stressing cause I cant find any answers anywhere else.

I also am hoping that packing in PboProject will fix an issue with my map where it is very foggy, and it seems like im way up in the air. There is like a black sphere under me. The default DayZ addon builder can build the data but Im guessing its corrupted or somethings wrong hence the strange problems.  I can hear ground sounds like gravel crunches and loot spawns correctly its just up in the air or my map is way down for some reason.

Hopefully someone figures it out or updates.

Feel free to check out the World Design Resources discord community for help in/with your map dev journey. The discord invite link is https://www.discord.gg/XEBAvpnvjx

For the solution you can uncheck warnings are errors, in your pboproject 
You may also want to disable quadtree is not compressed on pbo project setup

From what I am seeing, you are far more likely to find solutions at the discord community link I have shared above than you will find here.