Kiqo-69f698186f5cd181

Allow servers owners to fully revert the inertia to 1.18 - Also Fix the stuck in ads bug when you crouch & ads

I am yet to understand why server owners are not able to configure the inertia settings within the files to which point it reverts the state back to 1.18. The inertia is one of the most buggiest implementations to the game & not only hinders the players the pvp with mechanical skill but makes the game sluggish. Not every server & player welcomes this to the game & needs to be revert-able.

In addition, the inertia brings along the bug of which when you crouch and ads at or almost the same time, you’re character gets bugged in a glitched state in which you cannot move, ads or shoot resulting in death if you are in combat. This is another reason as to they inertia ruins the game & needs to be turned off.

please fix your game.

No, it doesn't need to be 'revert-able'.   It's a design decision and it reflects the original design of the game, which belongs to Bohemia Interactive, not you.  You can make suggestions, with arguments, facts, and evidence, but the choice isn't yours to make.  

Bringing inertia back was the right choice.   Making it optional would be a mistake.   If you want a gamey, first person shooter where you don't really have to make a time investment into your character, then maybe DayZ isn't for you.  Not having inertia is cancerous to this game.   Inertia enhances the game and needs to stay on without option.

Stop running into combat at every possible opportunity maybe.

52 minutes ago, Kiqo-69f698186f5cd181 said:

In addition, the inertia brings along the bug of which when you crouch and ads at or almost the same time, you’re character gets bugged in a glitched state in which you cannot move, ads or shoot resulting in death if you are in combat. This is another reason as to they inertia ruins the game & needs to be turned off.

Are you sure this bug is tied to inertia?  If it is, what's wrong with fixing the bug and keeping inertia as-is?   Reverting mechanics does not have to be the default method to fix bugs.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Parazight said:

No, it doesn't need to be 'revert-able'.   It's a design decision and it reflects the original design of the game, which belongs to Bohemia Interactive, not you.  You can make suggestions, with arguments, facts, and evidence, but the choice isn't yours to make.  

Bringing inertia back was the right choice.   Making it optional would be a mistake.   If you want a gamey, first person shooter where you don't really have to make a time investment into your character, then maybe DayZ isn't for you.  Not having inertia is cancerous to this game.   Inertia enhances the game and needs to stay on without option.

Stop running into combat at every possible opportunity maybe.

Are you sure this bug is tied to inertia?  If it is, what's wrong with fixing the bug and keeping inertia as-is?   Reverting mechanics does not have to be the default method to fix bugs.

What are you even saying? Your point is only spoken from one side of the game. How can you be so against community servers reverting it? It’s obviously not going to effect you or anyone else like you since you’re obviously someone who rps and has no interest in pvping… Maybe I would agree if the inertia wasn’t so buggy and unfinished. It is obvious no testing had happened when implementing this as it has only brought problems. 

Also how can you suggest the “game isn’t for me” & tell me to “avoid combat”? Have you ever considered that people play the game to pvp & not like you that fishes? I have 5k hours playing pvp focused servers & from my side of community, the inertia hinders us. And again we being able to revert this has no effect on you… Plus one of your points was “isn’t yours to change” & “doesn’t need to be revert-able” yet Bohemia do already allow for servers to reduce the amount of inertia but not fully remove it.

inertia only needs some small tweaks now for certain objects u want to pass. sometimes u get stuck at medium steps while trying to enter a building. nothing game breaking for me, u can still get over it by sprinting or vaulting.

ads bugs are since ever in the game. doin 2 commands at once with your char often leads to some ugly desyncs. u dont need inertia for that.

personally im very happy with inertia and im looking forward for more limitations that go closer to a survival game.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Kiqo-69f698186f5cd181 said:

What are you even saying? Your point is only spoken from one side of the game. How can you be so against community servers reverting it? It’s obviously not going to effect you or anyone else like you since you’re obviously someone who rps and has no interest in pvping… Maybe I would agree if the inertia wasn’t so buggy and unfinished. It is obvious no testing had happened when implementing this as it has only brought problems. 

Also how can you suggest the “game isn’t for me” & tell me to “avoid combat”? Have you ever considered that people play the game to pvp & not like you that fishes? I have 5k hours playing pvp focused servers & from my side of community, the inertia hinders us. And again we being able to revert this has no effect on you… Plus one of your points was “isn’t yours to change” & “doesn’t need to be revert-able” yet Bohemia do already allow for servers to reduce the amount of inertia but not fully remove it.

Unrealistic zig-zagging.  Let's bring that bullshit back.  Is that what you want?  No thanks. 

The inertia doesn't hinder you, you just have to change tactics because now EVERYBODY has inertia.  Reverting it back goes against the integrity of the title.  It's like making your own additions at your local art gallery.  But hey, I must be wrong because I agree with the devs on this.  Do you think they've considered this at all?  Of course!  That's why the brought inertia back.

5k hours?  How adorable.  When you get some real experience maybe you'll get it because my point is definitely not 'from one side of the game'.   Again,  reverting is not the default solution to bugs.  Welcome to the forums, new guy.  Maybe you could spend some time reading past threads/arguments on inertia.