Sign in to follow this  
blueshorts44

RagDolls

I think to improve the immersion in the game they should implement ragdolls. Im tired of seeing the same 3 zombie death animations and the 5 player death animations, who wants a static animation to be played instead of a fluid smooth animation. I dont think i can talk about how much i want ragdolls back without ending up on a list but i would like to see them return.

• Like 1

Ragdoll created all sort of problems in the past. Thats why they removed it. I too would like to see it return but not with the problems it gave. 

-bouncing objects, lag, unlootable bodies, server crashes, just to name a few issues it caused. 

• Like 1

These problems are still a thing. Players weren't supposed to be merged with buildings or disappear beneath them when killed but it was happening on a daily basis last time i played. Hospital in particular was problematic. Thick walls.

On 12/29/2022 at 5:45 PM, McWendy said:

Ragdoll created all sort of problems in the past. Thats why they removed it. I too would like to see it return but not with the problems it gave. 

-bouncing objects, lag, unlootable bodies, server crashes, just to name a few issues it caused. 

Yeah but as game devs who create their own engine they should be able to stamp out a fair amount of these issues. I especially want ragdolls back for the fact that it is too easy to tell if a player is uncon or not which makes the pulse check option useless

on the topic of ragdolls. I dont think i ever seen a game do ragdolls "appropriately". meaning in some way where i was 100% convinced that it was believable and didnt take me out of the game.

I think the best ive ever seen is RDR2 and even then, there are times that make it seems kind of ridiculous.

However, i am not just a complainer and have an alternative suggestion that I think is the best.

Personally, I think the scripted animations for death and such are the best. They always seemed "grounded" to me and more real. especially when looking back at Arma 2's death animations as bad they were I have some missing of the feeling of seeing the enemies go through a death fall over. I do think what leads people not to like this isnt the basic fundamentals but just simply the fact there isnt enough variety. which ragdolls are great are doing, unrepeatable death movements. which are cool. I think having like 3-5 animations for each type of death and such would make this "sameness" alot less apparent.

But that just my view on it. I think scripted animations are the best route to take.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, blueshorts44 said:

Yeah but as game devs who create their own engine they should be able to stamp out a fair amount of these issues. I especially want ragdolls back for the fact that it is too easy to tell if a player is uncon or not which makes the pulse check option useless

Yes stamping out issues is what these Devs are known to be about....... 

At some point there may be a comparison chart of Enfusion and Unreal. I don't know anything about it, but if Dayz is a success of players and money, talking about graphics engine technology is inherent.

😕 This has nothing to do with anything.

Edited by John Maynard