Bubbehn

Help understanding persistence for attachments/bags & other items.

Hello, I have been experiencing some issues with items de-spawning after a server restart, while some doesn't. I'm quite new to DayZ configuration and I am trying to figure out how/where to add items so this does not happen. Some examples are;

Attached scopes to weapons stored in a lockers, for instance PU scopes. While some doesn't.

Bags, those tested are not vanilla, so I guess it needs to be added somewhere?

Along with misc items such as compasses.

What file/s dictates that an item have a lifetime which prevents it from despawning? Or how does this work? Please go easy on me, best regards Bubbehn

Sorry if I'm in a bit of a hurry, but... search for "<lifetime>" & "DayZ" I think you will find a lot of information about it 😉

On 2/14/2023 at 11:41 AM, Riddick_2K said:

Sorry if I'm in a bit of a hurry, but... search for "<lifetime>" & "DayZ" I think you will find a lot of information about it 😉

I've had a look around and I'm a bit confused, some hits tells me that, yeah lifetime is set dictating before an item despawn, but will not if inside a container. (Unless the container de-spawns of course) But it's apparent that this is not the case since some items do disappear after a restart even in a container. I'll have to test simply adding the one of the faulty items to the default types and see if that makes any difference.

Furthermore, what makes it even more confusing is that the items does spawn properly. (Mod items) yet not defined, and the included types.xml is not added to our types. So how do they even spawn.

Edited by Bubbehn

On 2/28/2023 at 5:28 AM, Bubbehn said:

I've had a look around and I'm a bit confused, some hits tells me that, yeah lifetime is set dictating before an item despawn, but will not if inside a container. (Unless the container de-spawns of course) But it's apparent that this is not the case since some items do disappear after a restart even in a container. I'll have to test simply adding the one of the faulty items to the default types and see if that makes any difference.

Furthermore, what makes it even more confusing is that the items does spawn properly. (Mod items) yet not defined, and the included types.xml is not added to our types. So how do they even spawn.

what you first described is an item not in types.xml OR a typo in types.xml.  Then you say its not even in types.xml so how can it spawn? it can't.  without seeing the types.xml and maybe the modlist, its going to be hard to diagnose since you're issues are contradictory.

Just wanted to say that the problem was solved. It was a faulty ce entry. Thanks!