In_search_of_Trip

Fix base building please!!!

Base building in DayZ is one of the the most important parts of game.
he construction and arrangement of the base can take about 30% of the game time.
And this big and important part of the game works horribly, and it has not changed for many years!
In most buildings, it is impossible to build anything, and this limits players.
And also a lot of cool places where you can hide your base from enemies and diversify the game.
Even a homemade tent cannot be well hidden in the forest so that it cannot be seen due to the slopes of the relief.

Also the map has many small buildings like "GardenShed" , "Transformer Building" "land_misc_feedshack"
which would be great for solo players.
In my opinion, construction is the most urgent problem of the game at the moment.
Please make doors and barricade windows.

In one of the interviews, you touched on the issue of Code Lock, I think the best solution would be for them to work on batteries
and after the battery is discharged, the doors are no longer locked, because if after the battery is discharged inside
no one will be the base will be blocked forever.

If you agree, please support this post by leaving a comment!!!
Please #fixBaseBuilding !!!

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Beans 2

Yes, I completely agree with the author of this post!
Building is important! #fixBaseBuilding!

Edited by Oleh Olehov

1 hour ago, In_search_of_Trip said:

no

Very weird how three brand new accounts with no history all suddenly jumped on to support it. I guess we'll follow their progress with great interest. 

• Haha 1

13 minutes ago, DayzDayzFanboy said:

Very weird how three brand new accounts with no history all suddenly jumped on to support it. I guess we'll follow their progress with great interest. 

I sent a link on this topic to  discord chanel (vanilla server where i play in DayZ) and asked support me.

Edited by In_search_of_Trip
  • Haha 1

I completely agree that the base building system should have a rework urgently. There's lot of bugs around base building, like barbed wire is basically useless, players can stay up to it and suffer no damage. It's impossible to create walls and fancies without gaps, and so on. It also takes too long to build a base that can be raided in couple minutes without much effort (it's almost impossible to have a base for more than 2 days).

The building system is the weakest point in DayZ right now. Building is one of the most important thing of a survival game, be able to protect yourself and your friends, store resources, and other things without be afraid to lose everything overnight, or at minimum be able to defend it.

I don't know if the team is working around this, but should be nice to have minimum an update about this and at least know if it's on the roadmap.

Thanks!

Edited by DonnesTV
Adding more context
  • Like 1

They are all new players... but they are right... 😉
Too bad they don't know that the B.I. he "deliberately" made building fences and pitching tents increasingly difficult and impossible, patch by patch. It is a deliberate choice, not a mistake or an "oversight". THEY DO IT ON PURPOSE !
From this, and from many other (small and large) things I have come to the conclusion that the B.I. HATE the game or its players. There is no other explanation otherwise.
I can understand the "inability" to write a working game or fix it... but when certain "features" are done on purpose (and admittedly on purpose), there's really no other explanation: they hate the game or its players!

• Sad 2

14 hours ago, Riddick_2K said:

Too bad they don't know that the B.I. he "deliberately" made building fences and pitching tents increasingly difficult and impossible, patch by patch. It is a deliberate choice, not a mistake or an "oversight". THEY DO IT ON PURPOSE !
From this, and from many other (small and large) things I have come to the conclusion that the B.I. HATE the game or its players. There is no other explanation otherwise.
I can understand the "inability" to write a working game or fix it... but when certain "features" are done on purpose (and admittedly on purpose), there's really no other explanation: they hate the game or its players!

For me, DayZ is a such good game and I don't see any reason for the studio hate their own game, but clearly they don't pay too much attention for the community.

I don't know what's happen, but it's a 10 years old game so I think they have a small team to just keep the game running and that's it, or they're busy with other stuff. We will never know. 🤷‍♂️

• Beans 1

2 minuti fa, DonnesTV ha detto:

Per me, DayZ è un gioco così bello e non vedo alcun motivo per cui lo studio odi il proprio gioco, ma chiaramente non prestano troppa attenzione alla comunità.

Non so cosa sia successo, ma è un gioco di 10 anni, quindi penso che abbiano una piccola squadra per mantenere il gioco in esecuzione e basta, o sono impegnati con altre cose. Non lo sapremo mai. 🤷‍♂️

You're new to DayZ too, huh... 😁

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Riddick_2K said:

You're new to DayZ too, huh... 😁

I follow DayZ since it's release. I can be a noob at the game but not new 😂

8 hours ago, DonnesTV said:

I follow DayZ since it's release. I can be a noob at the game but not new 😂

It may be true, but then it means that you haven't followed it much, if you don't know well what the "situation" of this game is and what has been done (and NOT done) over the years, patch after patch. 🤔

Edited by Riddick_2K

On 2/23/2023 at 3:37 AM, Riddick_2K said:

Really, it's look like mockery. I want to delete DayZ , set 1 star in Steam and never play again in this game.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

problem we can't choose bigger part of constructions for base because we can't build wall there.
For example, I would like to live in this houses:
land_house_1w04.jpg
land_house_2w02.jpg
land_house_1w10_brown.jpg
land_house_1w05_yellow.jpg
land_house_1w05.jpg
Also, will be great if I can build solo base in something place like this:
land_water_station.jpg
land_power_transformer_build.jpg
land_shed_m1.jpg
land_wreck_caravan_mrust.jpg
And it's not all nice ideas for good base. 

3 hours ago, In_search_of_Trip said:

problem we can't choose bigger part of constructions for base because we can't build wall there.
For example, I would like to live in this houses:
land_house_1w04.jpg

I have a base with 3 metal gates in this building, what's your excuse ?

On 6/7/2023 at 5:10 AM, waffen said:

I agree, +1 codelocks in vanilla is a must

Yes, It would be nice if I can enter password from keyboard but with some delay for people can't brute-force or, people can craft electronic code lock with battery, when battery is low power door is open. 
For example 1 battery work 2-3 real days

• Sad 1

On 6/6/2023 at 7:37 PM, General Zod said:

I have a base with 3 metal gates in this building, what's your excuse ?

Do you play on vanilla server?  show me how you built it.
I tried to put a wall behind 1st door but can't make top part of wall.
Send picture please.

7 hours ago, In_search_of_Trip said:

Do you play on vanilla server?  show me how you built it.
I tried to put a wall behind 1st door but can't make top part of wall.
Send picture please.

I play on community but without mods, just more stamina and loot. 

First two door are actually in front on the first door of the building and they are clipping through the corridor walls, 3rd door is there the entry to the room with the table is. It's a bit of a pain as the outer door cannot be opened from inside, and the inner are hard to close from inside. Nut I did once see someone make a gate where the first door is withour clipping through the wall. 

My character is all the way in tisy on a loot run but when I'm back I'll take a screenshot 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, General Zod said:

I play on community but without mods, just more stamina and loot. 

First two door are actually in front on the first door of the building and they are clipping through the corridor walls, 3rd door is there the entry to the room with the table is. It's a bit of a pain as the outer door cannot be opened from inside, and the inner are hard to close from inside. Nut I did once see someone make a gate where the first door is withour clipping through the wall. 

My character is all the way in tisy on a loot run but when I'm back I'll take a screenshot 

that is also my case, in an "almost vanilla" server

I prefer that to a heavily modded server that needs to restart every 2hrs just to be stable (and still crashes), that has tons of m4 and ak variants.

We really need a codelock for vanilla

that and half-wall or wall with small door in the center

also lockers, from time to time I post that here but no one listens

kinds regards

• Like 1
  • Beans 1