Sign in to follow this  
yarosan63

Optimisation on ps4

Guys, stop adding a stupid shit to the game, please fix game on ps4, its nearly imposible to play it on ps4 game lags freezes, its realy painfull to play it, i mean i love this game and that game is crashes and each time freezes when i ride a vehicle on my ps4, which is only option to play the game i havem breaks my heart. i have to close game when it stops to show me frames, while im going 60 kmh on v3s, it sucks. Cmon game aint that hard, and i hope dev team are not a bunch of idiots. WORK ABOUT IT It lags hard even on ps5 guys, it is wrong!!!

• Like 1

yeah, who do you think you are playing a game on a console it was designed and sold for?

• Like 2

Imagine entering your console's store, seeing a game that is for sale for YOUR console, buying it and when you start playing you realize that the game is not running as it should (fps drop, stuttering, rendering delay).
So in the greatest good will you come to the game's forum, create an account, to ask the devs to fix the game that was released more than 1 decade ago.
For someone to come down and say 'hur dur, the problem is your console, buy another one'... at the very least the game should be removed from the store, as ps4 owners can buy a game that doesn't run on the console they own supposedly says it runs.

The guy is not asking the game to run at 4K 120 FPS with RAY TRACING, it's a 2013 game with super outdated graphics, on ps4 DayZ shouldn't even run at 1080p and even then the game doesn't run at at least 30 FPS.

cases like cyberpunk should happen more often, sony and microsoft should prevent the game from being sold if the game does not run on the console that it is available for sale

Edited by PauloH
  • Like 1

Games ported from PC to Console are notorious for being shit. Maybe you should have done some research or bought a PC before complaining that your struggling to get good FPS on a console that came out in 2013

• Confused 1
  • Beans 1

Guess what: it`s the same on PS5!

The game was in a better state on both Playstations before the last update!

Additionally: the fact, that you can loose your car when the body (of the car) is ruined(it`s not repairable) makes it even worse.

(it came into game whith blowtorch/repair gas tanks)

How long you can hold a car is pure luck now,   because these lags and freezes are unavoidable on PS4/5.

for example:

- Today, i was killed in my M3 after freeze first, because i ended in a lake (i was more than 50m away from it and driving very cautiously) 

and only 2 hours later i almost ruined my Ada(orange body now) because of another freeze.

- Sometimes it takes several minutes(longest was aprox 5min), until the freeze ends and game continues.

- Have you ever tried to drive an M3 through a forest/bushes, or tried to park it in close corners?

- when bumpers are ruined (and yes, i know, they are repairable, but after a hefty crash they are immediately ruined in most cases), the slightest collision with an obstacle is damaging the body! It`s planned obsolecense!!! 

- Also, as far as i know, DAYZ on PC is not "heaven on earth" too.

- They should consider to completely split the development of console and PC versions.

My Provocative Proposal: Abandon the development of the PC version and give it into the hands of the PC-modding-community.

Because, BI can earn more money on console, for sure! (with new maps for example)

Be honest: Who would buy an official map on PC for 14 bucks, hm?

Finally, both parties have paid for this game, right ? and both, PC AND CONSOLE gamers, are mostly not really satisfied with update 1.20 right now.

On 3/13/2023 at 6:37 PM, SleeperZ said:

Games ported from PC to Console are notorious for being shit. Maybe you should have done some research or bought a PC before complaining that your struggling to get good FPS on a console that came out in 2013

Good job there are never any issues on PC. Oh wait...  https://feedback.bistudio.com/project/view/2/

1 hour ago, lemmac said:

Good job there are never any issues on PC. Oh wait...  https://feedback.bistudio.com/project/view/2/

You gave me a list of bugs? This guy is talking about lag spikes, game crashes, poor fps etc THis is a console problem and all bugs are shared with pc and console because they're ported over not written by another team

1 hour ago, SleeperZ said:

talking about lag spikes, game crashes, poor fps

Again: the Game was running much better and was more stable on PS5 AND PS4 before 1.20! (in different ways) 

and It simply didn`t get freezed that often when driving!

IF it is unavoidable on console because of technical limits THEN vehicles must have a repairable body! (use the obsolete pipe wrench) ELSE deactivate it.

1 hour ago, SleeperZ said:

all bugs are shared with pc and console because they're ported over not written by another team

Yes, and this is perhaps one of the reasons why it doesn`t work that way.

As I said, I can well imagine that a separate development of PC/Console would be better for both sides. Maybe outsource it as a type of "franchise" on console, if that is somehow feasible (instead of abandoning one or the other)

Edited by RenDark2000

On 3/15/2023 at 1:01 AM, SleeperZ said:

You gave me a list of bugs? This guy is talking about lag spikes, game crashes, poor fps etc THis is a console problem and all bugs are shared with pc and console because they're ported over not written by another team

Plenty of complaints regarding all those things you mention from PC players.