LongjohnSilver1PS5

Grunting sickness won't go away

Gday - I have somehow contracted a sickness that makes my character grunt about every minute. No other symptoms - though I do throw up if I eat or drink too much at a time. Everything else is fine.

Tetracycline doesn't work (I tried about 8). Codeine doesn't take away the grunts either.

Some forums say its Infection and that tetracycline will fix it - some say its salmonella (but I'm not regularly throwing up which I thought you got if you had salmonella!!) and charcoal will fix it.

Is there a treatment to make this go away? I haven't tried a full stack of charcoal yet as I don't have any.

It's a bit annoying and no mistake.

It sounds like a wound infection. Treat with iodene or disinfectant. 

The grunting says it's a wound infection as a result of either letting a wound heal itself over time or binding it with rags that hadn't been disinfected. Tetracycline is the only cure to this condition but how many you need to take varies depending on what level of infection you have. At level 1 your character grunts but if your vision starts to blur you've reached level 2 infection and tetracycline has to drop the infection to level 1  before it can cure you. How many pills you have to pop is random and it can take just 1 - 2 to cure a level 1 infection or if you're unlucky it can take a whole pack or more. The trick is to just keep taking tetracycline until the virus icon is gone.

See https://dayz.fandom.com/wiki/Character_Status for more info.

Hope this helps!